What If...

This is a discussion on What If... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just wanted input from the members of this forum. If this type of question has been posted before, my apologies and ask for you ...

Thread: What If...

What If...

I just wanted input from the members of this forum. If this type of question has been posted before, my apologies and ask for you kind indulgence. Worst case scenario results from upcoming election. What can we expect and what type of legislation can we see coming down the pipe? How long would it take it to pass both houses, if it made it that far? Now a related question: How many magazines should I have per rifle, per pistol? Thank you for input.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    What if grass hoppers had machine guns?

How many mags? At least 6 mags per main rifle/pistol minimum 2 for everything else.

Regarding the political side of your post, could take days, months, or years.

It's the Government, it either goes too quick or way to slow.

Think seriously about investing in cached lower cost today than tomorrow ammunition and ammunition manufacturing equipment, as well as quality pneumatic air guns for sport and/or hunting purposes.

An out right gun ban will be quite difficult herein the US.
    But restrictions against _ammunition_ and ammunition components such as taxing the cost of ammo same as has been done increasingly toward cigarettes over the past 20 yrs. is a likely avenue of attack and would be lawful as it's not a 'firearm'.

Bullet, powder, primer, and casing...these are what makes a firearm functional.

- Obama, Biden, Pelosi & Assoc.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

The whole taxing us out of business is just stupid as a deterrent to crime. It only takes how round to kill someone? However, if I am a law biding sportsman shooting on a regular basis I could reasonably shoot 500 rounds a month. The only person you have any effect on is ME and I already pay enough taxes. The BG can just steal enough rounds to kill everyone they want to kill. Add an extra tax on George Clooney movies, or Matt Daemon movies.

The real threat is that the next president will probably get to nominate at least two Supreme Court justices.

If Obama nominates two far-left wing Supreme Court justices, that means the Supreme Court would have a left-lean, and would be more likely to pass anti-gun legislation. How far that could go, I have no idea.

Best case scenario (assuming Obama wins)? They renew the AWB of the 90s (no magazines over 10 rounds, yada yada ya). Worst case scenario? They try to ban concealed carry and stop semiautomatic handgun production, and there are riots in the streets.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

1943 - 2009
    that means the Supreme Court would have a left-lean, and would be more likely to pass anti-gun legislation
    The Supreme Court can't pass legislation. Only Congress can do that. (But I'm sure you know that, and merely mis-spoke).

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

The Supreme Court can't pass legislation. Only Congress can do that. (But I'm sure you know that, and merely mis-spoke).
    True, but they could decide that some Left wing anti gun legislation is constitutional. After all the last decision was only 5 to 4 in our favor.
    bosco

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    It only takes how [many] round to kill someone?
    one 45 and six 9mm's....

The Supreme Court may not be such a big issue in one respect. The next two justices to be replaced are likely Stevens and Ginsburg, who are both older than dirt. So if these two are replaced with liberals the court remains the same. Of course there is danger with the court now, in that Kennedy can go either way and though he decided to side with the conservatives in Heller he may be more into allowing strict regulation under a "mere rational basis" test on later cases. Possibly even upholding certain bans.

On the other hand, if Stevens and Ginsburg were replaced by conservative-pro 2A justices, the entire complexion of the court would be changed and that would be a good thing IMO.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    one 45 and six 9mm's....

Oh oh...yer' goin' straight to Hades fer that one!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links