Defensive Carry banner

Sarah Palin Interview with Charles Gibson on guns

3K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  HotGuns 
#1 ·
Sarah Palin interview on guns. It is on part 3 with 7:30 remaining.

ABC News

I am impressed with her ability to ANSWER the questions, coherently, does not back down and is not afraid to speak her mind. Dang. Wish she were running for president.

#2 ·
She's running for 2012.

#3 ·
Good interview. She doesnt appear to rattle very easily. She is not the proffesional politiician that wont answer a question.

I do take issue though. That yahoo that interveiwed her said 70 percent of Americans supported an assault weapons ban. That was a lie.

The numbers were'nt there to renew it, thus it was allowed to sunset.
That is a fact.

#10 ·
That yahoo that interveiwed her said 70 percent of Americans supported an assault weapons ban. That was a lie.

Hehe...I screamed the same sentiment at my television last night as I watched the interview. I was hoping she would call him on his bluff...ask what poll he was referring to and ask exactly what he considered an "assault weapon" to be. Then she could have lowered her glasses and returned the condecending stare..."Go ahead, Charlie...shuffle through your papers...I'll wait.."

:danceban:

#5 ·
What I like about her, she in my view just answers the question. Doesn't dance around and hedge to appease both sides of issue. She is who she is, a genuine 2A supporter. I'm amazed that being honest and real is a concept that politicians and Media can't their pea brains around. Duh, it's what we have been waiting for.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
What I like about her, she in my view just answers the question....
+1

She did great regarding 2A issues. She spoke well and did gun-owners right.

...BTW, there is news today that ABC heavily edited the Palin-Gibson interview to take her out of context and make her look less knowledgable. What a shocker....
Tired of the media doing that. Journalism has lost its honesty and non-bias (and not just the liberals). I miss investigational and fact based news. Everything is just edit and opinion.

...that interveiwed her said 70 percent of Americans supported an assault weapons ban. That was a lie. The numbers were'nt there to renew it, thus it was allowed to sunset.
That is a fact.
Gun control: Election Center 2008 - CNN.com

The anti-gun learned a lesson. Not only do they have the numbers to renew, I believe they have the numbers to make a lot of it permanent. They are just not making it an issue until after the elections.

Every poll or survey I have ever seen in the last 20 years has shown that the average citizen is pro-regulation. Why I believe the only reason gun owners rights are protected at the current level is because the 2nd is a constitutional right not a privlage dictated by the majority.

I don't agree with the assault weapon ban, but have a good indication that view is in the minority.

#6 ·
I like her for the simple fact that you don't get a bunch of ummms, ahhhs, and errrrs like the Big O does when he is off script.

#9 ·
ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview

A transcript of the unedited interview of Sarah Palin by Charles Gibson clearly shows that ABC News edited out crucial portions of the interview that showed Palin as knowledgeable or presented her answers out of context. This unedited transcript of the first of the Gibson interviews with Palin is available on radio host Mark Levin's website. The sections edited out by ABC News are in bold. The first edit shows Palin responding about meeting with foreign leaders but this was actually in response to a question Gibson asked several questions earlier:

Source link is ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview | NewsBusters.org

Now i have not delved into the transcript to see if they edited any of the 2nd
Amendment stuff , but the editing shown here does not look like merely editing for " time " Rather it looks to me like editing with an agenda that is hostile to Palin . I just thought that it was worth linking to given the interview is being discussed .

#13 ·
I'm here in Pennsylvania, a bit bitter, clinging to my guns and religion:rolleyes: I'm really looking forward to meeting McCain and Palin possibly when they come back, and they will come back to be sure.

BTW, there is news today that ABC heavily edited the Palin-Gibson interview to take her out of context and make her look less knowledgable. What a shocker.

The Mark Levin Show Gibson Interview

#18 ·
She did a good job of answering the gun question, since it was relatively simple. On most other actual issue questions, she was very uncomfortable and reverted to formulaic blather which didn't really answer the questions, and was often disingenuous. Gibson didn't softball her quite as much as I expected, but was not particularly tough either.

