Important Video From Great Britain

This is a discussion on Important Video From Great Britain within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I came across this in another forum. If you have not seen this before, you have to watch it. It's a little over 9 minutes, ...

I came across this in another forum. If you have not seen this before, you have to watch it. It's a little over 9 minutes, but it will capture your attention. I promise you that. This is exactly what can happen to us if we put that tool into office next month. It won't be sudden, but it will happen just as it did in Great Britain.

Transsylvania Phoenix: The British called, they want their guns back
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Propaganda or not, the message is important.

I particularly liked a retort on the blog by someone responding to another's attempted justification for gaining permission to exercise one's 2A-protected right:
    wstpwstp said, "I have no objection to a sane adult owning a gun after mastering basic gun safety and legally obtaining a license."
    Let's apply that idea to a reserved right other than the one covered by the Second Amendment. Start with the First:

"I have no objection to a sane adult operating a printing press after mastering basic English and legally obtaining a license to speak freely."

"I have no objection to a sane adult being religious, after attending a government-run course on tolerance, and as long as his church is legally licensed."

"I have no objection to sane adults associating together, after they have submitted their fingerprints to the FBI for background checks, informed local law enforcement that they are associating, and their group is legally licensed with the state."

Fourth?

"I have no objection to sane adults maintaining their privacy, after submitting a video montage containing their daily life routine, along with a list of their possessions, to the state, and obtaining approval for keeping these things private."

Or how about the Fifth?

"I have no objection to a sane adult refusing to incriminate himself of a crime, as long as he has fully informed the state of his actual state of innocence or guilt, and has legally obtained a Non-Self-Incrimination license."

Is any of this starting to make sense?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Propaganda or not, the message is important.

I particularly liked a retort on the blog by someone responding to another's attempted justification for gaining permission to exercise one's 2A-protected right:
    I liked it as well. I have to pass that one on too.

Thanks!
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

Once the govt. has the control, it will be hard for them to get it go...Britain is a good study on how NOT to give the govt. too much power.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    Once the govt. has the control, it will be hard for them to get it go...Britain is a good study on how NOT to give the govt. too much power.
    It's unfortunate. When are they going to understand that gun laws only hurt the law abiding citizens? Criminals recognize no laws. They do what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    It's unfortunate. When are they going to understand that gun laws only hurt the law abiding citizens? Criminals recognize no laws. They do what they want.
    they do it here too..but thank God for the NRA and similar groups. Also, thankfully, not all of out elected leaders are anti-gun kool-aid drinkers.

Lib'rulism needs to be stopped.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    they do it here too..but thank God for the NRA and similar groups. Also, thankfully, not all of out elected leaders are anti-gun kool-aid drinkers.

Lib'rulism needs to be stopped.
    I am afraid that they main one is going to be. We'll find out next month.

wstpwstp said, "I have no objection to a sane adult owning a gun after mastering basic gun safety and legally obtaining a license."

This blogger also recited stats about how the UK's gun violence is way below that of the US's. I think his stats are bogus, but assume he's correct. He conveniently only gave gun-related stats, not the total crime rate. When home break-ins, robberies, and non-gun related murders are on the rise, what good is gun control. The point is to lower violence in general, not just stop 1 category of violence and have others increase.
    Thank goodness we have Castle Laws that seem to be spreading throughout the country........
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Links