2012 Second Amendment Party

This is a discussion on 2012 Second Amendment Party within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What about starting NOW, regardless who gets elected next month, a Third Party, The SECOND AMENDMENT PARTY, membership requiring swore to protect and defend the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Second Amendment Party

2012 Second Amendment Party

What about starting NOW, regardless who gets elected next month, a Third Party, The SECOND AMENDMENT PARTY, membership requiring swore to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution including the SECOND AMENDMENT as it written and as it was intent to be used by our Fore Fathers who wrote it.

Potential members 80,000,000 gun owners.

This would be largest and strongest Party in the USA bar none. This new SECOND AMENDMENT PARTY could easily control all three (3) branches of govt.

Start getting into the elections in 2 years and in 4years into all elections.

Anybody willing to join, work, and vote for the SECOND AMENDMENT instead of the Demo's and Rep's.

Is the SECOND AMENDMENT really your Number ONE PRIORITY ?

Talk is talk without action nothing happens.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post
    What about starting NOW, regardless who gets elected next month, a Third Party, The SECOND AMENDMENT PARTY, membership requiring swore to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution including the SECOND AMENDMENT as it written and as it was intent to be used by our Fore Fathers who wrote it.

This would be largest and strongest Party in the USA bar none. This new SECOND AMENDMENT PARTY could easily control all three (3) branches of govt.

Anybody willing to join, work, and vote for the SECOND AMENDMENT instead of the Demo's and Rep's.

I don't think that would work, you can't have a political party (that actually gets any power) that is a special interest. Best bet is work on the current parties(or 1 party).
    I think we're making great strides, I can't think of any Repubs that are anti-gun(some aren't great,but they're not in the gun-grabber mold), and many Dems in conservative districts have to be pro-gun or else they don't get elected. The public does not favor new laws, and believes in an individual right.
    The problem with 3rd parties,unfortunately, is they help the opposite point of view(Ross Perot, for example, helping Clinton win in '92).
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Something to remember, is that the 2A is deeply ingrained into the Constitution, and yes, while there have been many "modifications" over the years, we are still allowed to "keep and bear" arms.

No one person (president), congress, or court can repeal an amendment. It's actually, very difficult. 2/3 of the Congress and 3/4 of the states must all agree to the ratification.

With our millions of gun owners, and growing, and spread out (for the most part) through the 50 states, it would be very difficult to change the 2A.

Of course, we must all stay vigilent, and defend our rights as citizens to the 2A. This, of course, if voting for (not necessarily presidential), but representatives in Congress who share our views.

Just my 2 worth.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Would love to see something like that, but (not to rain on your parade with my opinion) I don't think it would work. Everyone quotes eighty million gun owners, but the truth is the vast majority own one or two guns for hunting or own one handgun and keep it in the closet for "self defense" and really don't care about the 2A. They don't think anyone would take away their guns, so they aren't worried about it.

If there were 80 million gun owners who cared enough to join a 2A political party, we wouldn't need to create one in the first place.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    If there were 80 million gun owners who cared enough to join a 2A political party, we wouldn't need to create one in the first place.
    so very true
    The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, "Go Away" in every language.

Fast is fine, accuracy is final. Learn to be slow in a hurry.

"I never met a man that had been in a gunfight and wished that he had a smaller gun. Ever."

Going on the mindset that those willing to stand up and support the SECOND AMENDMENT, would be conservative - no more liberal than President Reagan actions. Big cuts in govt size and overview and big cut in taxes keeping a strong Defense of the country, closing the borders, illegal deportation, etc - not just talk as both current parties have done but action.

Scope of Party no limited to "Arms", but the entire spectrum of the other parties.

Nice idea, but I am thinking the other issues on the table would keep people from both sides of the aisle from stepping over. 2A is not really that big of an issue for most politicians, IMHO, since there are those in both major parties that are gun owners. I think the issues related to social programs, tax code, war, etc. would all overshadow the gun rights.

I think we are in a position right now that we asked for by becoming free men. We have our political parties, we have the lobbyists who wine and dine them, we have those who feel they can get on stage and try to handcuff Carl Rove. All of that combines what we are today, a country of free people trying to do what we each think is best for our country in the ways we think is best. But that being said, we are all individuals, we are all mortal and fallible, we all have selfish wants and that can tend to cloud people's judgment.

I have personally wondered if a real viable third party could be raised at this point. I mean the Libertarian party is probably the only one to get close and no one really pays attention to them. The Green party has gone no where, not to mention all the others I have forgotten about.

But it is with that thinking that people can make a difference in this country. Just the thought of starting another party means you are thinking of ways to make this a better country.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOGOFWAR01 View Post

Constitution party and/or Libertarian party

Repealing the 2A will not happen in America.

