Defensive Carry banner

H.R.808 Department of Peace and Nonviolence Act (Introduced in House)

2K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  BAC 
#1 ·
Moderators, this one gets close to political about a House Bill by Dennis Kucinich, and supported by a 79 of Dems and 1 Rep please close if it discussion goes too far.
All: Please be respectful, this is a bill that needs to be discussed.

I thought this was a bad joke when I first saw it, but the link is a Gov site I accessed from United States House of Representatives, 110th Congress, 2nd Session so it is for real. Obama was talking recently about a Department as big as DOD to use in the Homeland. It is 30 pages, but believe me you need to read it and stop it before there is a Majority in the Supreme Court, the house, and the Senate that will back it. If they have a majority SCOTUS will reinterpret gun rights to accomplish it.

H.R.808 Department of Peace and Nonviolence Act (Introduced in House)
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=110_cong_bills&docid=f:h808ih.txt.pdf

SEC. 101. ESTABLISHMENT OF DEPARTMENT OF PEACE
AND NONVIOLENCE.
(a) ESTABLISHMENT.—There is hereby established a Department of Peace and Nonviolence (hereinafter in this Act referred to as the ‘‘Department’’), which shall—
(1) be a cabinet-level department in the executive branch of the Federal Government; and
(2) be dedicated to peacemaking and the study of conditions that are conducive to both domestic and international peace.
(b) SECRETARY OF PEACE AND NONVIOLENCE.—
There shall be at the head of the Department a Secretary of Peace and Nonviolence (hereinafter in this Act referred to as the ‘‘Secretary’’), who shall be appointed by the President, with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(c) MISSION.—The Department shall—
(1) hold peace as an organizing principle, coordinating service to every level of American society;
(2) endeavor to promote justice and democratic principles to expand human rights;
(3) strengthen nonmilitary means of peace making;
(4) promote the development of human potential;
(5) work to create peace, prevent violence, divert from armed conflict, use field-tested programs, and develop new structures in nonviolent dispute resolution;
(6) take a proactive, strategic approach in the development of policies that promote national and international conflict prevention, nonviolent intervention, mediation, peaceful resolution of conflict, and structured mediation of conflict;
(7) address matters both domestic and international in scope; and
(8) encourage the development of initiatives from local communities, religious groups, and non governmental organizations.

SEC. 104. OFFICE OF PEACE EDUCATION AND TRAINING.
(a) IN GENERAL.—There shall be in the Department an Office of Peace Education and Training, the head of which shall be the Assistant Secretary for Peace Education and Training. The Assistant Secretary for Peace Education and Training shall carry out those functions of the Department relating to the creation, encouragement, and impact of peace education and training at the elementary, secondary, university, and postgraduate levels, including the development of a Peace Academy.

SEC. 109. OFFICE OF PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE AND NON VIOLENT CONFLICT RESOLUTION.
(a) IN GENERAL.—There shall be in the Department an Office of Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution, the head of which shall be the Assistant Secretary for Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution. The Assistant Secretary for Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution shall carry out those functions in the Department affecting research and analysis relating to creating, initiating, and modeling approaches to peaceful coexistence and nonviolent conflict resolution.

See less See more
#2 ·
"The Assistant Secretary for Peaceful Coexistence and Nonviolent Conflict Resolution shall carry out those functions in the Department affecting research and analysis relating to creating, initiating, and modeling approaches to peaceful coexistence and nonviolent conflict resolution."

Could this be code for..."Let the U.N. rule the world, and by the way, take away all guns...for your safety and mine!"???
:hand1::hand1::comeandgetsome::scruntiny: :comeandgetsome::rant::comeandgetsome::twak: :comeandgetsome::aargh4::comeandgetsome::banned:

#6 ·
Did you hear their official song yet?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Someone's singin', Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
Kumbaya.

#11 ·
Might be that I'm tired or burnt out from exams this last week, but I don't understand what this has to do with the Second Amendment. Could someone explain it to me?

