Man with guns arrested at Pelosi's Hotel?

This is a discussion on Man with guns arrested at Pelosi's Hotel? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs Check in , get your key , park the car , and then take the guns to your room bypassing ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Man with guns arrested at Pelosi's Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Check in , get your key , park the car , and then take the guns to your room bypassing the lobby ( i for one dont even want the front desk to know what i have in the room
    I can see the headlines now: "Man caught smuggling automatic weapons into hotel room. Police received tip from guest."
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Pelosi was at that specific hotel , which incited the entire thing
    And exactly how was he to know that?
    The guy arrested did not have a valid CCW so the two pistols were a problem because they were in his luggage and were not visible.
    And how does one get guns anywhere without a CCW? Concealed carry means just that. He wasn't "carrying".

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I have a question. If the article read, man with guns arrested at Bush's/Cheney's hotel, would everyone be making the same comments as they are currently in this post. Would you all be saying that their should be a lawsuit, people should loose their jobs, there was a violation of constitutional rights, etc?

Pelosi, or whomever is the speaker of the house, is the third in line for the presidency and if given secret service protection, the secret service regulations or authority are the same regarding her or anyone else they are charged with protecting as they are for the president or vice president from my understanding.

So again, if the guy had entered Bush's hotel with the guns in tow, would everyone be outraged or would they be saying wow, what a moron?
    YES! I'm one of the oddballs in the bunch that is of the opinion that we hold these folks in too high a regard and it's darn fine time we cut those pedestals a bit shorter.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I am not amazed that so many here think that our national leaders should not be protected. T
    I for one absolutely believe that our national leaders need to be protected, to the exact degree that they believe we have a right to protect ourselves

Oh opps in Pelosi's case that would be none. According to Pelosi we do not need guns to defend or protect ourselves and families, so obviously she has no need for an armed guards. Oh before you ask YES the value of my life trumps twenty of hers any day of the week. A thousand Pelosi would not equal the value of my baby girls pinky. My daughter is far more worthy of defense
    Way past time for these elitists to live by the same rules they would impose upon us all
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I have a question. If the article read, man with guns arrested at Bush's/Cheney's hotel, would everyone be making the same comments as they are currently in this post. Would you all be saying that their should be a lawsuit, people should loose their jobs, there was a violation of constitutional rights, etc?
    Yes

Pelosi, or whomever is the speaker of the house, is the third in line for the presidency and if given secret service protection, the secret service regulations or authority are the same regarding her or anyone else they are charged with protecting as they are for the president or vice president from my understanding.

So again, if the guy had entered Bush's hotel with the guns in tow, would everyone be outraged or would they be saying wow, what a moron?
    And I'm the sole breadwinner in my family...why does their safety trump someone carrying unloaded rifles and handguns in a case?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    I for one absolutely believe that our national leaders need to be protected, to the exact degree that they believe we have a right to protect ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    ...why does their safety trump someone carrying unloaded rifles and handguns in a case?

I Think these two quotes say it ALL...

Has anyone heard anything else on this? Why is it not all over the NATIONAL news, not just out there in Colorado?

Seems suspicious AT BEST!!!

V/R,

Mike A!
    Land O Lakes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by mlakrid View Post

I Think these two quotes say it ALL...

Has anyone heard anything else on this? Why is it not all over the NATIONAL news, not just out there in Colorado?

Seems suspicious AT BEST!!!

V/R,

Mike A!
    Land O Lakes, FL
    Heh. One would think the NRA would be all over this one since it actually involved a ...GASP...Hunting Rifle.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I was working in Indianapolis one week. Upon returning back to the hotel at the end of the day, we were stopped by police two blocks away and told we could not drive to our own hotel. Seems the Prime Minister of Israel was giving a speech that night. I had no idea! We walked back to find a tent built in the driveway, and blue pipe and drape making a path through the lobby so at no time could anyone not cleared see who got out of the car. Needless to say we had to show our key to go anywhere. The next day it was all gone. I guess you could say, "You should have known he was there." But really security keeps the lid on all information. I'll bet if you called a hotel in Denver and said, "Is Nancy Pelosi staying there?" You'd get a "No." even if she was.
    I think the guy's timing in picking that hotel was unfortunate and I'll bet the cops knew about the pickup with guns on the same day, and overreacted. I don't see the crime.

