What a difference a brain makes

This is a discussion on What a difference a brain makes within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here are two reponses that I got in repsonse to letters sent to my Local politicians. Wow talk about thinking with emotion and thinking with ...

Thread: What a difference a brain makes

Here are two reponses that I got in repsonse to letters sent to my Local politicians. Wow talk about thinking with emotion and thinking with your brain!

"Dear Mr. X:
    Thank you for contacting me regarding voting for a Speaker of the House who supports the Second Amendment.
    You will be pleased to know that I voted against Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. My vote is based on many stances that Speaker Pelosi has taken, one of them being that the Speaker is not a supporter of the Second Amendment.
    Throughout my tenure in the U.S. House of Representatives, I have always been a strong advocate for your Second Amendment rights. I have co-sponsored and voted for numerous bills to protect all law-abiding Americans right to own a gun.
    Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to hearing from you on other matters of interest or concern.
    Sincerely,
    Buck McKeon
    Member of Congress"
    Here's the 2nd response:

"Dear Mr. X:
    Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the Supreme Court's ruling overturning the District of Columbia handgun ban. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.
    As you know, on June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court ruled in the District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to possess a firearm, and use it for certain purposes. The decision overturns the District's 32-year-old ban on handguns and reverses decades of Supreme Court precedent.
    I think this is a monumental decision and I am profoundly disappointed in the Court. I fear people in communities across the country will be less safe and that there will be a flurry of litigation to weaken or overturn existing, common-sense gun laws.
    As a former Mayor of San Francisco, I speak as someone who has direct experience with the consequences of gun violence. I have been present at homicide crime scenes. I have lost a youngster that I mentored who killed himself by playing Russian roulette with a weapon he found. I also speak as someone who authored successful legislation in the U.S. Senate to ban assault weapons. I believe this legislation was working before it was allowed to expire in September 2004. It is my firm belief that the Heller decision opens the nation to increased gun violence.
    While this may be an issue on which we disagree, please know that it is helpful to hear the views of Californians. I will keep your thoughts in mind as the gun control debate continues.
    Again, thank you for letter. I hope you will keep in touch on matters of importance to you. Best regards.
    Sincerely yours,
    Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator"
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

Thanks for posting those.

I find it interesting that the comments made by Congressman McKeon are so concise and Feinstein's comments are so verbose.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"SA is a cognitive state or process associated with the assessment of multiple environmental cues in a dynamic situation" ~ Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by Army22rpr View Post
    Here are two reponses that I got in repsonse to letters sent to my Local politicians. Wow talk about thinking with emotion and thinking with your brain!

Here's the 2nd response:

"Dear Mr. X:
    Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the Supreme Court's ruling overturning the District of Columbia handgun ban. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.
    As you know, on June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court ruled in the District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to possess a firearm, and use it for certain purposes. The decision overturns the District's 32-year-old ban on handguns and reverses decades of Supreme Court precedent.
    I think this is a monumental decision and I am profoundly disappointed in the Court. I fear people in communities across the country will be less safe and that there will be a flurry of litigation to weaken or overturn existing, common-sense gun laws.
    As a former Mayor of San Francisco, I speak as someone who has direct experience with the consequences of gun violence. I have been present at homicide crime scenes. I have lost a youngster that I mentored who killed himself by playing Russian roulette with a weapon he found. I also speak as someone who authored successful legislation in the U.S. Senate to ban assault weapons. I believe this legislation was working before it was allowed to expire in September 2004. It is my firm belief that the Heller decision opens the nation to increased gun violence.
    While this may be an issue on which we disagree, please know that it is helpful to hear the views of Californians. I will keep your thoughts in mind as the gun control debate continues.
    Again, thank you for letter. I hope you will keep in touch on matters of importance to you. Best regards.
    Sincerely yours,
    Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator"
    Okay, everybody singalong...

"...if I only had a brain..."
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Great post. Thanks. I will write Feinstein asap, this is nuts

Feinstein has always been closed minded, but that's my own opinion.

VIP Member
    Did you expect anything else out of Feinstein? She probably came out of the womb spouting anti gun crap!
    Of course lets not forget what a hypocrite she is. All the anti crap only applys to the common citizen. Last time I looked she still has her CWP!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    GET RID OF CARS!!!!! I have seen first hand what they can do....why, they are a WEOPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!! I hope I've made my point...Pelosi is and idjut....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

As with most anti's, she never speaks of the criminals, just the lawful gun owners...we need more laws to protect us all...except for Einstien, er, Feinstein, of course...her 'armed' bodyguards have her covered.

Stay armed...it's a basic right...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by G96X0 View Post
    Feinstein has always been closed minded, but that's my own opinion.
    I share your opinion of her as well.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

"Common Sense Gun Law's" Talk about a oxymoron
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

It is really embarrassing that she is our senator. Of course, she is from San Francisco, and there is something in the water there that destroys all common sense-you become a liberal!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    "Common Sense Gun Law's" Talk about a oxymoron
    Sorry I can't sing the same toon as the fellow gun owners on this thread. I will not allow the anti-gun ownership of the words "reasonable restrictions" or "common sense gun laws."

But I wanted to respond to the reply below:

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    ...Of course lets not forget what a hypocrite she is. All the anti crap only applys to the common citizen. Last time I looked she still has her CWP!
    I've read this about her on the internet. Typical.

...reverses decades of Supreme Court precedent..Dianne Feinstein...
    What? Maybe she is refering to some other state court or district. What Supreme Court precedent?

... I think this is a monumental decision and I am profoundly disappointed in the Court... I will keep your thoughts in mind as the gun control debate continues.......Dianne Feinstein...
    Polite wording for, I don't care about facts or the law, I'm going with my feelings.

Sponsored Links