Further I would not take seriously any party that is based on a singular issue.
    The country and world and what goes on within is much more complex and broad than just the Second Amendment.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Not worried about repealing an Amendment...more worried about putting REAL 'Liberal Thinking Justices' in place. The Constitution is NOT a living document....and the 2A reiterates an existing right that has been in place from the day that you were born.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

jfl
    How does the S.A. help the people living in Chicago ?

What will it do next year if a liberal government decides that a collection of 10 firearms or more is an "arsenal" and has to be taxed $1000 per year and periodicaly inspected; don't laugh, it almost happened in Kali a few years ago.

What good the Heller's decision did to the people in DC; if this Congress doesn't move quickly, who knows what the next one will do.

The COTUS is only good as long as the Executive and Judicial branches enforce it.
    I am sure that Daley, Bloomberg or Ted have taken the oath to "uphold the Constitution of the United States" as well as the NOPD or the BATFE did; and the list could go on and on.

Don't get me wrong, the Constitution is a great document that's nice to have, but it is only a piece of paper for some.
    Remember when slick Willie was "impeached" .

The problem is the people in the government at all levels who make or break the system. When I see a Sheriff who says he has instructed his men not to proceed to evictions ordered by the judges, it scares me.

Sorry for the long winded post, I am concerned about what's going to happen if th Libs are elected.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Constitution party and/or Libertarian party

Yes I am aware of these two parties, both have past and carry some baggage.

That is why I am thinking a "new" Party, with one binding topic, that being the SECOND AMENDMENT, being the basis and the foundation of a new Party.

Of course the Party would have to address all issues just like all Partys do. Hopefully, we would address all these issues as 40,000,000 to 80,000,000 very conservative minded individuals.

This would take active participation way beyond the Demo, Rep, etc for the next 4 years to roust these other parties/people from their roost on the fed govt gravy train also at the state, county, and city levels.

I am talking about slashing govt to never have seen levels since 1836, cut govt back to the 1836 "scope of work" in view of today's world, maybe get rid of 3/4 or 75% of the fed govt, we need Dept of Defense, Dept of Transportation, Dept of Energy, Post Office, U.S. Marshall Service, and Border Patrol. I cannot think of anything else the feds need to do. Trash any and all gun laws except for the SECOND AMENDMENT and just realize the Bill of Rights applies only to CITIZENS. So if not a CITIZEN then cannot purchase or have firearms or ammo. No more Nuclear power, big push on solar and wind, expand clean coal and oil, etc. Car Theft, Pushing or Selling or Transportation of Drugs, Murder, Rape, Armed Robbery, House / Office Breaking In, etc would all be DEATH Penalty on the FIRST offense with only 1 appeal and max of 3 months for the appeal; Death by Hanging on the Courthouse Square every Saturday at Noon, the crime rate, well there may not even be one that can be measured. The lawyers and some others may whine about their job security, no problem - give them a M16 and lots ammo then a position to stand on the Border with orders not to shoot anything that is leaving the USA.

So the above is a somewhat mixture of Demo, Rep, Lib, and U.S. Constitution Party platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    How does the S.A. help the people living in Chicago ?

What will it do next year if a liberal government decides that a collection of 10 firearms or more is an "arsenal" and has to be taxed $1000 per year and periodicaly inspected; don't laugh, it almost happened in Kali a few years ago.

What good the Heller's decision did to the people in DC; if this Congress doesn't move quickly, who knows what the next one will do.

The COTUS is only good as long as the Executive and Judicial branches enforce it.
    I am sure that Daley, Bloomberg or Ted have taken the oath to "uphold the Constitution of the United States" as well as the NOPD or the BATFE did; and the list could go on and on.

Don't get me wrong, the Constitution is a great document that's nice to have, but it is only a piece of paper for some.
    Remember when slick Willie was "impeached" .

The problem is the people in the government at all levels who make or break the system. When I see a Sheriff who says he has instructed his men not to proceed to evictions ordered by the judges, it scares me.

Sorry for the long winded post, I am concerned about what's going to happen if th Libs are elected.
    I for one concur with all you stated above.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Repealing the 2A will not happen in America.

Further I would not take seriously any party that is based on a singular issue.
    The country and world and what goes on within is much more complex and broad than just the Second Amendment.

- Janq
    May not get repealed......but heavily infringed on.

Don't forget, it was a 5 to 4 decision on Heller.........What if it had been 4 to 5?
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    May not get repealed......but heavily infringed on.

Don't forget, it was a 5 to 4 decision on Heller.........What if it had been 4 to 5?
    Another hammer hit the nail on the head ! Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links