Wash. AG Says Mayor Nickels Can't Ban Guns

This is a discussion on Wash. AG Says Mayor Nickels Can't Ban Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by matiki OK I'll be more specific. Not submitting evidence only means that they did not submit evidence. It does not mean: * ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wash. AG Says Mayor Nickels Can't Ban Guns

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    OK I'll be more specific.

Not submitting evidence only means that they did not submit evidence.

It does not mean:

* There's no evidence
    * There's no mental illness
    * There's no drug problem

It only means the prosecutor didn't go down that route.
    Matki read my post it is not opinion. It has been a bit but if you want i can try to find all the links to the other versions of event. There was no mental illness or drug issues on the CCW part. The assailants were the nut cases and druggies. You know who they are if you have been to any Seattle street fair or festival at the Seattle Center. They are the ones beating those bongo drums doing the hippie dippy twirl non stop for the duration in a cloud of smoke so thick you'll test positive for weed if you walk through. The guy had a real dump truck anti for a lawyer. As Raevan this is the worst case scenario of what happens when you get an anti mayor, persecutor, media and defense attorney working together to advance their own anti agenda. The guy really got screwed bad for something that was not his fault

Edited to add correction seems the guy did have an old drug addiction problem that he had resolved on his own and totally irrelevant to this event
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Matki read my post it is not opinion. It has been a bit but if you want i can try to find all the links to the other versions of event. There was no mental illness or drug issues on the CCW part. The assailants were the nut cases and druggies. You know who they are if you have been to any Seattle street fair or festival at the Seattle Center. They are the ones beating those bongo drums doing the hippie dippy twirl non stop for the duration in a cloud of smoke so thick you'll test positive for weed if you walk through. The guy had a real dump truck anti for a lawyer. As Raevan this is the worst case scenario of what happens when you get an anti mayor, persecutor, media and defense attorney working together to advance their own anti agenda. The guy really got screwed bad for something that was not his fault

Edited to add correction seems the guy did have an old drug addiction problem that he had resolved on his own and totally irrelevant to this event
    If you have time it would be nice to read the other side of the story.

I don't like the PI so anything that refutes articles like these would be nice:

Alleged Folklife shooter had mental history and gun permit

(sic)He takes medication for anxiety and schizophrenia and has been in a methadone maintenance program through the WCHS Renton Clinic since the age of 18, according to court documents.(sic)
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    Wash. AG Says Mayor Nickels Can't Ban Guns - News Story - KIRO Seattle

SEATTLE -- Washington’s Attorney General Rob McKenna said Monday that cities in Washington cannot enact local laws that prohibit the possession of firearms on city property or in city-owned property.

Nickels said then that the threat of another shooting at a public gathering kept him up at night.
    Maybe he should try sleeping pills rather than try to restrict ones constitutional rights. A little selfish in my opinion.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Nickels said then that the threat of another shooting at a public gathering kept him up at night.
    So long as criminals exist, the threat exists. Disarming upstanding citizens can't possibly help reduce the number of criminals, nor reduce what they do to upstanding citizens. Disarmament can only hurt the upstanding.

Perhaps he should sit down and re-think ... perhaps moot, 'cause this doesn't seem to be upstanding to me. I trust the legislature will help him pull it out, before he gets too embarrassing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    When you have an antigun Mayor, an antigun Prosecutor, and anti gun newspapers and tv stations these are the kind if lies that get distributed. This case is a perfect example of what we have to fight against here in the Seattle area.
    I agree with raevan. I've had a pemit to carry in Washington for about 15 years and it's a continuous challenge to educate people on concealed carry (though I never advertise that I am). In north Idaho it's more accepted.
    Prepared to Fight
    Patriot for Peace

Update. Seattle going to go ahead with ban, ignoring AG.

Mayor moves forward on gun ban plan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links