Defensive Carry banner

Ex DC Mayor Robbed At Gunpoint

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  dpesec 
#1 ·
Former District Of Columbia Mayor Marion Barry was robbed at gunpoint by youths who helped him carry his groceries to his apartment.

My oh my, how could this happen? We all know DC is a gun-free zone.

Can you spell "poetic justice"?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10663267/

#2 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I can't believe that those youth thugs dis-obeyed gun control laws! What is the world coming to?

#3 ·
Yeah, our favorite crack smoking ex-mayor will probably blame the gun and not the kid....It should be noted that Marion Barry was convicted of smoking crack with a prostitute and was also reelected by the fair citizens of that den of iniquity (DC) forthwith. I guess they could all identify with his pain....I don't recall how he was eventually removed from office....

#7 ·
Captain Crunch said:
Former District Of Columbia Mayor Marion Barry was robbed at gunpoint by youths who helped him carry his groceries to his apartment.

My oh my, how could this happen? We all know DC is a gun-free zone.

Can you spell "poetic justice"?
The kids weren't after his money, they were after his coke!! :rofl:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

#10 ·
He has already called for "more gun control" how about more felon control?

#11 ·
rocky said:
Sad thing is he probably will not see this as a reason to change his views on gun ownership.
Nope, he will blame the guns for corrupting the kids.

While he was Mayor I was living in DC, it was unreal. The sad thing was that he was so corrupt, and yet he was the only one that could get anything done in the town. :aargh4:

#16 ·
srfl said:
....and I'm sure some politico in D.C. is going to scream that the gun probably came from FL!
No we in Virginia will take the blame, like usual. Oh and here is a quote from Berry in the Washington Post.

"There is a sort of an unwritten code in Washington, among the underworld and the hustlers and these other guys, that I am their friend," Barry said at an afternoon news conference in which he described the robbery in detail. "I don't advocate what they do. I advocate conditions to change what they do. I was a little hurt that this betrayal did happen."

Sad really. Oh and you all are calling him a coke head. He was using crack and was with a whore at the time. :)

#17 ·
PHP:
He was using crack and was with a whore at the time. :)
Funny quote from that incident..."The bitch set me up"
That's right mr. mayor, she made you do the crack and break numerous laws.

#19 ·
RSSZ

You are correct in your assessment of the former mayor's fourth term being after he was arrested during his third term for the drug thing. I also heard recently he had some troubles for not filing tax returns back around the 2000 time frame.

#21 ·
If I were a wagering man, I'd say that His ex-Honor will find a way to get approval to have a concealed firearm in DC for himself from now on, just like Senator Feinstein reputedly does.

Can you say "hypocrite," boys and girls? Sure, I knew you could.

#24 ·
gregarat said:
The real story is....

Marion Barry wanted a ten rock. After inspecting the mercendice, he noticed that the rock crumbled in his hand!!!

Thats how Marion Barry was realy "robbed":wink: .
You might be right. I just heard on Fox the Hizhorror tested positive for crack.
Who says justice doesn't happen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.