Defensive Carry banner

Video: Obama dancing around the gun ban/gun rights issue

2K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  falcon1 
#1 ·
#4 ·
He stated that in addition to background checks to prevent gun sales to criminals and mentally disabled, there should be "a system to trace guns used in a crime back to the gun dealer where it was sold in order to shut down supplies of illegal guns." I infer from that statement he wants to close down any dealer that sold a gun that was subsequently used to commit a crime. Using that logic, does he propose to close down any car dealer that sold a car that was used during the commission of a crime? How about a hardware store that sold a knife that was used to kill someone?

Even further, if I sell one of my guns to someone else that loses it, and it is subsequently used in a crime, should I be held responsible for the crime? :confused:

#6 ·
I got that too,he said rifle when it comes to hunting,skirted the handgun and right to bear arms in defense of yourself or others,and if voted into office there is no doubt would sign another AWB ban but include anything with a detachable magazine

#10 ·
Don't trust anything Obama says on the 2nd Amendment. He supported the D.C. gun ban before the S. Ct. struck it down, supported the Chicago gun ban and proposed a law that would prohibit guns stores within, I think, 5 miles of any school. That law would make it pretty difficult to sell guns in any metropolitan area.

#11 ·
this man is convincing people that the 2A is about hunting.
It in a warped way is , but its about hunting polititions . The 2nd is our stopgap that we may never need to revolt . For myself I am armed , and i just bought 10 carefully selected weapons in the last 90 days . Folks who read forums know about 2 or 3 of them . Two of them were run thro a dealer , the rest were private face to face . Make FTF sales illegal and guess what , i wont sell a single arm that the .gov does not have a record to me on ( well as far as you can prove ) . And besides just what is the .gov going to do with my and others stocks that " are not a firearm " . I have a " break " , i have a lathe , i have a " cheater mill " and i have " kits " . I have quit " trading " guns , and went to buying guns as of now . I simply wont dispose of any and if i do its a gun that i " bought " running a check . I fear for the next election and untill then i buy face to face . I can buy a car that way why should i not a gun .

#15 ·
If you look at his website, it does not mention the 2d Amendment at all....just "sportsmen" and "hunting"....

Plus, he "doesn't have the votes"....a great follow-up would be, "if you had the votes, would you take our guns?"

#28 ·
The "I don't have the votes" comment was the most revealing. That was when he said what he really wants to do, you could hear it in his voice. As for the rest... actions speak louder than words. He has voted against our rights again and again. Leopards don't change their spots.
His "I don't have the votes" comments sound a very great deal like Senator Feinstein's from several years back, don't they?

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it.--Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on CBS 60 Minutes

#16 ·
The "I don't have the votes" comment was the most revealing. That was when he said what he really wants to do, you could hear it in his voice. As for the rest... actions speak louder than words. He has voted against our rights again and again. Leopards don't change their spots.

#17 ·
Yep, didn't say the word handgun once did he. Talking out of both sides of the issue isn't he. Nothing but deception.

#19 ·
Talking out of both sides of the issue isn't he. Nothing but deception.
So what's new?
He's been talking the other side of every issue, policy, opinion he has in the last 2-3 months as he's shifted to take a moderate position (for the general election) as compared to his far left liberal views he has lived for the last 15 years.
Can't trust him. :wave:

:wave:

#18 ·
:bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2::bs2:

That pretty much sums it all up!

#21 ·
Why is everyone up in arms about this? (pun intended) The President is not an elected dictator, and really has very little power when it comes to legislation. He can propose and he can veto, whoop-ti-do. I think we did well on the last run on congress. It came out majority Dems but most of those Dems had good NRA ratings. That's why he doesn't have the votes.

Let's just make sure that on this congressional round we do some more of the same. Forget the parties, vote for the guy or gal that represents you the most, red or blue or green.

#25 ·
with the messiuh in the white house, the anti gunners will be more emboldened KNOWING that they can possibly get legislation passed. Face it, we'll have a rubber stamp Pelosi/Reid congress if we get the anointed one.

#22 ·
It's especially important to support pro-2A Democrats. You don't want either party to be dominated by their fringe elements. John Tester and Jim Webb come to mind. There should be a buffer of 2A supporters, regardless of which party is in power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.