Defensive Carry banner

Will the 2A rights of NO residents be violated again if another big hurricane hits?

• Yes.

Votes: 75 48.4%
  • No.

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Not Sure.

Votes: 40 25.8%

2nd Amendment Violations in NO Pt. 2?

3K views 47 replies 33 participants last post by  automatic slim 
#1 ·
I'm interested in everyone's predictions here. If New Orleans is hit again by a major hurricane, will the various law enforcement and National Guard entities once again violate the 2nd Amendment rights of the citizens in the aftermath?

Mel

#40 ·
I voted no. I am curious as to what would happen if they tried it again though. You now have several thousand Guard troops on the ground. They have that oath they swore, and they answer to the Governor. Would Gov. Jindall order his troops to arrest the N.O. cops?

#42 ·
I do not think that firearms are allowed on public transportation unless they are "checked" baggage. READ - stored away from passenger access.

#43 ·
Don't have enough info posted here to know what is going on yet.

Not sure of greyhounds policy but if like Amtrak, no guns anywhere... not in checked baggage or anywhere else on train.

Katrina Act should protect those with legally owned firearms traveling via private conveyance... However, evacuation or not, if you are using public or common carrier transportation as part of your evacuation plan, you must abide by that carriers firearm rules! Carrying a gun on an Amtrak train would be a No-Go regardless of the Katrina Act law and firearm confiscation would be warranted! Like it or not, you have to live by the rules and abide the laws.

I'm sure the NRA is watching with microscope!

Anxiously awaiting updates... Keep us posted!

#45 ·
I have to wonder though - how many of the people giving up their guns own them legally and have a CCP to carry them on their persons in the first place?

(Disclaimer: I have no idea what the laws are in La & NO)

If these are simply illegal guns to begin with, or guns being illegally carried, then I have no problem with it.

If you choose to use public transport, public shelters and public assistance, you have to abide by those rules. If not, do it yourself.

#48 ·
In light of the actions or lack of action, taken by members of the so called democratic party, it is clear they cannot in the least bit, be trusted with our freedom.
In New Orleans we have Ray Nagin, who took it upon himself to suspend the bill of rights and begin stealing guns from law abiding citizens attempting to protect themselves during hurricane Katrina, after half Nagins police force deserted.
Since then numerous courts have found Nagin exceeded his authority and ordered him to return the guns. Nagin has refused to comply and has been found in contempt and has even been ordered by subsequent court orders to return the guns and pay the plaintiff's legal costs. Facing possible imprisonment, Nagin returned some, but not all the guns. Those that were returned were in the worst of condition, many ruined beyond repair.
In DC the situation is even worse. In 1977 a democratic administration instituted
clearly unconstitutional laws by mandating that handguns be virtually banned and
long guns be kept unloaded, disassembled and locked up. This past summer the United States Supreme Court declared the law unconstitutional. Again instead of complying, the democrats stalled, enacted "emergency legislation" to try to circumvent the ruling and began dictating which handguns could be owned and which couldn't. None of their actions were in keeping with the Supreme Court's ruling. Congress has now initiated legislation to force DC to abide by a ruling made by the highest court in the nation. Stay tuned.
In San Francisco the democratic mayor and his cohorts instituted a referendum to ban handguns within the city. A move clearly in violation of California's pre emption law which prohibits cities from regulating firearms ownership. The NRA took the city to court. The court of course found the city in violation of California
law.
Clearly the democrats think laws, court rulings and the Bill of Rights don't apply to them. I can hardly wait for an Obama administration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.