Change.gov/Agenda/Urban Policy: MERGED

This is a discussion on Change.gov/Agenda/Urban Policy: MERGED within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks for posting it ExSoldier. I knew this was coming for a while now. I would like to know what we could do to stop ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change.gov/Agenda/Urban Policy: MERGED

Thanks for posting it ExSoldier. I knew this was coming for a while now. I would like to know what we could do to stop it but with the Dems controlling congress and the White House, I don't see much hope.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

All we have to do is to hang on for 2 years. Remember when they tried this in 1994? I'm just a little bit worried at the damage they can do in the mean time.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Hopefully the memories of what happened last time has not been forgotten by the current occupants...

The real question is how they (the Dems) will address all of the issues wanting their attention. We, as a group, are rightfully worried about 2A matters, but that has to be pretty low on the radar right now, with the economy and world affairs as they are.

I think the right question might be how the Dems will approach the first Session. They have a couple of options, and any derivation thereof:

One: Build consensus by attacking the matters that are least likely to create partisan divisions after Obama is sworn in. For example, Economic stimulus, minor tax reform issues or minor technical tax corrections. They'll use this to test and refine their consensus building abilities.

Two: Forget consensus, and the Dems go for the "Big One" to show they run the country. They do a cram down on some major issue or two. For example, Universal Health Care, major tax reform, or some major economic reform.

Personally, I think they'll skip Two and try One, and barring a failure, will continue following that model. Ya gotta remember that there are a lot of Blue Dog Democrats that will not buy into a lot of Pelosi and Reid style programs, and thus the Democrats will work on building coalitions and power base before they over-reach on something like 2A.

Just my .02, but I don't think they'll want to have a "knock-down drag out" early on 2A because there is too much at risk. They may be Democrats, but they ain't stupid.

I just tried to follow the link from the OP to their site and there was nothing there. I searched GUN and FIREARM and 2nd ammendment. Nothing came up. Did they put that up for only a few hours?
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Nevermind. I found it it through another post. Wish I had extra money to stock up with.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Sergent Mac
    A hair's breadth from "Henry Bowman" angry.
    SOOOOO...........Have you been out scouting for your local hog farms yet????????????????????????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links