Obama stole my line. EDITED

This is a discussion on Obama stole my line. EDITED within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; During his speech, he was talking about the 2nd, and said we could agree that 2nd rights are not stepped on because you can't have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama stole my line. EDITED

Obama stole my line. EDITED

During his speech, he was talking about the 2nd, and said we could agree that 2nd rights are not stepped on because you can't have an AK-47 on the street. Not what he said word for word, nor what I wrote word for word, still, close.

But it was odd hearing him say it (and how I felt) and consider how some of you felt when I posted it. IMO, it is a valid point. But not the needed justification for some of the things he has supported in contrast to the 2nd.
    Last edited by JD; August 29th, 2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Removed off toipic political comments

2. Remove Ads

Well that isn't exactly what he said.

It was more like we agree that while respecting the 2nd amendment the hunter can still have his guns in wherever but we can keep the ak 47 out of the hands of the gangbangers in cleveland.

I am sure someone will post the exact phrases not to long from now.

Which we all should agree with that statement, since by default, if they are a gangbanger, and have a criminal record, they shouldn't have any gun including an ak 47 we just need to enforce the law.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Moderator
    Obama is a slick talker, no doubt about that.

He said basically that we should be able to recognize the Second Amendment while keeping criminals from having AK -47's.

Basically, he equated me with a criminal because I happen to own a few AK's.

Like other anti gun politicians, he knows not of what he speaks. It is amazing to me that he worries about a non existent problem.The DOJ and even FBI have published statistics that prove that crimes with AKs are almost non existent.

No wonder there though. He was trying to appeal to those that own guns while demonizing any one that owns whatever he doesn't like.

He is no different than any other politician that will say whatever he thinks it takes to get elected, and if he does, he'll do whatever he can get away with.

I wonder, how many people here, on this forum, bought all that rhetoric?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    He mentioned what the 2nd amend means to a hunter in Ohio (blah blah blah), not what the 2A was for BTW...

then he said something like: you can't tell me we can't support the 2nd Amendment while at the same time keeping AK-47s out of criminals hands

how about actually prosecute and punish appropriately the scumbags that commit the crimes and posses the weapons illegally, do something to make it a deterrent to being a scumbag; not just throw a blanket law at everyone on possessing, carrying, and using their weapons to defend themselves and their families....inside or outside their homes

bottom line is that he doesn't get the logic of what the 2A is for....its not for protecting my right to shoot dove next month
    all you have to do is look at his record in Illinois and what he's said he would propose
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

The AK's The AR15's, The semi autos with a mag capacity over 10 rounds the guns bigger than 22 calibre ,shotguns with collapsible stocks,once you allow the selective banning it's a slippery slope,if they actually enforced the laws on the books,executed death row inmates in a short time period not 10 or 20 years after the fact when there is 0 doubt they are guilty
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member

Not at all, that isn't what was said

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Obama is a slick talker, no doubt about that.

He said basically that we should be able to recognize the Second Amendment while keeping criminals from having AK -47's.

Basically, he equated me with a criminal because I happen to own a few AK's.
    He came nowhere close to suggesting that ownership of an AK defines anyone as a criminal. He said simply, something we all agree on, that criminals should not be in possession of AKs.

He also said that we can support the second, while acknowledging that criminals shouldn't have access to an AK.

Both are reasonable statements and not anti-gun or anti-gun owner.
    Last edited by JD; August 30th, 2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Removed non 2A related political content

B52
    Glad I got my AK and PSL with penty of ammo for both. The AK spout got me really worried!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    He came nowhere close to suggesting that ownership of an AK defines anyone as a criminal. He said simply, something we all agree on, that criminals should not be in possession of AKs.

He also said that we can support the second, while acknowledging that criminals shouldn't have access to an AK.

Both are reasonable statements and not anti-gun or anti-gun owner.

And besides, gun rights are only one of very many important issues.

Look at them all and weigh them, and the policies proposed, against the questions--which candidate will most likely make MY life better.

Actions speak louder than words my friend.

To see what he really means, one only has to look at his stellar record of gun control.

You might expect him to make your life better.

Personally, I dont expect anyone but me to make mine better. I just want to be left alone.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Actions speak louder than words my friend.

To see what he really means, one only has to look at his stellar record of gun control.

You might expect him to make your life better.

Personally, I dont expect anyone but me to make mine better. I just want to be left alone.
    +1000
    Last edited by JD; August 30th, 2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Removed non 2A related political content
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    He mentioned hunters ( his view on the 2nd ammendment ) and we can keep AK47's out of the hands of criminals. In other words "assault weapons ban" , which affects all of US.......

Don't we already have laws that are supposed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? We don't enforce them well and the only reason for raising AKs is to suggest a new AWB which will keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, not criminals.

... as if seeming conciliatory and reasonable while speaking of AK47's implies he'd be honorable in upholding both the letter and spirit of the 2A? Slick, indeed. Don't believe it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

He's still using the 2A in the same breath as hunting, sportsmen and "traditions of gun ownership"

Whatever dude, your version of the constitution would have been thrown in the Potomac back in '76......

And how do you think he plans to try to keep AK's out of the hands of criminals,can you say assault weapons ban,any clip or magazine fed rifle any handgun with a mag cap over 10 rounds ya gotta see how sneaky he is the only change i see is how he changes his wording when he knows if he says what he really means would have gun owners telling him to take a hike down a trail during bear season wearing a brown fur jacket.He thinks it's ok for hunters to have a shotgun and maybe a rifle for hunting but when it comes to self defense that is why we have the police
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

JD
    Administrator
    OK,

Six posts have been deleted and several edited.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...l-threads.html

With that said, any political threads not directly tied to concealed carry or the Second Amendment will be removed from the forum without notification. Any individual posts in an otherwise acceptable thread that tries to turn the topic into a political debate (or statement) will be removed along with any following posts that quote or otherwise reference it. We are very serious about enforcing this rule and no "wiggle room" will be allowed.
    DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum - Forum Rules

#8 We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we do not focus on these subjects in our discussions. We encourage you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.
    Keep it 2A related or it gets canned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links