Change.gov/Agenda/Urban Policy: MERGED

This is a discussion on Change.gov/Agenda/Urban Policy: MERGED within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; CRIME AND LAW ENFORCEMENT Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change.gov/Agenda/Urban Policy: MERGED

CRIME AND LAW ENFORCEMENT

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Source - Urban Policy | Change.gov
    - Obama, Biden, Pelosi & Assoc.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

It will get uglier. We need to be supporting and communicating with our Representatives and Senators now, before the [Edited] starts flying around DC.

Build a relationship now, so your communications will have more import later.

Money never hurts either.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 7th, 2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

maybe if you become part of the civilian task force you can keep your weapons. They might even issue you one.
    Sarcasm off

More lies. The Tiahrt amendment does not stop police from getting trace information but it does stop Mayors from getting it. Bloomburg and other mayors want the amendment gone so they can use trace info to harrass gun owners and legal gun dealers.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I happened upon this earlier today, and it made me angry.

VERY angry.

A hair's breadth from "Henry Bowman" angry.

I really shouldn't even TRY to discuss my thoughts on this foolish, foolish policy yet.

Dang it, what can I sell to get $1,600 for an AR?

I got 4 kids, WTT 1 kid for an AR-15 (I AM KIDDING, don't get mad)
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    The next AWB, 'closing gun show loophole' & child safety will just be the first steps.........

Don't forget BO & the rest of his 'looters' are from the most anti gun city in the USA (Chicago!).

(the 'looters' courtesy: Western Rifle Shooters Association: Spartacus: Distant Early Warnings)
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

"They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.
    "

The last part of this statement scares me since their hasn't been an actual battleground in the current war - it takes place on the streets. God forbid it ever happens here, but the streets are now considered a battlefield.

and making guns in this country childproof
    In other words inoperable to any human being or dismantled so that you have to beg for time from the BG to put it together to defend yourself.
    NRA Member

Before I go puke, I just want to thank all the gun owners that voted for Obama.

Thank you for foisting this piece of human fecal matter upon us.

Biker

Exclamation Some Details on What "sensible" means to President elect Obama

Just got this from Marion Hammer's group (Unified Sportsmen of Florida).

ALERT-Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before Final Vote Count Is In

NRA-ILA :: "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

NRA-ILA :: "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

"Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"-- Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

Copyright 2008, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action. This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

interesting

i like this post but me thinks mr. admin will not.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Question ???

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    i like this post but me thinks mr. admin will not.
    Don't see why not. Straight correlation with the 2nd Amendment. I didn't even word it myself, came from NRA-ILA, via Unified Sportsmen of Florida (Marion Hammer -- former NRA President)
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

well

If the made me king I'd be totaly in favor. just thinking your pushing the edge a bit. but I did really engoy the information here. Thanks
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

We have known all along what his intentions were towards firearms and gun ownership,he seems to think in his fantasy world if he bans guns then all crime will cease.I get a sick feeling in my stomache everytime I hear or read Obama and I don't think he can make a law that can't be repealed down the road.He might ban so called assault rifles today but in 4 years with the right candidate voted in, it gets kicked back out.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links