VIP Member
    SIGguy229 wrote: "
    ...why does their safety trump someone carrying unloaded rifles and handguns in a case?"

I will guess that you are too young to remember the national traumas of the 1960s when in succession, President Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy, and Dr. King were assassinated. Each event did great damage to the country. Each event distorted the political process, altered future decision making, changed history--and not necessarily for the better.

We can not as a country risk repetition. Losing our political leaders to madness is simply too great a loss for the nation--notwithstanding that we all feel free to call them all names, we would be lost without them all.

That is why their safety trumps a great deal, and must be paramount.

Years ago I was on a flight that was held far from a gate, on the tarmac, and delayed for 2 hours. I didn't like it at all. But it was part of the process of clearing air space around Air Force One, for the safety of President Bush The First, I think. I didn't like the inconvenient delay, but I'm glad the precautions were taken to protect our President.

After 9/11 airspace was cleared totally, and that was partly to give Air Force One complete and safe freedom of movement. Because, at that early point in time, no one knew the extent of the attack upon us or where it would lead.

Whether we like it or not, our politicians are important to all of us.

Choose wisely.

(And don't sweat the little stuff.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Years ago I was on a flight that was held far from a gate, on the tarmac, and delayed for 2 hours. I didn't like it at all. But it was part of the process of clearing air space around Air Force One, for the safety of President Bush The First, I think. I didn't like the inconvenient delay, but I'm glad the precautions were taken to protect our President. ...
    Hopyard While I agree with you in respect to the need for the POTUS and successors to be given the utmost protection (which includes delaying traffic, etc...) up to, but prior to the point of trampling a citizen's liberties. The analogy you provide cheapens your point since I believe the fellow who is the subject of this thread, if guilty of "wrong place/wrong time", would consider your two hour inconvenience, simply that: inconvenient. His rights of liberty and pursuit of happiness were infringed.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    ...why does their safety trump someone carrying unloaded rifles and handguns in a case?"

I will guess that you are too young to remember the national traumas of the 1960s when in succession, President Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy, and Dr. King were assassinated. Each event did great damage to the country. Each event distorted the political process, altered future decision making, changed history--and not necessarily for the better.

We can not as a country risk repetition. Losing our political leaders to madness is simply too great a loss for the nation--notwithstanding that we all feel free to call them all names, we would be lost without them all.

Years ago I was on a flight that was held far from a gate, on the tarmac, and delayed for 2 hours. I didn't like it at all. But it was part of the process of clearing air space around Air Force One, for the safety of President Bush The First, I think. I didn't like the inconvenient delay, but I'm glad the precautions were taken to protect our President.

After 9/11 airspace was cleared totally, and that was partly to give Air Force One complete and safe freedom of movement. Because, at that early point in time, no one knew the extent of the attack upon us or where it would lead.

Choose wisely.

Hopyard and I rarely agree but on this issue we are in complete agreement.

Yes, their safety trumps the average citizen's and as I previously wrote, they deserve exceptional protection. So much so that we as a society have deemed their protection to be a national security issue. Hopyard touched on some reasons. I remember crying in my grandmother's house when President Kennedy was assassinated even though I did not understand the immense importance of the event.

More than that, though, is that our leaders are unable to successfully defend themselves. While we espouse situational awareness, always being in condition yellow, being aware of our surroundings and avoiding potentially unsavory people, our leaders are in condition white as part of their jobs. They interact with random people and intentionally draw groups of people, many of whom have agendas to target them specifically. Our leaders are most certainly not ordinary citizens though they come from the pool of citizens that encompasses all of us.

Lastly, as a nation we cannot afford to have our leaders assassinated. It affects all aspects of our foreign relations and makes us look like a third world banana republic rather than the strongest and freest nation on Earth.

