Obama Victory Means ‘Stronger Support for Sensible Gun Laws’

This is a discussion on Obama Victory Means ‘Stronger Support for Sensible Gun Laws’ within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; CNSNews.com - Obama Victory Means ?Stronger Support for Sensible Gun Laws?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Victory Means ‘Stronger Support for Sensible Gun Laws’

Obama Victory Means ‘Stronger Support for Sensible Gun Laws’

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Now that the election is over, it is amazing how accurate news stories are.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

What is a gun-store ban near a school or park gonna do?

Oh, look Timmy, a gunstore, we just got out of middle-school, lets go buy one? Uh... no...

And camping is a great time to be armed, never know whats gonna jump out and attack you, human or not!

I really must say that alot of this stuff scares me, and I'm very glad democrats didn't get the 60 needed in the Senate.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveLFF View Post
    I really must say that alot of this stuff scares me, and I'm very glad democrats didn't get the 60 needed in the Senate.
    Well, without strong leadership in the Senate, it ain't gonna matter no how.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Oklahoma now has a Republican controlled Senate...I do not think gun laws will change here.

What needs to be understood is that the Executive branch does not change the gun laws. They can lean a particular direction...and gun carry in parks would be an example...but changing the laws is another story entirely.

I also don't think the Republicans are going to fall on the sword over AWB...they will save their negotiating power for other major areas such as SCOTUS nominees.

Rick

Too many of these guns have been slipping out at night reeking havoc on the little uns while we sleep. I have resorted to locking mine in a safe. So they cannot get out. [sarcasm off]

There are many ways that an executive order can affect gun owners. With a sweep of a pen all Military surplus returns will be gone. Good by to CMP guns. And all the history of the Garand and Carbine will be gone to the crusher and lost forever. Also military surplus cheap ammo. By edict. All can be gone with the stroke of a pen.

Yes... the AWB will be one of those things that they can accomplish that doesn't cost money. I expect them to go for some of these fairly early since they can then say they "accomplished something" without spending any money.

Oh, look Timmy, a gunstore, we just got out of middle-school, lets go buy one? Uh... no...

And camping is a great time to be armed, never know whats gonna jump out and attack you, human or not!

He has proposed a 5 mile buffer zone between any school or park and a gun store.
    That would close down most gun stores in any city that I have ever been to. Where I live gun stores would only be allowed in the country. they would probably use this to close down gunsmiths located in towns also.

Michael

EW3
    You do realize what the intent of this kind of ban is? To create gun free "zones" that overlap and make it virtually impossible to operate a gun shop in most towns and cities. It's pretty insidious actually.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    He has proposed a 5 mile buffer zone between any school or park and a gun store.
    That would close down most gun stores in any city that I have ever been to. Where I live gun stores would only be allowed in the country. they would probably use this to close down gunsmiths located in towns also.

Michael
    And where was this proposed please...the reason I ask is if it was at a ILL state level, I could understand. I do not believe he can Prez edict this for national implementation. He would be treading into State rights to govern.

Rick

It has been widely reported that as a state senator he said he supported a Federal legislation of this ban.

The feds have used blackmail in the past to get state to pass laws, remember the 55 mph speed limits? That was done by threatening to withhold funds until the states gave in.

Michael

Gun owners seem to be far more gullable than I once believed. I cannot believe that people who support 2A rights would even think twice about supporting a candidate from Chicago, but I guess a bunch must have.

The people get what they deserve.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    Gun owners seem to be far more gullable than I once believed. I cannot believe that people who support 2A rights would even think twice about supporting a candidate from Chicago, but I guess a bunch must have.

The people get what they deserve.
    I would respectfully argue that none of us deserved the economic and cultural beating we've all taken in the last 8 years.

If we're going to have progress we'll all have to take a part.

I'm optimistic; I think we can.

Up until a few months ago, that low unemployment rate and super low interest rates really beat everyone up.

They went out and bought houses they couldn't afford, ran up credit cards living the high life and now have to pay the piper.

No one took a beating for 8 years.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    Up until a few months ago, that low unemployment rate and super low interest rates really beat everyone up.

They went out and bought houses they couldn't afford, ran up credit cards living the high life and now have to pay the piper.

No one took a beating for 8 years.
    +1! Though there is enough blame to go around (consumers and government). Just look back two short years. Compare economic conditions, employment and gas prices. Once those figures get into your head, pull up the congressional roster and look at the initials after people's names (D, R, or I). After that, pull up Fannie and Fredie. Follow the money and draw your own conclusions.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

responce to rigger

We didn't take a real beating until the liberals took over congress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links