Pay Your Dues, People!

This is a discussion on Pay Your Dues, People! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just a heads up, I've been delayed in doing it myself and just mailed it out: whatever activist organization(s) you ascribe to, be it the ...

Thread: Pay Your Dues, People!

Pay Your Dues, People!

Just a heads up, I've been delayed in doing it myself and just mailed it out: whatever activist organization(s) you ascribe to, be it the NRA, GOA, JPFO, or state organization, get those annual membership dues and contributions in the mail.

I'm trying to figure out a way to buy a life membership at some point, but I just mailed off my contributions to Gunowners of America and the Texas State Rifle Association for the year.

We've got some tough roads to hoe in 2006, and 07 and 08 aren't going to be any fun. They'll be even worse if we don't press issues now. I didn't send off just a whole lot of money, but if every gunowner in this country would just spend $5 a year to protect their rights we'd really have something.

Chip in. I'm a cheapskate and I found some money.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Euc,

The NRA and GOA both allow you to purchase a life membership on a payment plan. I am patron level in the NRA and Life member of GOA. I am an annual contributor to other groups as well. Most of us can find the money in the budget for things we really want to do. I know that some folks cannot, so that is why I upgrade when I can.

-Scott-

Right on, Euc. With an estimated 200,000,000 gun owners in the USA and an NRA membership of some 4 million +, it's easy to figure out who's paying the tab to man the barricades against the Brady Bunch, Boxer, Kerry, Kennedy, ad nauseum. I contribute what I can on a regular basis to both the NRA, GOA, and Oregon Firearms Federation (OFF). Imagine the result if every gun owner with/without affiliation donated just one buck every 6 months!!

Becoming a LIFE MEMBER of NRA isn't enough and certainly doesn't do anything to further the fight for our rights. To do that you must contribute to their PACs. That's not a tax deduction like a contribution to the foundation would be. I try to give $50-$100 each year to either the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action) or the PVF (Political Victory Fund). I'm not Jewish, but I also give to Aaron Zelman's group: JPFO (Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership)
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    I was pleased to notice - on Midway website IIRC - they have collected approx $3M+ from ''make up the amount'' contributions - other places do that too - great idea.

I dare not count up the $25 here and $25 there I have shelled out over time - it'd probably get me in a dead faint! I am NRA life member but when I can chip in as well - frightening tho how small amounts add up over time! All helps tho.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    I didn't send off just a whole lot of money, but if every gunowner in this country would just spend $5 a year to protect their rights we'd really have something.
    I'd love to pitch in a few bucks (I can probably do $25 to 50) but can you recommend a place and method to donate anonymously? I don't want to be on any mailing lists (that are usually sold to retailers) or to be begged for more money or to "renew my membership" every year. I swear some of these places spend more money on printing and postage than I donate...

Donations of the valid sort (to a PAC) are not tax deductible. I suspect the IRS will want to hold the organization and you accountable for all such donations. Unless you're a real moneybags and you can afford to drop a laundry sack full of $100's on the front step. In which case, let me give you the address.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Chris, I was amazed when I saw that on Midway as well, they make it easy, I always go for the round up and add a buck or two each time. Also $25 here and there, plus annual dues for my wife and I even talked a few non-gun owning clients of mine into joining. I have NRA stickers in my business, an NRA link on my website www.godspeedtattoo.com as well as a note to San Francisco residents who think only criminals should own guns. I feel like I do my fair share! The more the better though, we need the NRA. They might have a bit more money if they didn't mail so much stuff though! I get something every week, asking for money! Kevin

Assistant Administrator
    Kevin - strangely, and I didn't ask them to do it - I have for some while had way fewer ''hand-out'' type mailings, still enough!. I did spend a small fortune in the run-up to last election and since have backed off quite a bit - just could not afford anything like as much.

I do get the occasional phone call and do also add the ''top-up'' at Midway etc - so overall still keep bits trickling thru to them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links