Has the current Pres. election cycle increased the # CC permit requests?

This is a discussion on Has the current Pres. election cycle increased the # CC permit requests? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has the current Presidential election cycle increased the number of CCW / CCL permit requests due to concerns 2A regulations may increase? I don't have ...

View Poll Results: Has the current Pres. election cycle increased the # CC permit requests?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 72.84%
  • No

10 12.35%
  • Maybe

11 13.58%
  • N/A

1 1.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has the current Pres. election cycle increased the # CC permit requests?

Has the current Presidential election cycle increased the number of CCW / CCL permit requests due to concerns 2A regulations may increase?

I don't have any facts, just a gut opinion that in MI, several gun owners are getting CCW out of this concern. Not saying it is the only reason on their mind, just a good time to get grandfathered.

Highly doubt it.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Uncertainly always increases demand.

Senior Moderator
    Thanis, you sure do post alot of polls.

This has been an ongoing discussion all year long. As an Instructor myself, I have heard it stated many times that the uncertainty of the future was causing many people to get off of their tails and do what they have been meaning to do for quite some time.

From my standpoint, business has never been better. Our classes have been full and we have them more often. We used to have 1 every 3 or 4 months,because of the demand.

This year, we have been running 1 a month and they have been full. We generally average around 50, did one class that had 80 in it and these were classes offered to anyone in the public that wanted one.

That doesn't even count the private lessons which I give at churches, places of business, private homes,etc.

It's not just permits either.

The thought of Obama...just like the Clintons, have been very good for the gun industry.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I dont know about the rest of the country, but here in Texas they have had to add extra employees to process the 50+% increase in CCW applications.

All because of Hillary and Obama
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I voted yes. I have found no facts to substantiate my belief, but with the way things currently are, I really can't see how this election cycle wouldn't have the effect of increasing CCW applications across the nation. The news media and the ugly/bad stories day after day do their fair share of getting folks motivated to seek self preservation as well but I feel the risk of a possible Obamanation puts this issue over the top and into record proportions. Another slight possibility is our own work, and getting the word out to folks over a period of time, that this is available and the national recognition that the DC vs. Heller case brought to our nation's highest court.

Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    Highly doubt it.
    Texas has had so many more CHL applications this year that, even with the addition of extra help, it is taking them 3 or 4 months longer to process the application that the allowed 60 days. Two years ago it took me only 42 days.

Let's answer the question by asking a question - How many on this group are buying assault rifles, semi-autos, magazines, and perhaps more ammunitions because of the upcoming election? I suspect that the number is substantial. If so, why would the same motivation not inspire increased CHL applications.

Senior Moderator
    Sometime around March, the CHL Instructors all got registered letters from the State Police that told us to tell students to expect the full 120 day admin period allowed by law due to the increase of applications.

Thats about as official as you can get.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Thanis, you sure do post alot of polls.
    What I like about polls is I have to keep it short, and I avoid talking it up to much. It also tends to keep the thread on topic.

You also get to know some of the people who vote against the crowd and you learn why. Like one time someone from England posted.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    ...How many on this group are buying assault rifles, semi-autos, magazines, and perhaps more ammunitions because of the upcoming election?...
    I think some of you have a greater firearm budget then I do, but as stupid as it may sound, I am soon to purchase a few high capacity .22 LR mags for a 10/22 because of this concern. Saves time (if they work well) when plinking. I don't even own a 10/22 yet.

I would say maybe...probably...but no stats yet. I know a 1/2 dozen individuals who have commented about "Better get that permit while I still can...before the election"...

No sure way to tell as of this date.

Stay armed...while you still can...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If there was a National ban on CCW, I doubt anybody is getting granfathered in. It would just one day be a felony. The problem is that many states would refuse to enforce the ban and the feds would threaten to withhold highway funds just like the 55 MPH speed limits in the early '80s. There is that Federal safety law that no firearm can be within 100 yards of a school and almost every state has said they don't enforce it.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    If there was a National ban on CCW, I doubt anybody is getting granfathered in. It would just one day be a felony
    That's what I think, too, and I doubt many people are going to be putting their name on a "suspected gun owner list" of their own free will.

If someone bought a gun through a dealer, he might sell it because he though that sort of gun was going to become illegal, or it didn't work right, or he needed the money, etc. Someone with a permit is more likely to want to keep at least one hand gun.

Hmmm, then again, so is someone with a current hunting license. Maybe a good idea to hang onto a marginal shooter as "the only gun I have left"?

I'll wager the private gun market has been really hot, people buying from others and not mentioning papers.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    If there was a National ban on CCW, I doubt anybody is getting granfathered in. It would just one day be a felony. The problem is that many states would refuse to enforce the ban and the feds would threaten to withhold highway funds just like the 55 MPH speed limits in the early '80s. There is that Federal safety law that no firearm can be within 100 yards of a school and almost every state has said they don't enforce it.
    I understand the Feds tried that tactic several years ago (circa Clinton era) with unfunded mandates. I heard Colorado's Governor at the time told the Feds to stick it and withheld tax revenue. The feds blinked first.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I voted yes, but have no basis on it other than the strange spike in TX CHL applications this year.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I don't fear a national CC ban. That would require a constitutional amendment to ban or alter the 2nd. Anti-gun does not have the votes. In addition, even some who are anti-gun would not go this far.

I do think they might have the votes to create a national min. adding regulation to states that issue a CCW, CCL, etc. In that situation, I think being grandfathered would matter (until your permit runs out).

I think assault weapon ban will return. The anti-gun would have the votes and no veto to stop.

I strongly believe something will happen regarding the gun shop "loophole" as it is called. I don't agree with the logic, but frankly, does not matter what side gets in, I think something will happen on this issue.

I'm not sure on ammo. Some sort of ID stamped cases has been talked about by the Dems. I think it is liberal 20+ year sci-fi (something anti-gun places in a movie or an author places in a book).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links