Video: Obama dancing around the gun ban/gun rights issue

This is a discussion on Video: Obama dancing around the gun ban/gun rights issue within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; YouTube - Barack Obama Wants to Take Away Your Guns - Susquehanna, Pt2 very revealing. His majesty is put into a corner regarding "rumors" that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video: Obama dancing around the gun ban/gun rights issue

YouTube - Barack Obama Wants to Take Away Your Guns - Susquehanna, Pt2

very revealing. His majesty is put into a corner regarding "rumors" that he will take guns away...

this man is convincing people that the 2A is about hunting.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    YouTube - Barack Obama Wants to Take Away Your Guns - Susquehanna, Pt2

very revealing. His majesty is put into a corner regarding "rumors" that he will take guns away...

HUNTING? Doesn't that include people..........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

he never says "KEEP and bear arms", just bear. Maybe in Obama's utopia, guns can be rented from the govt.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

He stated that in addition to background checks to prevent gun sales to criminals and mentally disabled, there should be "a system to trace guns used in a crime back to the gun dealer where it was sold in order to shut down supplies of illegal guns." I infer from that statement he wants to close down any dealer that sold a gun that was subsequently used to commit a crime. Using that logic, does he propose to close down any car dealer that sold a car that was used during the commission of a crime? How about a hardware store that sold a knife that was used to kill someone?

Even further, if I sell one of my guns to someone else that loses it, and it is subsequently used in a crime, should I be held responsible for the crime?
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok Obama, no that you came out in support of us, I guess I can vote for you now....NOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    He stated that in addition to background checks to prevent gun sales to criminals and mentally disabled, there should be "a system to trace guns used in a crime back to the gun dealer where it was sold in order to shut down supplies of illegal guns." I infer from that statement he wants to close down any dealer that sold a gun that was subsequently used to commit a crime. Using that logic, does he propose to close down any car dealer that sold a car that was used during the commission of a crime? How about a hardware store that sold a knife that was used to kill someone?

Even further, if I sell one of my guns to someone else that loses it, and it is subsequently used in a crime, should I be held responsible for the crime?
    I got that too,he said rifle when it comes to hunting,skirted the handgun and right to bear arms in defense of yourself or others,and if voted into office there is no doubt would sign another AWB ban but include anything with a detachable magazine
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Load up now brothers and sisters, its gonna be a bumpy ride!

This man simply scares me.
    Last edited by pgrass101; September 8th, 2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Keeping 2nd Admendment related
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Senior Moderator
    I think we will see gun registration
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I think we will see gun registration
    i agree...and we all know what that leads too...coughcoughUKcoughcough
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Don't trust anything Obama says on the 2nd Amendment. He supported the D.C. gun ban before the S. Ct. struck it down, supported the Chicago gun ban and proposed a law that would prohibit guns stores within, I think, 5 miles of any school. That law would make it pretty difficult to sell guns in any metropolitan area.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    It in a warped way is , but its about hunting polititions . The 2nd is our stopgap that we may never need to revolt . For myself I am armed , and i just bought 10 carefully selected weapons in the last 90 days . Folks who read forums know about 2 or 3 of them . Two of them were run thro a dealer , the rest were private face to face . Make FTF sales illegal and guess what , i wont sell a single arm that the .gov does not have a record to me on ( well as far as you can prove ) . And besides just what is the .gov going to do with my and others stocks that " are not a firearm " . I have a " break " , i have a lathe , i have a " cheater mill " and i have " kits " . I have quit " trading " guns , and went to buying guns as of now . I simply wont dispose of any and if i do its a gun that i " bought " running a check . I fear for the next election and untill then i buy face to face . I can buy a car that way why should i not a gun .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I infer from that statement he wants to close down any dealer that sold a gun that was subsequently used to commit a crime. Using that logic, does he propose to close down any car dealer that sold a car that was used during the commission of a crime? How about a hardware store that sold a knife that was used to kill someone?
    we better close down the McDonald's then that sold the big mac that gave my dad a heart attach.

I hear in CA they want to add a part to guns there that will stamp the serial number of the gun used to fire a round on that rounds casing( that way when LE find brass at a crime scene they know who to arrest) . I think this will lead to more gun thefts. This is not the answer

Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    we better close down the McDonald's then that sold the big mac that gave my dad a heart attach.

I hear in CA they want to add a part to guns there that will stamp the serial number of the gun used to fire a round on that rounds casing( that way when LE find brass at a crime scene they know who to arrest) . I think this will lead to more gun thefts. This is not the answer
    CA made laws on technology that does not even exist yet. Besides, anyone who wants to commit a crime can easily evade this crap. it's called a revolver
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Well I tried to post a reasonable rebuttle in the comments. However since it is youtube I probably just wasted my time.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

If you look at his website, it does not mention the 2d Amendment at all....just "sportsmen" and "hunting"....

Plus, he "doesn't have the votes"....a great follow-up would be, "if you had the votes, would you take our guns?"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links