Next time someone says....

Next time someone says....

This is a discussion on Next time someone says.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The United States is not as safe because of all our guns... well here are a few links to refute that baloney. A nation of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next time someone says....

"The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

But but but gun control stops crime
    NRA Member

UK? Crime? What?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Even Canada's criminal victimization rate per capita is grater than ours, so says Canada's own governmental record keepers and office of statistics. Even the UN's own collection of criminal victimization data states and supports this.
    I've been stating this stuff and posting as much for years, and it's not even difficult information to locate.

So called 'gun control' is proven to be of negative benefit counter to common assumption. Real world results have not proven as much, citizen arms control and/or bans, to be beneficial anywhere be it at a community, state, or even at first and third world country levels.

- Janq

"False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Even Canada's criminal victimization rate per capita is grater than ours, so says Canada's own governmental record keepers and office of statistics. Even the UN's own collection of criminal victimization data states and supports this.
    I've been stating this stuff and posting as much for years, and it's not even difficult information to locate.

So called 'gun control' is proven to be of negative benefit counter to common assumption. Real world results have not proven as much, citizen arms control and/or bans, to be beneficial anywhere be it at a community, state, or even at first and third world country levels.

- Janq
    Janq....I'm not refuting your premise, but do you have a link to these stats that reflect Canada's victimization rates?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Just dont ride a Greyhound bus in Canada.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

These reports can not be true. Are we not told that gun control stops crime just look at England.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Good Stuff!!!

"Twenty-six percent of English citizens -- roughly one-quarter of the population -- have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized."

The United States didn't even make the "top 10" list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime.

One thing that stood out to me was in the Reason Magazine article,
    that the U.S. (FBI) told reporting/responding police departments to report ALL homicides, regardless of judgement, as murder, thereby 'raising' the numbers.......whereas the English "dress down" thier numbers by waiting for the judgements and not calling any homicide a "murder", thus showing markedly "low" murder/homicide rates.

Go figure........?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

the united states is doing just fine with guns.
    law-abidding citizens that is.
    if it weren't for our guns (founding fathers
    and brave revolutinary war fighting civalians
    there would be no united states.
    tell them to put that in thier pipe and smoke it.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

the UK may be a haven for crime, but their people are civilized, refined, humane, well heeled...go figure.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    One thing that stood out to me was in the Reason Magazine article,
    that the U.S. (FBI) told reporting/responding police departments to report ALL homicides, regardless of judgement, as murder, thereby 'raising' the numbers.......whereas the English "dress down" thier numbers by waiting for the judgements and not calling any homicide a "murder", thus showing markedly "low" murder/homicide rates.
    Go figure........?
    Yeah, there's been several articles over they years about different areas playing with the number. Back in the mid 90's, English posters in a news group I hung out in claimed that the police either did not take reports of crimes or recorded them as lessor offenses (probably under pressure from above).

A woman I know went to Brazil on vacation and came back with some interesting tales regarding the police there. She had been told, by locals, to not bother going to the cops if something happens unless she was ready to pay them to do something about it. I've heard that of several other countries, I wonder what their real crime figures are.

I think another issue that plays into the perception that the USA has such major crime issues is the aggressive news media we have that just LOVES to highlight our weaknesses, and dramatize our tragedies in the name of ratings.

Ive been to other countries in the world, and seen other cultures, and NO other culture Ive seen likes to poke fun of itself as much as the USA.
    Its wonderful that we CAN, but sad that we feel the need to in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by enewman View Post
    I think another issue that plays into the perception that the USA has such major crime issues is the aggressive news media we have that just LOVES to highlight our weaknesses, and dramatize our tragedies in the name of ratings.

Ive been to other countries in the world, and seen other cultures, and NO other culture Ive seen likes to poke fun of itself as much as the USA.
    Its wonderful that we CAN, but sad that we feel the need to in my opinion.
    negativity sells here and the media knows it. why do you think the only news out of Iraq are of car bombings?
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

That and the fact that defensive uses of guns are hardly ever reported.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links