-B

#12 ·
Might be that I'm tired or burnt out from exams this last week, but I don't understand what this has to do with the Second Amendment. Could someone explain it to me?
-B
The Deaprtment of Peace is the law that will allow a liberal Supreme Court to reinterpret the second ammendment. After that this law would be the legal means to confiscate HandGuns in the name of peace. There are also portions of this bill that could lead to Re-Education of Gun Owners, and a Department that is big enough to rival the military.

#15 ·
That is the trick with writing laws, you keep your overall goals covered, but then when the law is implemented you can go soooo much farther with just a few words in the law. The more detailed you make a law the more you tie the hands of the enforcers, and the more it jeapordizes your re-election.

30 pages to lay out a Department the size of DOD, there are volumes they can scribble into DOP after it is passed and they have left the door wide open to do it. They will never field a law saying "BAN ALL GUNS" they will pass small laws here and there banning certain types of ammo that travels more than 600MPH because it is too fast for a cop to hear coming, or have all guns and bullets microstamped so they can track them with the real goal of making ot way too expensive to own a gun.

#22 ·
But department SOP isn't law. Their mission statement is vague, granted, and silly, but they're not stating anything in there that would break the law, including anything at all to do with guns. You seem more worried about passage of new laws, like banning certain types of ammunition or microstamping, than creation of a department. When you write to your Congresscritters, don't say "they could grab guns!" because they can't do any such thing. Write to them saying "this is an idiotic waste of my tax dollars and I want none of it".

I'll sit down later tonight or tomorrow and actually read the whole bill. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.

-B

#17 ·
It seems real, this is from Kucinich's House website:

On September 14, 2005 Congressman Kucinich introduced H.R. 3760 (first introduced July 11, 2001) a bill to create a Cabinet-level Department of Peace and Nonviolence which embodies a broad-based approach to peaceful, non-violent conflict resolution at both domestic and international levels. The Department of Peace and Nonviolence would serve to promote non-violence as an organizing principle in our society, and help to create the conditions for a more peaceful world.
This is just so off the wall it seems like a bad movie or cut episode of The Twilight Zone.

#18 ·
This reads just exactly like the 1930's and early 1940's from Hilter and Nazis Germany.

Did you know the USA 1968 Gun Control Act (which we did not and do not need and infringes on the SECOND AMENDMENT) came from the 1930's and early 1940's from Hilter and Nazis Germany.

One World Government and Global Economy.

This Peace ".... ...." is part of and the same as above.

#20 ·
Sounds like the Department of Rolling Over with the motto "Peace for our Time." I've noticed that this election cycle has been disturbingly devoid of discussions about:

US Sovereignty

2nd Amendment Rights

1st Amendment Rights

#30 ·
I've noticed that this election cycle has been disturbingly devoid of discussions about:

US Sovereignty

2nd Amendment Rights

1st Amendment Rights
That is because none of those are issues. The issues are national security and taxes, as is the same for every election. No one is trying to take away any rights and certainly no one is suggesting abdicating US sovereignty. Though if you only get your world view from this forum I would understand why you might feel that way.

#21 ·
#24 ·
Wouldn't this be an ironic windfall...Joe the Plumber defeats Kucinich the Mouse for a congressional seat?
Joe has gotten a multi-million dollars worth of advertisement, I hope he really does make use of it.

Go Joe...in Ohio!:hand10:

#25 ·
Article says he'd be running against Rep. Marcy Kaptur.

-B

#32 ·
If I scream loud enough, maybe it'll wake me up and I'll realize that was a nightmare, maybe ...

#36 ·
I went to a local festival today and saw a booth that was put up by the 'Green Party'. I saw they had a 'Department of Peace' bumper sticker amongst about 50 other wierd bumper stickers.
What a wierd whacko political party.

#38 ·
DHS just needs to go away.

Keep ICE parts, but put all in ONE uniform, call them all Border Agents, they can do all 3 jobs, provides flexibility and more on the spot response. Add more personnel if required but "close" the Borders, better word "seal" the Borders.

FAM's let the fly.

The rest, thank you for your service, have a nice day.

Put the Border Agents and FAM's under the U.S. Attorney General, same as U.S. Marshall Service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.