As to the subject of this thread, he may be guilty of a crime; he may be innocent; he may just be so ignorant that he was totally oblivious. The fact is the Secret service did their job, the hotel clerk performed exactly correct and a potential situation was ended before it had a chance to begin.

Following rolyat63's reply....

I follow what you are saying--my point is--why was this guy checking into the hotel arrested?? That is what i object to.

You were inconvenienced--not arrested.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Choose wisely.

Speak for yourself my friend. I won't be lost without a "political leader". I lead my own life. Anyone wants to get in the way, they can poo or get off the pot so to speak. I provide the tools and the means necessary to sustain my life. I trade value and effort for other items or values of trade. Politicos today serve no purpose in protecting me, mine, or freedom for that matter, but rather serve to destroy it. I'll trust 100,000 marines that I don't know personally over any single politician that calls themselves such today.

The only respect any politician gets from me is the simple fact that they were smart enough to hoodwink the other dummies around them.

-The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    SelfDefense:

If he was within his rights (i.e., obeying the law), why SHOULDN'T he sue (and be able to win) for having those rights violated.
    Because there are no damages. This has become the most litigious society ever created. Everyone wants recompense if they feel the slightest bit annoyed or inconvenienced. The fact of the matter is life isn't fair. Maybe this guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He will then be released. That does not mean he should cost the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars in state court costs because he was detained for a short time. He wasn't beaten. He suffered no injuries (except maybe his pride.) He lost no money. He has no claim to any damages.

Whining and complaining to the courts seems a very childish reaction. It reminds me of when children were bullied by the big kid and ran to their parents so they could get 'even.' It is time to grow up and put aside childish ways.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Speak for yourself my friend. I won't be lost without a "political leader". I lead my own life. Anyone wants to get in the way, they can poo or get off the pot so to speak. I provide the tools and the means necessary to sustain my life. I trade value and effort for other items or values of trade. Politicos today serve no purpose in protecting me, mine, or freedom for that matter, but rather serve to destroy it. I'll trust 100,000 marines that I don't know personally over any single politician that calls themselves such today.
    Not to get this too far off topic, but the ONLY reason you can fend for yourself is BECAUSE of the Marines and the politicans who lead them. You think you are self sufficient but the fact is that assumption is completely false.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    SelfDefense:

You are right: it would be much worse if he had suffered appreciable financial loss or physical injury.

But I must disagree with you as to the rest. If there are no (or nominal) actual damages, the fact that the arrest was wrong, not legally justified, must be addressed, i.e., remedied, or it will be repeated - - with impunity.

If there is no price for violating the law, there IS no law. It is particularly troubling when those charged with enforcing (and hence, knowing) the law may ignore it at their leisure. They are the last people in whom we should tolerate a lack of respect for what they are charged with knowing and upholding.

Don't do wrong, don't pay for doing wrong. Do wrong, pay for it.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    But I must disagree with you as to the rest. If there are no (or nominal) actual damages, the fact that the arrest was wrong, not legally justified, must be addressed, i.e., remedied, or it will be repeated - - with impunity.
    People are arrested every day and then found not guilty. Do you think they should sue? It seems you are making the assumption that everyone arrested must necessarily be guilty. Obviously, you don't think that.

There is recourse other than a frivolous lawsuit. The best alternative is to speak with the commander and discuss the actions that you have questions about. Further, publicizing the actions through newspapers and other media will make people aware. It is ultimately the people who control the government and the police.

If there is no price for violating the law, there IS no law. It is particularly troubling when those charged with enforcing (and hence, knowing) the law may ignore it at their leisure. They are the last people in whom we should tolerate a lack of respect for what they are charged with knowing and upholding.
    In this particular case, no one was ignoring the law. They were performing their jobs and did it well. This story is little different than the meth heads nazis that were also arrested except this guy seem more sympathetic to the forum members. Shouldn't the nazis have been able to bring their guns to the convention. It is their right!

Links