NRA: media is being strong armed into dropping "false" NRA ad: Merged - Page 2

NRA: media is being strong armed into dropping "false" NRA ad: Merged

This is a discussion on NRA: media is being strong armed into dropping "false" NRA ad: Merged within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by press1280 .....being that battleground states have high numbers of gun ownership. I think the votes of gun owners are going to be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    .....being that battleground states have high numbers of gun ownership.
    I think the votes of gun owners are going to be the key to this election. Obama realizes this. This happened 4 years ago, but this time Obama is 10X worse, and will not be able to erase his beliefs and record. But he is trying to silence it.

BTW- I spent a few hours last weekend visiting former NRA Members' houses and making sure they are still registered and informed (by means of an NRA brochure). It was a GREAT experience. They Loved the fact that a PERSON showed up, instead just getting a call. Contact your local EVC if you want to be a part of the pro-gun message this election.

NRA-ILA :: Contact Your EVC

OR just look at the front of this month's NRA magazine.

Obama Doesn't Like NRA Ads

I found this link on the PA Firearm Owners Association site. I posted there that we should just elect him so we could get a new Constitution and amendments. He certainly doesn't the first two amendments.
    [url]http://www.newsmax.com/politics/Obama_Wants_NRA_Ads_Banne/2008/09/27/135118.html
    Last edited by MP45Man; September 28th, 2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I read that also, it really shows Obama's mindset.
    I'm really sorry that he is offended by our firearms, Poor Baby
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Like some other flip-floppers he doesn't like it when it gets put in his face. You would think politicians would learn that changing your stance mid-stride will get noticed.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    I read that also, it really shows Obama's mindset.
    I'm really sorry that he is offended by our firearms, Poor Baby
    Waaaa!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

NRA: media is being strong armed into dropping "false" NRA ad

Tough call. Do they keep the ads because they bring in money, or dump them because it offends their liberal mindset.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

"If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I'm just curious if the NRA might have a bit more success with politicians and a large segment of the population that is distrustful of them and firearms owners in general if they spent less time sensationalizing issues to instill fear, resentment, and hatred, and devoted the same resources to educating and enlightening politicians and other people about the pragmatics and benefits realized from those who own & carry? I'm an NRA member and I can tell you that I work and interact with a lot of people who have just not been exposed to the opportunity to learn about lawful ownership of firearms and how it does not pose a threat to them - some are just downright scared because of the inherent danger of firearms because of their characteristics; to them I point out the inherent danger of automobiles - they can be dangerous also because of accidents or in the wrong hands. But we don't see so many folks opposed to automobile ownership as firearms. I think part of the problem lies in not having settings for reasonable dialog because of the high-emotion, name calling and labeling (on both sides), and lack of desire for respectful and thoughtful consideration of others' opinion even if we think it's misguided.

Whether you like it or not, a politician you may not favor may well be in a position of power and I for one would want to not be on that politician's list of folks who are unreasonable; and I'd be reaching out early on to make sure that my interests as a firearms owners are fairly and reasonably represented and supported. To accomplish this I would be more inclined to support efforts that educate and enlighten rather than tactics to rebuke and denigrate. A little diplomacy may go a long way especially with all of the benefits realized from gun owners.

Without fail ALL of the people with whom I associate about firearms and carrying are reasonable, smart, respectful, and show a concern for the general populace. It's a shame that there appears to be a a divide that keeps the reality of the firearms-owning community from becoming more mainstream and aligned with one politician against another.

Just my opinion on this; I hate to see resources wasted every time there is an election. Rather, I'd prefer a more long-term approach via education of the public.
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

If every add that might twist the truth or reflect an asumtion made after collecting facts were to be banned then. No politician or any political add would be allowed to be aired. I have only one thing to say to Obama, If you cant take the heat then get out of trhe spotlight.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Guess he can't stand for the truth to be given to the people. Every ad that I have seen is based on fact (his voting and speaking records).
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

First... the NRA ads are accurate and YOU can see where they cite their "case" to support their claims right in their ads... and you can follow up to confirm that to your own satisfaction.

Second... Obama comes from a city and state with VERY high gun control laws and he doe NOT HAVE one shred of evidence to have even tried to turn it around. Think about it. It's like being a part of a church that hates America and then saying that he "never" heard the reverend say anything like the clips we've all heard.

Third... the attempts to stop the ads shows that this IS more than if it's right or wrong... how come no one tried to do the same when making false statements about President Bush... remember the incident with the "letters" that "proved" what Bush did?
    “We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm” - George Orwell

I think it would be safe to say he most likley wouldnt really like any of us here either... which come to think of it... I don't really care for him either.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

no twist from NRA

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    If every add that might twist the truth or reflect an asumtion made after collecting facts were to be banned then. No politician or any political add would be allowed to be aired. I have only one thing to say to Obama, If you cant take the heat then get out of trhe spotlight.
    The ads do NOT twist... it simply cites past statements and/or votes. I agree with your claim but it is not relevent here since the ads ARE truthful.

All you can say about them is that they are "dramatic" in the same way that shining a strong spot light on a Deer may make it stop and notice.

But sadly for Obama... it's still the truth.
    “We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm” - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Don't worry about BO being able to finance this farce - any shortage will be made up by his friend George Soros. God help us all if they win.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    I, for one, would like to apologize if any gun people hurt his feelings....now, I think that he should apologize for.....let me end this here....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links