H.R.808 Department of Peace and Nonviolence Act (Introduced in House)

This is a discussion on H.R.808 Department of Peace and Nonviolence Act (Introduced in House) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Moderators, this one gets close to political about a House Bill by Dennis Kucinich, and supported by a 79 of Dems and 1 Rep please ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar

Moderators, this one gets close to political about a House Bill by Dennis Kucinich, and supported by a 79 of Dems and 1 Rep please close if it discussion goes too far.
    All: Please be respectful, this is a bill that needs to be discussed.

I thought this was a bad joke when I first saw it, but the link is a Gov site I accessed from United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session so it is for real. Obama was talking recently about a Department as big as DOD to use in the Homeland. It is 30 pages, but believe me you need to read it and stop it before there is a Majority in the Supreme Court, the house, and the Senate that will back it. If they have a majority SCOTUS will reinterpret gun rights to accomplish it.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...h808ih.txt.pdf

SEC. 101. ESTABLISHMENT OF DEPARTMENT OF PEACE
    AND NONVIOLENCE.
    (a) ESTABLISHMENT.—There is hereby established a Department of Peace and Nonviolence (hereinafter in this Act referred to as the ‘‘Department’’), which shall—
    (1) be a cabinet-level department in the executive branch of the Federal Government; and
    (2) be dedicated to peacemaking and the study of conditions that are conducive to both domestic and international peace.
    (b) SECRETARY OF PEACE AND NONVIOLENCE.—
    There shall be at the head of the Department a Secretary of Peace and Nonviolence (hereinafter in this Act referred to as the ‘‘Secretary’’), who shall be appointed by the President, with the advice and consent of the Senate.
    (c) MISSION.—The Department shall—
    (1) hold peace as an organizing principle, coordinating service to every level of American society;
    (2) endeavor to promote justice and democratic principles to expand human rights;
    (3) strengthen nonmilitary means of peace making;
    (4) promote the development of human potential;
    (5) work to create peace, prevent violence, divert from armed conflict, use field-tested programs, and develop new structures in nonviolent dispute resolution;
    (6) take a proactive, strategic approach in the development of policies that promote national and international conflict prevention, nonviolent intervention, mediation, peaceful resolution of conflict, and structured mediation of conflict;
    (7) address matters both domestic and international in scope; and
    (8) encourage the development of initiatives from local communities, religious groups, and non governmental organizations.

SEC. 104. OFFICE OF PEACE EDUCATION AND TRAINING.
    (a) IN GENERAL.—There shall be in the Department an Office of Peace Education and Training, the head of which shall be the Assistant Secretary for Peace Education and Training. The Assistant Secretary for Peace Education and Training shall carry out those functions of the Department relating to the creation, encouragement, and impact of peace education and training at the elementary, secondary, university, and postgraduate levels, including the development of a Peace Academy.

SEC. 109. OFFICE OF PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE AND NON VIOLENT CONFLICT RESOLUTION.
    (a) IN GENERAL.—There shall be in the Department an Office of Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution, the head of which shall be the Assistant Secretary for Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution. The Assistant Secretary for Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution shall carry out those functions in the Department affecting research and analysis relating to creating, initiating, and modeling approaches to peaceful coexistence and nonviolent conflict resolution.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

"The Assistant Secretary for Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution shall carry out those functions in the Department affecting research and analysis relating to creating, initiating, and modeling approaches to peaceful coexistence and nonviolent conflict resolution."

Could this be code for..."Let the U.N. rule the world, and by the way, take away all guns...for your safety and mine!"???
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No way this is for real?!? It even sounds silly.

I see where this bill is intended to progress to..........
    Time to double check our sitting congressmen and make sure they know the stance of the people they represent.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    "The Assistant Secretary for Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution shall carry out those functions in the Department affecting research and analysis relating to creating, initiating, and modeling approaches to peaceful coexistence and nonviolent conflict resolution."

Could this be code for..."Let the U.N. rule the world, and by the way, take away all guns...for your safety and mine!"???
    Would you expect anything less!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm speechless.

EW3
    Did you hear their official song yet?

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
    Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
    Someone's singin', Lord, kumbaya;
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
    Kumbaya.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

It's all about CONTROL.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Vote them all out of office.

IF not now, then maybe you will today - JOIN the NRA, GOA, SAF, SAS, and RKBA, all of these.

This next election maybe our last chance to hang on to what little we have left of the SECOND AMENDMENT and overall FREEDOM / LIBERTY.

This is like a bad movie I can't turn off.

I'm going to buy more ammo today.

How did we get ourselves in this situation?

We need a Joe the Plumber to ask both candidates honest questions about Gun Control, Main Stream Media won't.

BAC
    Might be that I'm tired or burnt out from exams this last week, but I don't understand what this has to do with the Second Amendment. Could someone explain it to me?

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Might be that I'm tired or burnt out from exams this last week, but I don't understand what this has to do with the Second Amendment. Could someone explain it to me?
    -B
    The Deaprtment of Peace is the law that will allow a liberal Supreme Court to reinterpret the second ammendment. After that this law would be the legal means to confiscate HandGuns in the name of peace. There are also portions of this bill that could lead to Re-Education of Gun Owners, and a Department that is big enough to rival the military.

I'll wake up on November 5th and realize that I was in the twilight zone.
    NRA Member

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    The Deaprtment of Peace is the law that will allow a liberal Supreme Court to reinterpret the second ammendment. After that this law would be the legal means to confiscate HandGuns in the name of peace. There are also portions of this bill that could lead to Re-Education of Gun Owners, and a Department that is big enough to rival the military.
    Is this in the bill text itself, then? Based on what was included in the intro post, I see another bad idea but not for the reasons folks are proposing. It's another department not needed, and another money-waster, but that's about it.

-B

That is the trick with writing laws, you keep your overall goals covered, but then when the law is implemented you can go soooo much farther with just a few words in the law. The more detailed you make a law the more you tie the hands of the enforcers, and the more it jeapordizes your re-election.

30 pages to lay out a Department the size of DOD, there are volumes they can scribble into DOP after it is passed and they have left the door wide open to do it. They will never field a law saying "BAN ALL GUNS" they will pass small laws here and there banning certain types of ammo that travels more than 600MPH because it is too fast for a cop to hear coming, or have all guns and bullets microstamped so they can track them with the real goal of making ot way too expensive to own a gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links