Republicans v. democrats. Plain as black and white.

This is a discussion on Republicans v. democrats. Plain as black and white. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Both the DNC and RNC have issued their platform with expected results. Dems:We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans v. democrats. Plain as black and white.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

Both the DNC and RNC have issued their platform with expected results.

Dems:We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation, but we know what works in Chicago might not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact commonsense laws and improvements- like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system and reinstating the assault weapons ban.

Reps:We condemn frivolous lawsuits against the firearms industry which are transparent attempts to deprive citizens of their rights. We oppose federal licencing of lawabiding gun owners and national gun registration as violations of the second amendment. We recognize that gun control only affects and penalizes law abiding citizens and such proposals are ineffective at reducing violent crime.

Anyone voting democrat?
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

This is the only part of the Rep section that I have a problem with.

and we support the option of firearms training
    in federal programs serving senior citizens and
    women.

Do we really need federal dollars to train old folks and women. If so, why just them? Sounds like more gov spending to me. I was hoping McCain would put a stop to some of it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Providing free fiearms training to the elderly and women would probably give us the biggest bang for our crime fighting buck.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

BAC
    No, providing it to a select group of people is effectively another form of welfare. The federal government does not have the authority to take from all and give to few. That firearms training needs to be available to everyone, not just a few, however well-intended it might otherwise be. A woman doing her damnest to protect her family in the Bronx deserves training as much as an elderly person, no?

I'm not voting for the Democratic Party nominee, no. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm voting for the other, either. My choices, and those of everyone I know, are not as influenced by what the parties say will be done as much as what the parties have done (much of it having little to do with our right to keep and bear arms).

-B

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Providing free fiearms training to the elderly and women would probably give us the biggest bang for our crime fighting buck.
    I don't totally disagree with this, but it would also depend on where the person lives. If they were from IL, WI, NYC or even MA, where you either can't carry a concealed weapon or can't keep a loaded gun in your home ready for self defense, it really ain't going to do any good. You would also have to convince the people to purchase a gun and then use it if necessary. And if it is such a good idea for old folks and women, why not include the men and children along with the others.

We already know that many of the CCW permit holders don't carry daily.

Then again, who is going to provide the training. What hoops would have you to go through to become an authorized gov. trainer of these women and old folks.

I watched a quite a bit of the platform building process for the Rep. it really was comical at times some of the things people wanted to put in, and some of the arguements made for certain things. It turns out some pretty feel good items in the platform that should be left without gov. involvement.

But it does beat the heck out of the Dem platform on the 2A issue as pointed out by the OP.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    ...Dems:We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation, but we know what works in Chicago might not work in Cheyenne...
    +1

...We can work together to enact commonsense laws and improvements...
    +1

...like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background check system and reinstating the assault weapons ban.

Reps:We condemn frivolous lawsuits against the firearms industry which are transparent attempts to deprive citizens of their rights...
    +1

...We oppose federal licencing of lawabiding gun owners and national gun registration as violations of the second amendment...

...We recognize that gun control only affects and penalizes law abiding citizens...

...and such proposals are ineffective at reducing violent crime...
    +0

Anyone voting democrat?...
    Not me.

No matter how much you love your guns, you need to take EVERYTHING into consideration when you vote.

My main concern is my money. Luckily my economic beliefs are supported by the same party that supports the 2nd.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

When around 90% of democrats seem to be anti gun why would anyone with half a brain vote for them? No democrats for me!
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Senior Moderator
    When around 90% of democrats seem to be anti gun why would anyone with half a brain vote for them? No democrats for me!
    I dont think that 90 % of democrats are anti-gun. I do think that the ones we hear from are anti-gun, therefore the perception of them all being anti-gun.

To listen to some of the dems speak, with their though processes on life styles and life in general, they NEED to carry guns. Its a fact that many of those that speak the loudest about guns, actually carry them.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Not buying the opening statement, "Dems believe in the right to own firearms." Their track record says otherwise, tired of being played as a fool! Wish both sides would speak truth, we can plainly see who they are, just stop the lies!!

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    A Democrat president appointing 2 or 3 members of the Supreme Court will show everyone why they should have voted Republican, but by then they will have stopped you from carrying and probably outlawed most of your weapons and the rest will have to be registered and locked away where you can't get to them.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

No doubt about it, the Democrat party is anti-gun to its core. The Republicans have not done a whole lot for gun owners either. McCain teamed up with Lieberman to propose the putrid McCain-Lieberman "gun show loophole" bill.

Gun Show Bill Secrets Found

Stay away from my guns...PERIOD! (Either party...)

This thread isn't going to be open very long.

Sarah would probably have a better gun collection than me...

Stay armed...vote early, vote often...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I'll jump in on this one with the risk of having it wiped because of going too far !
    I have supported the party the has voted to support firearm rights since I've been a young guy,along with the rights of the unborn.Money will be earn no matter
    who's in power; it does matter who's in power and how many days you will work for "the Uncle." I have done this since the great communicator was President.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    This is the only part of the Rep section that I have a problem with.

and we support the option of firearms training
    in federal programs serving senior citizens and
    women.

Do we really need federal dollars to train old folks and women. If so, why just them? Sounds like more gov spending to me. I was hoping McCain would put a stop to some of it.
    Isn't that what the USMC reserves is for?? Maybe the seniors are too old for the other federal furearms training programs aka USMC.

Where I came from the "gun show loophole bill" meant you couldn't leave the gun show until you bought at least one gun!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links