2nd Amendment Violations in NO Pt. 2? - Page 2

2nd Amendment Violations in NO Pt. 2?

This is a discussion on 2nd Amendment Violations in NO Pt. 2? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I haven't hit the poll but I may actually say no, because LA passed a law that specifically forbid confiscation of arms. Yes, I know ...

View Poll Results: Will the 2A rights of NO residents be violated again if another big hurricane hits?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

75 48.39%
  • No.

40 25.81%
  • Not Sure.

40 25.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment Violations in NO Pt. 2?

I haven't hit the poll but I may actually say no, because LA passed a law that specifically forbid confiscation of arms. Yes, I know they did it last time but Nagin and Co. didn't get the 2A, now it's spelled out for them and the new Gov(Jindal) would probably take action if NO tried confiscation again.
    Nagin would very much love to take all guns in his city if he could though...........
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    They got away with it the first time so why not do it again?

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    With gun sales going strong I wonder if citizens will be willing to hand them over so fast this time ? I know I wouldn't give them my best self defense
    piece.I'd have a junker on hand to satisfy them.I remember reading so many stories of armed home owners protecting their lives and property because they were armed.They believed they are alive today because of having a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by SGTMOE View Post
    Ok I understand now......But can they do that......I thought only the Federal Goverment could do that.....not the local yocals......
    no one can do it, federal or local...but they did it anyway.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

With the NRA, Bobby Jindal, and millions of American voters watching during an election year, I think even Nagan and his idiot squad will cool it, or at least try to hide their crimes.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The "protections" were there against state tyranny, previously. There are a couple more, now. And yet, the newer protections are as empty as the previous. There are NO REAL TEETH in any laws that deem to guard the safety and security of citizens, when they are found to have been violated by zealots. So long as that's true, the risk is very real. Particularly since many of the same thugs are still in positions where they can execute the same policies. They paid no real price, previously, so there is little to suggest they'd feel much differently the next time. I mean, the top thug WAS voted back in, for cryin' out loud. The sucker therefore has a "mandate" from the people, you know.

I suppose one could say that the huge rate of purchases of AR-15 equipment by citizens in the area speaks volumes as to what those folks, themselves, believe to be the true risk. By itself, this is probably the one thing that is giving any practical pause to the zealots who would seek to disarm the people. But, we'll see.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

hurricane/weapons

i voted no, i hope i'm right
    but i do see a higher precentage
    voting yes.
    seems like prior posts may hit
    that nail right on the head.
    good posts. thanks for sharing.
    forgot some of the stories of katrina.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

here is a refresher for those who forgot: YouTube - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    ... many of the same thugs are still in positions where they can execute the same policies. They paid no real price
    They DID pay a price. They got to keep some of those guns they stol... oh wait, never mind.

Let me think: trust in the integrity of those who have proven themselves to have no integrity, and who suffered no consequences for their actions, or trust in corrupt officials to turn over a new leaf and do the right thing....

Ya know, we just had flooding in 4 counties up here a few weeks ago. I heard not a single report of police helping themselves to the goods at the local Walmart. I drove by many houses that were flooded, and I saw not a single looter, even though the houses were abandoned.

WHERE'S MY FEMA CHECK?????

Yea, Same fool in office.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

How do people like Mayor Ray Nagin and former DC Mayor Marion Barry keep getting reelected? Both have at one time or another supported the suspension of the Second Amendment when convienent.
    Are the citizens voting them in really that ******?

Senior Moderator
    Are the citizens voting them in really that ******?
    Since they are still there, the obvious answer would be yes.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Yea, Same fool in office.
    Let's make that plural...'FOOLS'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Legally, no they can not. However, when the local PD is standing with you, you are allowed to do it whether it is legal or not. Since Nagin is still in office and he is very much opposed to armed citizens I believe that all he needs is an excuse and he will do it again. Since, as I understand it, he has already requested an evacuation of the N.O. citizens and imposed a mandatory curfew on all who remain I am sure that he will use the excuse of all those left being looters. In his mind that is all he will need to justify it.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I found an interesting news article (just before having to head for work, of course) (and now cannot find the curst thing).

Anyhow, there's a run going on the sporting goods stores, and people are keeping in mind that some of the police were looting during Katrina, as well as seizing (stealing) firearms.

Makes me go "hmmm".

It only takes one or two stupid cops to give honest cops trouble all across the nation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links