Man with guns arrested at Pelosi's Hotel?

This is a discussion on Man with guns arrested at Pelosi's Hotel? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SelfDefense As it turns out he was arrested on carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. He was charged with this, but ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Man with guns arrested at Pelosi's Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    As it turns out he was arrested on carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.
    He was charged with this, but what was actually his legal infraction? Seemingly, Colorado law allows transporting firearms in the manner he used, and it seems his transporting couldn't be construed with carrying. At least, insofar as the reported "facts" I've been able to find.

Anyone??
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

I drove home from work on that route. It was a similar setup as to when Cheney was in town. Also, I am a Tim Bee supporter. Any more questions?
    It was rhetorical. I know you are not bumbling through life unaware. Heck your engaged in this lively discussion.

Exactly what is that supposed to mean?
    Well, IF you could "carry" something that will penetrate the armor of the vehicle the USSS detail would have the demarcation line further back. But honestly, I DON'T think you can.

I call it being oblivious to your surroundings and having very poor judgement.
    Oddly enough you are right. The citizen was oblivious (no laws broken there) and the LEO would be exercising POOR JUDGEMENT. Would I sue? Suing ain't what it's cracked up to be. I see so many talk about all of the money they would demand. Rubbish! Very few plaintiffs actually end up with the kind money that is talked about here. If they prevail the lionshare of the money will be the attorney's fees incurred prosecuting the case. Someone postulated on this thread earlier that this guy at the hotel didn't lose any money. That is just speculation. We actually know very little. Even what was reported is vague and ambiguous.

I guess you see it as an opportunity to SUE!
    I like when you put words in peoples mouths, it cheapens your rhetoric.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Quote Originally Posted by rolyat63 View Post
    another thread about the DNC and DPD. His statement in a sense said there is no requirement to post each and every law such as no open containers, no murder etc... (ok, I made the murder one up but it's the same). And he is dead on. SD your comment makes the suggestion that somehow a citizen can become a badguy due to these musical laws. When the music stops this spot has different laws and the GG has no way of knowing the law has just changed. I realize this is a simplistic view and you could really be technically saying the law is already on the books. You are still saying that based on something the GG has no way of knowing that some imaginary lines exists, sometimes or not, someplace or not.

Unless I go and get arrested in one of your musical law zones and make the case and win, I most likely can't convince you.
    [/B]
    Looks like some knucklehead went and did just that. Went and got himself arrested at an Obama Rally. So, we'll see. The response on that thread is visceral.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links