Defensive Carry banner

Everything There Is to Know About Gun Control in 99 Words!

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  enewman 
#1 ·
Gun-control laws do not control crime because crimes are not committed by guns; they are committed by criminals. Criminals will always have guns because they do not obey laws, including anti-gun laws. Those without guns are easy prey for criminals with guns. Gun control encourages crime.

The right to bear arms was included in the Bill of Rights, not to deter crime, but to deter oppressive government. Just governments honor and protect the right to bear arms. Oppressive governments fear and prohibit the right to bear arms.

Guns are dangerous. The only thing more dangerous is not having them.​

G. Edward Griffin​

#5 ·

The right to bear arms was included in the Bill of Rights, not to deter crime, but to deter oppressive government. Just governments honor and protect the right to bear arms. Oppressive governments fear and prohibit the right to bear arms.

This is what I have allways understood the founding fathers were worried about when the 2nd admendment was writen.
Just reading the writings from that time makes this clear.

However, when you mention this to many folks they get a horrified look on their face and say your one of them anti-government zealots.
They look at you like your some sort of terrorist.

When did not trusting your government become anti-american?
I have yet to meet anyone that took an oath to protect their government. Atleast not any americans that I know of.

Michael

#6 ·
+1 on the sentiment, but a question on the word count. You have "gun-control" hyphenated, which is really not correct, they should stand as two separate words. In which case, it's 100 words, not 99!

Sorry, I have too much time on my hands today.

#7 ·
Hey, Jon in New York. This is Jim in Florida (formerly of New York)
You must be a Virgo like myself! HA! (It's not easy being green . . . )
Anyway, not my word count. I copied it from Freedom Force International

#15 ·
I really didn't count them... I just put them into a word processing program and did a word count. As I said, too much time today. Usually I'm very, very busy.

#14 ·
Is This an English Class??:twak:
On topic Good post.

#20 ·
Actually real gun controll can be summed up in 3 words; Aim ,shoot, hit.

+1 on the sentiment, but a question on the word count. You have "gun-control" hyphenated, which is really not correct, they should stand as two separate words. In which case, it's 100 words, not 99!
There's one in every crowd. LOL!

Good post.

#23 ·
Well, you might remember I'm from Arkansas. I actually counted 101 words! LOL!

#24 ·
The one thiing I have found about gun boards and sports board in general is that no matter what someone posts there will be someone to come along an find some error in it. If they have to disect it letter by letter someone will argue about it. Second is that they usually refuse to read the whole post and put anything into context.

Why can't we all just get along? :danceban::nutkick::image035:

#25 ·
The one thiing I have found about gun boards and sports board in general is that no matter what someone posts there will be someone to come along an find some error in it. If they have to disect it letter by letter someone will argue about it. Second is that they usually refuse to read the whole post and put anything into context.

Why can't we all just get along? :danceban::nutkick::image035:
You misspelled thing. :danceban: :rofl:

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.