Defensive Carry banner

Survey on Gun Control

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cj 
#1 ·
I am looking for some sort of national survey on the subject.
All political affiliations,religions,regions etc.
Can anyone help be of assistance?

I'm just curious about what the whole country feels about the subject.

#2 ·
Unfortunately, most surveys are worded to spin the response to match the agenda of the group asking the question, or the results are interpreted in such a way to support them. I could ask:

"Would you support a law which would make it possible to identify the perpetrator of a crime whenever they use a gun by identifying the shooter of the firearm?" Duh, who wouldn't, except a criminal (or someone with experience in how these things really work...see? Already showing my slant.)

The same question from another point of view:
"Would you support a law which requires technology that does not currently exist, would be expensive to implement, and would dramatically increase the cost of all firearms, to be added to all firearms in the hopes that it might help solve crimes in an unproven fashion?"

That very question is either a law, or in the process of being passed as a law in many states, but a survey with these questions would result in very different answers. I'd suggest making sure that any survey results you find, you also make sure you can evaluate the questions (something both sides of the argument aren't great at doing).

Not exactly the epitome of experimental design, but one I found that shows both questions and answers is at:
Voice of the Internet - Survey Results: GUN CONTROL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.