The Hollywood crowd and guns.

The Hollywood crowd and guns.

This is a discussion on The Hollywood crowd and guns. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We are constantly bombarded with the fact that most hollywood types are anti-gun. The great pro-gun actors from years gone by, John Wayne, Clark Gable, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

Thumbs up The Hollywood crowd and guns.

We are constantly bombarded with the fact that most hollywood types are anti-gun. The great pro-gun actors from years gone by, John Wayne, Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, and even Elvis are long departed.
    However, I have been researching current celebrities and believe it or not there is hope for Hollywood. Based on repeated comments and opinions they've expressed, the following definitely fall into the pro-gun crowd: Bruce Willis, Demi Moore, Tom Selleck, James Earl Jones,
    Robert Duval, Ben Stein, Kurt Russell, Ashton Kutchner, R. Lee Ermey,
    Brad Pitt, Jon Voight, Angelina Jolie, Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and director John Milius.
    It's heartening to know that in a recent Hollywood fund raiser for Barack Obama, none of the above were invited.

"I have very strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it"- Clint Eastwood.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

It's heartening to know that in a recent Hollywood fund raiser for Barack Obama, none of the above were invited.
    Hmmmm...interesting. What about Nicholas Cage? Was Arnold invited?

I was a little surprised at a couple of names (Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, and Ashton Kutchner). I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover.

For the most part they are just people like us, so I could care less about what they think about most issues. However they share one common thing, a national voice to which I can only hope the bring up this issue. For clarification: I don't mean that I don't care about people's opinion, I just don't value a celebrities more than anyone else's.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Member Array Intentional Flincher's Avatar
    Add Sly Stallone, kinda. He is a big fan of guns for his own personal protection, not so much for you and me, though.
    A witty saying proves nothing.

Voltaire

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chenemf View Post
    I was a little surprised at a couple of names (Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, and Ashton Kutchner). I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover.
    Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt spend a fair amount of time outside, in the real world.

Angelina was quoted not too long ago stating that she had working versons of pistols from one of her movies, and if someone tried to harm her children they would be taken care of.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I was surprised about Tom Cruise and Travolta. that takes the gerontologists up one notch in my book. They are now at notch one.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Be very careful when you compare Hollywood "gun owners" to people like us here at DC.

Hollywood gun owners are more likely "gun collectors" or they have some twisted idea of who should and shouldnt be allowed to own handguns. Hollywood is full of elitists that see themselves far above the rest of us. I have read where they carry concealed weapons without permits basically "flipping" off the law because they think they are above the law. Many times they are.

Seems many of the Hollywood crowd believe its ok for THEM to own a gun for protection, but most of the rest of the country dont need them. Many of them dont own guns but definitely have "armed security" close by.

You have to dig and check the ones that support the 2A.

People like Charlton Heston and Tom Selleck.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Al Pacino has an arrest for carrying a concealed weapon years ago.
    I wonder if he's going to Obama's dinner party?

1943 - 2009
    Add Rick Schroder (Lonesome Dove, NYPD Blue) to the list. He's genuine pro-gun and pro 2A.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

It ain't just Hollywood. How many gun owners are aware that aware that Reba McEntire is an anti?

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Thanks for all your comments. Yes, I'm sure I overlooked some, but those listed do support everyones 2A rights not just their own, that's why Stallone is not included. I'm surprised by Samuel L. Jackson, since he's so liberal. I was aware of Reba McEntire's anti stand and also Shania Twain's.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    It ain't just Hollywood. How many gun owners are aware that aware that Reba McEntire is an anti?
    Reba is probably one of a very few country artists that is an anti as
    most country artists are usually pro 2A and vote Republican.

pro & anti gun

anti gun Stallone does not believe no one should have a gun permit except him he's another Rosie O'donald, anti gun Sheryl Crow Martin Sheen,Barbara Strisand, pro gun Gerald Mc rainy, Louise Mandrel, Jeff Foxworthy, Ice T, Westley Snipes,Woody Harrelson,Danzel Washington,Gene Hackman and manny more stars are pro gun and not afraid to let you know it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links