The future of the 2nd Amendment

This is a discussion on The future of the 2nd Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We had a great victory in the supreme court, but IMHO, the media and the anti's have ramped up their propaganda and their efforts in ...

Thread: The future of the 2nd Amendment

The future of the 2nd Amendment

We had a great victory in the supreme court, but IMHO, the media and the anti's have ramped up their propaganda and their efforts in the past few months. I can understand why - it's an election year and they have a hard core anti-gunner running for president. To me, the battle has just begun.

Up until April, i have never owned a gun...i would shoot a lot, but they were never my guns Now i own a few and i also carry. i love it...next to my God and my wife, there is nothing i enjoy more. it seems to me that i love my hobby, but am so fearful of it being taken away from me...like a kid playing with a toy then having his mom or dad take it away for no good reason...the kid throws a temper tantrum and becomes spiteful.

Since Heller is settled and the SCOTUS defined it...what are the chances of seeing another AWB, more regulation, ammo bans, etc? If [him we don't speak of] gets into office, i assume the chances are high, but i'd like to hear from other people.

i want to hand my rifles and all to my kids and my grandkids...but something tells me that may be a pipe dream.

is it right to be like the kid with that toy?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

Yes, enjoy the comfort that being armed brings you. But remember the rules, and most importantly, stay safe!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I think the possibilities are there. That's why I maintain the real battle needs to be won in the House and the Senate. That's the area where voters can make the biggest impact.

Safely enjoy your new-found hobby to its fullest and become an advocate for our individual rights!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

BAC
    Most forms of gun control exist specifically because folks don't have the balls to take on the Second Amendment itself. The amendment process is ponderous at best, as it was designed to be, and that's not good enough for folks who take offense to our keeping and bearing of arms.

-B

Our wonderful Governor of the Commonwealth of Mass. Wants to double the permit fee, in '03 1.5mil. LTC holders. Fee raised from $25 to $100, now there is only 240 thousand of us left. He has just proposed increase to $200 (6yr lic.) and also hammers the gun store owners with big increases. Taxing our rights away, really hurts the little guy trying to put food on table & gas in car.

cali is going that with ammo taxes...they will regulate and tax the gun owners out of existence.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Gotta keep working at the state/local level. Elect pro-2a reps & senators, from both parties. Keep the pressure on there so that misguided "assault weapons" bans die on the vine. We need to have a solid pro-2a block which can prevail regardless of which party has the majority.

To paraphrase Franklin (pretty cheeky, I know):
    "Sir, what kind of right do we have?"
    "An individual right -- if you can keep it!"
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    Since Heller is settled and the SCOTUS defined it...what are the chances of seeing another AWB, more regulation, ammo bans, etc? If [him we don't speak of] gets into office, i assume the chances are high, but i'd like to hear from other people.
    If Osama H. C. H. Obama gets into office and the dems control Congress, I'd say the likelyhood is very high for another AWB.

Personally I have never, and will never vote for a politician that supports gun control and doesn't believe that my rights to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Gotta keep working at the state/local level. Elect pro-2a reps & senators, from both parties. Keep the pressure on there so that misguided "assault weapons" bans die on the vine. We need to have a solid pro-2a block which can prevail regardless of which party has the majority.

To paraphrase Franklin (pretty cheeky, I know):
    "Sir, what kind of right do we have?"
    "An individual right -- if you can keep it!"
    Well said!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Heller has given us some good ammunition, but we still have to go hunting. Take a look at the way DC and Chicago are playing things out; they aren't renouncing their unconstitutional practices even if shown that it is unconstitutional. We cannot gain their cooperation but have to drag them to court every step of the way, year after year.

No "arrival", just the journey. The unending fight for liberty against those who want government to be absolute.

More of a reason to support the NRA and keep a well stocked arsenal at home.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    More of a reason to support the NRA and keep a well stocked arsenal at home.
    'Cause the NRA did a bang-up job on Heller didn't they.

-B

Links