She was especially disconcerted on foreign policy issues, which isn't surprising, since she has no foreign policy experience. Bush Doctrine? What's that? Watching the interview gives a much different impression than reading the transcript, since the manner in which she responds is apparent.

Hurrah for her 2A stance, but other than that, she's a true lightweight. Unfortunate, but not unexpected.

#19 ·
Hurrah for her 2A stance, but other than that, she's a true lightweight. Unfortunate, but not unexpected.
What did you expect?
She said that she was not an insider that she was several thousand miles away from DC.
Foreign Policy is irrelevant. Foreign Policy will be whatever they make it to be.

I'm betting that her learning curve will be short.

Of course, if you don't think so, there is always Obama and Biden.:aaa:

The anti-gun learned a lesson. Not only do they have the numbers to renew, I believe they have the numbers to make a lot of it permanent. They are just not making it an issue until after
Wrong again Thanis.

The poorly worded poll shows no where near 70 percent.
Most people know that a poll can be lead in whichever direction they want it to go,thus the wording on it.

CNN wont ask a simple question because they want to skew the facts. If the Assault Weapons ban was as popular as they wanted it to be it would have never went away.

Same crap, different day. I remember when they said an "overwhelming majority of Americans dont approve of concealed handgun laws." Forty Three states later proved yet another lie.

I don't agree with the assault weapon ban, but have a good indication that view is in the minority.
Then how did Congress let it sunset ? Why did they not vote to continue it?
Answer: there was no popular support for it and even those that voted for it the first time realized that it was totatlly useless and did no good whatsoever.
It was nothing more than smoke and mirrors and the more Obama brings it up, the more people he alienates.

Educate yourself and start thinking like a gun owner and quit thinking like the opposition will you?

#20 ·
How Dare she :) A simple answer to a Gun Rights question from a politician. Is that even legal, are there lightning bolts on the way, where are the hmmmmm's and ahhh's and but's we have come to expect from our politicians when asked about guns. I'm soooo kinfused.

Seriously I can live with McCain, but I am voting for Palin :)

#22 ·
I have a unique perspective on Palin as a 3rd generation Alaskan (now residing in South Carolina). I think she is a perfect candidate for the position. She may not have "foreign policy" under her belt, but she has executive experience that Obama could only dream of. Some belittle her experience as mayor, but as a person from a small community in Alaska, the mayor position is one not dictated by polls or focus groups, but she sees her constitutes face-first. When the townspeople are gossiping about town politics in the coffee shop, more than likely, the mayor is sitting a table away, taking it all in. It is a position about helping the people, not writing legislation to rule over the people.

Alaska offers politicians a uniqueness that politicians of the lower 48 do not have to face. In some areas of Alaska, the highest level of medical care are EMT's. The natural resources of our great State rival that of 1/2 the entire US, and as Gov. her oversight includes an area TWICE the size of Texas.

To keep this on tract as far is 2nd Amendment issues, she will be a FIRST rate advocate for the right that we so strongly cling to. She will be in the corner of the gun owners, and will not be taking measures to remove the laws that grant us the ability to conceal and carry in our states...which Obama has so graciously stated: “I am not in favor of concealed weapons,” Obama told the Pittsburgh Tribune. “I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

As a side note, my hometown is Skagway, Alaska, which if you have read anything about Palin's biography, is where her parents first moved to Alaska. Her father, Chuck Heath, was my mother's 7th grade teacher. He also taught my father-in-law in school.

If anyone is interested, she returned to her first home of Skagway, Alaska in 2007 as Governor. Here is a link to the "small town" newspaper article that covers her visit, with pictures. Governor Palin Visits Skagway 5-11-07

#27 ·
I liked her answer..... "do you really think laws will stop those who are using guns illegaly anyway".

Right on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.