Are guns the last straw?

Are guns the last straw?

This is a discussion on Are guns the last straw? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been thinking about the impending doom that is Obama and wanted everyones opinion. If Obama aggresively pursues gun & ammuntion registration, taxation, bans ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are guns the last straw?

Are guns the last straw?

I have been thinking about the impending doom that is Obama and wanted everyones opinion. If Obama aggresively pursues gun & ammuntion registration, taxation, bans CC will that be the spark that would lead to seccession? It seems like I saw something about a Montana legislator writing a bill for secession if the Heller case came out the wrong way. The basis was something like ' the right to carry/have a gun was a requirement for Montana to join the union' I believe that gun registration & confiscation is my line in the sand for support of seccesion? I know I'm probably a nutjob and I could be wrong about even hearing that story.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

having a ban on guns, or a confiscation of guns is the least of my worries moving forward.

Its not going to happen. Now, can new regulations be passed? Sure and it would suck. But a gun confiscation? nope, never going to happen.

But just to answer your question. No, that would not be my line in the sand. I have many issues that interest me and that have great value. There are many issues that I weigh in regards to political decisions.

You may have been thinking of Montana and the National ID? I haven't heard about the succession deal over firearms though. Gun confiscation? A massive undertaking indeed, but I won't ever totally rule out the possibility. Guns the last straw? You bet. Without them the people have no power. They go...everything else goes too.

Senior Moderator
    I'm in my sixties...I don't think I'll see gun confiscation...tax, more costly permits, perhaps. Taking away my CCW permit? That would be a tough sell in the South.
    OK, let's dust off those grey uniforms and rebel flags...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I'm guessing ammo is the next ban. It just might be the loophole around the Second Amendment.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm in my sixties...I don't think I'll see gun confiscation...tax, more costly permits, perhaps. Taking away my CCW permit? That would be a tough sell in the South.
    OK, let's dust off those grey uniforms and rebel flags...

Ditto...and I expect to see AWB.

Rick

I know that is a fear on gun forums, but I think the Dems have bigger fish to fry: health care, Social Security, taxation, Iraq pull out, energy policy.

Quote Originally Posted by drs1457 View Post
    I know that is a fear on gun forums, but I think the Dems have bigger fish to fry: health care, Social Security, taxation, Iraq pull out, energy policy.
    All the more reason to defeat them!
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

DC Founder
    I don't believe a State could secede, even if they wanted to. Even if there was a "Montana legislator writing a bill for secession", it wouldn't happen. It's probably a state legislator wanting some notoriety.

There's a much better chance of him getting impeached should he ever get the opportunity to force some of these issues on us. And some Democrats would be there to help do it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    I don't believe a State could secede, even if they wanted to...
    Bumper,

See last weeks release by Arizona of 'H.R. 2034'...

REFERENCE TITLE: abolish federal government; state sovereignty

State of Arizona ¦
    ¦ House of Representatives ¦
    ¦ Forty-fourth Legislature ¦
    ¦ Second Regular Session ¦
    ¦ 2000 ¦
    ¦ ¦
    ¦ ¦
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ¦ HCR 2034 ¦
    ¦ Introduced by ¦
    ¦ Representatives Johnson, Cooley ¦

A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

PROPOSING THE DISSOLUTION OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IF CERTAIN CONDITIONS OCCUR.

Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the State of Arizona, the Senate concurring:

1. That when or if the President of the United States, the Congress of the United States or any other federal agent or agency declares the Constitution of the United States to be suspended or abolished, if the President or any other federal entity attempts to institute martial law or its equivalent without an official declaration in one or more of the states without the consent of that state or if any federal order attempts to make it unlawful for individual Americans to own firearms or to confiscate firearms, the State of Arizona, when joined by thirty-four of the other fifty states, declares as follows: that the states resume all state powers delegated by the Constitution of the United States and assume total sovereignty; that the states re-ratify and re-establish the present Constitution of the United States as the charter for the formation of a new federal government, to be followed by the election of a new Congress and President and the reorganization of a new judiciary, similarly following the precedent and procedures of the founding fathers; that individual members of the military return to their respective states and report to the Governor until a new President is elected; that each state assume a negotiated, prorated share of the national debt; that all land within the borders of a state belongs to the state until sold or ceded to the central government by the state's Legislature and Governor; and that once thirty-five states have agreed to form a new government, each of the remaining fifteen be permitted to join the new confederation on application.

2. That the Secretary of State of the State of Arizona transmit copies of this Resolution to the President of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and each Member of Congress from the State of Arizona.

Source - HCR2034 - 442R - I Ver
    - America
    Last edited by Janq; October 30th, 2008 at 01:51 AM.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Administrator
    The boiler slowly heats up, the idle brains just sit there unaware of whats going on around them.

Here we go boys and girls! No guns wont be the final straw, but it will let us know that we just got cooked.
    "Just blame Sixto"

1943 - 2009
    I don't believe a State could secede, even if they wanted to. Even if there was a "Montana legislator writing a bill for secession", it wouldn't happen. It's probably a state legislator wanting some notoriety.
    That is correct, it never happened. Montana never threatened to secede, either over the Heller case or the Real ID Act.

What really happened was that before Heller was decided, a letter to the editor was published in the Washington Times from the Montana Secretary of State. The Secretary said that, in his opinion, a Supreme Court ruling against Heller would violate Montana's statehood contract. There was no talk of secession.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

i thought there was some confiscation of evil rifles in commie fornia. correct me if i am wrong.

If a President or a Congress plays fast-and-loose with any part of the Constitution it is a cause for great concern. The attitude of a willingness to do so displays more about a person's character than any amount of scripted speeches can obscure.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

There's a much better chance of him getting impeached should he ever get the opportunity to force some of these issues on us. And some Democrats would be there to help do it....
    Actually several states have it written into their constitution to secede if and when the Federal Government declares martial law. Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho (I may be wrong on one) and a few others.
    One guess as to which state would actually follow through with that though.
    Rule of Honor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links