PA H.B. 1845 Passes house and Senate

This is a discussion on PA H.B. 1845 Passes house and Senate within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Link It looks as if this bill has passed both houses... now its on to Eddie to sign it. This anti-crime, pro-gun bill had support ...

Thread: PA H.B. 1845 Passes house and Senate

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

PA H.B. 1845 Passes house and Senate

Link

It looks as if this bill has passed both houses... now its on to Eddie to sign it. This anti-crime, pro-gun bill had support from both parties in each chamber. Rendell would be smart to sign it.

The bill includes:
    - Felony charges to anyone carrying a gun with an altered serial number. Upgraded from a misdemeanor. The Dems had to swallow this one hard
    - Lifting the ban on CC in State Parks.
    - The "Katrina Act". Guns cannot be confiscated illegally in a state of emergency.
    - Expedition of CCL's for persons who have a restraining/protection order from someone who has threatened his or her life.
    - The State Police have to tell you why you were declined on your gun purchase.

I made a thread about this when it passed the house back in April.
    Link for more info.

This is great news for us Pennsylvanians

2. Remove Ads

Good for the folks from PA!

Now you Steeler/Eagles fans have to take care of Bidness (as we say here in TX) and see to it that the boy King does not get elected......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Us country rednecks in PA are trying, but the big city liberals (Pittsburgh/Philly) are giving us a run for our money.

Pro2A, forgot to mention the other part of the bill. The PA State Police have to tell you why you were declined on your gun purchase. Before they didn't have to tell you. Kind of hard to appeal when you don't know why you were denied.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    Us country rednecks in PA are trying, but the big city liberals (Pittsburgh/Philly) are giving us a run for our money.

Pro2A, forgot to mention the other part of the bill. The PA State Police have to tell you why you were declined on your gun purchase. Before they didn't have to tell you. Kind of hard to appeal when you don't know why you were denied.
    They must have added that in the Senate, I know it wasn't part of the original bill. Good to know now not that I have ever been denied. I'll be sure to add it.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    There is also a provision for:

Increase in the statute of limitations to 10 yrs for prosecutions of straw purchasers as well as a lifetime "firearms disability" for those convicted.

A 20 year min. mando. for an "assault with a firearm" upon any LEO.

Now, we'll see if these will be enforced or traded away as part of plea agreements.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

This anti-crime, pro-gun bill had support from both parties in each chamber. Rendell would be smart to sign it.
    to be accurate, the vote was 199 to 0.

Lifting the ban on CC in State Parks
    actually, it will lift the ban on carrying in state parks, OC or CC. eventually, this might affect carrying in national parks in PA, as well.

A 20 year min. mando. for an "assault with a firearm" upon any LEO.

Now, we'll see if these will be enforced or traded away as part of plea agreements.
    this is the part that will guarantee gov. rendell will sign it. part of his anti-rhetoric is the safety of LEOs in PA, after the rash of cop-killings in Philly. if he doesn't sign the bill, that'll undercut what he's been after, anyway, and will probably cost him the next election. he may be an anti, but he's not stupid.

once he signs the bill, it will probably go in to effect 60 days afterwards.

i can't wait to go camping next year!

We are finally making some progress here in PA. Now if we could only get a "Castle Doctrine" we'd be set.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

We are finally making some progress here in PA. Now if we could only get a "Castle Doctrine" we'd be set.
    Well by law we technically have most of it. Look at our self defense laws. At least in your home you can "Stand your ground". As long as Eddie is in we won't see it, so I was told by my rep. He said its hard enough keeping the anti's in check, let alone introducing a free floating "castle doctrine" bill.

great news from my PA

love it
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hopefully he signs. I grew up in Lock 4 (AKA as N. Charleroi).
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Talking

I called the governor yesterday and asked him to sign it. Of course, I got his secretary, but she took a bunch of information. All of my 2A friends at work called also.

Every little bit helps...sound like PA is getting there.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JerryDonlan View Post
    I called the governor yesterday and asked him to sign it. Of course, I got his secretary, but she took a bunch of information. All of my 2A friends at work called also.
    I'm a displaced Pennslyvanian, but I'm calling my family there and ask they do the same!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by CEW58 View Post
    I'm a displaced Pennslyvanian, but I'm calling my family there and ask they do the same!
    I would carry one of these, if I could only find the right holster!

Might be a little tough with a IWB.

Links