Defensive Carry banner

Important Video From Great Britain

859 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  press1280 
#1 ·
I came across this in another forum. If you have not seen this before, you have to watch it. It's a little over 9 minutes, but it will capture your attention. I promise you that. This is exactly what can happen to us if we put that tool into office next month. It won't be sudden, but it will happen just as it did in Great Britain.

Transsylvania Phoenix: The British called, they want their guns back

#2 ·
Propaganda or not, the message is important.

I particularly liked a retort on the blog by someone responding to another's attempted justification for gaining permission to exercise one's 2A-protected right:
wstpwstp said, "I have no objection to a sane adult owning a gun after mastering basic gun safety and legally obtaining a license."
Let's apply that idea to a reserved right other than the one covered by the Second Amendment. Start with the First:

"I have no objection to a sane adult operating a printing press after mastering basic English and legally obtaining a license to speak freely."

"I have no objection to a sane adult being religious, after attending a government-run course on tolerance, and as long as his church is legally licensed."

"I have no objection to sane adults associating together, after they have submitted their fingerprints to the FBI for background checks, informed local law enforcement that they are associating, and their group is legally licensed with the state."

Fourth?

"I have no objection to sane adults maintaining their privacy, after submitting a video montage containing their daily life routine, along with a list of their possessions, to the state, and obtaining approval for keeping these things private."

Or how about the Fifth?

"I have no objection to a sane adult refusing to incriminate himself of a crime, as long as he has fully informed the state of his actual state of innocence or guilt, and has legally obtained a Non-Self-Incrimination license."

Is any of this starting to make sense?

#3 ·
Propaganda or not, the message is important.

I particularly liked a retort on the blog by someone responding to another's attempted justification for gaining permission to exercise one's 2A-protected right:
I liked it as well. I have to pass that one on too.

Thanks!

#5 ·
It's unfortunate. When are they going to understand that gun laws only hurt the law abiding citizens? Criminals recognize no laws. They do what they want.

#8 ·
wstpwstp said, "I have no objection to a sane adult owning a gun after mastering basic gun safety and legally obtaining a license."

This blogger also recited stats about how the UK's gun violence is way below that of the US's. I think his stats are bogus, but assume he's correct. He conveniently only gave gun-related stats, not the total crime rate. When home break-ins, robberies, and non-gun related murders are on the rise, what good is gun control. The point is to lower violence in general, not just stop 1 category of violence and have others increase.
Thank goodness we have Castle Laws that seem to be spreading throughout the country........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.