And all he got was a .22

This is a discussion on And all he got was a .22 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man whose lawsuit scuttled DC gun ban gets permit 11 hours ago WASHINGTON (AP) — The man whose lawsuit overturned Washington's handgun ban has successfully ...

Thread: And all he got was a .22

And all he got was a .22

Man whose lawsuit scuttled DC gun ban gets permit

11 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The man whose lawsuit overturned Washington's handgun ban has successfully registered his revolver, ending a more than 30-year wait to keep the weapon in his home.

Dick Heller walked out of D.C. police headquarters Monday, clutching a yellow firearms registration certificate stamped "approved." He gave the thumbs-up sign, grinned and said, "Victory!"

Heller was among the first people to seek a gun permit under new rules adopted after the Supreme Court struck down the city's 32-year-old handgun ban in June. Heller was the plaintiff in that case.

He won approval to keep a .22-caliber revolver at home after coming to police headquarters in July to be fingerprinted and take a firearms proficiency test. Police approved the weapon after completing a background check.

The Associated Press: Man whose lawsuit scuttled DC gun ban gets permit

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacNewton View Post
    Man whose lawsuit scuttled DC gun ban gets permit

11 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The man whose lawsuit overturned Washington's handgun ban has successfully registered his revolver, ending a more than 30-year wait to keep the weapon in his home.

Dick Heller walked out of D.C. police headquarters Monday, clutching a yellow firearms registration certificate stamped "approved." He gave the thumbs-up sign, grinned and said, "Victory!"

Heller was among the first people to seek a gun permit under new rules adopted after the Supreme Court struck down the city's 32-year-old handgun ban in June. Heller was the plaintiff in that case.

He won approval to keep a .22-caliber revolver at home after coming to police headquarters in July to be fingerprinted and take a firearms proficiency test. Police approved the weapon after completing a background check.

The Associated Press: Man whose lawsuit scuttled DC gun ban gets permit
    I wonder if he had to do a range test. If so, maybe a .22 wasn't such a bad idea. I took my road test in a Ford Pinto but had a Nissan 280 ZX waiting for me at home.

Either way, a well placed .22 round will definitely poop on a BG's party. I just bought a Walther P22 today, and while I don't intend to use it for defense I will if it comes down to it.

I believe he owns a .45, described as a 7 shot pistol in various articles, so its probably a 1911, but its considered a machine gun, and he can't register it. Thus the second lawsuit concerning the banning of semi-autos.

Don't misunderstand me here, this is progress and I'm happy about it; yet at the same time it grates my nerves raw to see it reported that the man "won approval" for a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT! What happened was that his right was finally recognized after far too much effort and expense. Still, it is a giant step in the right direction; I congratulate him and look forward to seeing the results of his second lawsuit.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

This was his second attempt to register his handgun the first attempt was for a 1911 45 and they claim any bottom fed magazine weapon is a machinegun,which isnot what the federal government calls a machinegun but i'm not surprised,if they saw a full auto airsoft they would probably throw you in jail for possession
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Machine gun?

Then my rifle must be a WMD.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Links