Some counties in Il are trying!!

This is a discussion on Some counties in Il are trying!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My old county, and it's neighbor had concealed carry on the ballots this past week. Though they can't single handedly get cc for the Obama ...

Thread: Some counties in Il are trying!!

My old county, and it's neighbor had concealed carry on the ballots this past week. Though they can't single handedly get cc for the Obama laden state of IL, some citizens are trying. Ogle county passed, Winnebago did not. Here is a link to the Rockford Register Star.
    I thought the different views were interesting. Seems the sheep there in IL are sheep of the purist and dumbest kind.

I wrote a letter to the editor, and they called last night to verify my info so they can print it this week. Hopefully, I can post it here.

County should heed voters? voice: No concealed carry - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Good to hear that they are trying. I guess not all there have been brain washed into a false sense of security.

VIP Member
    It's good they have decided to try, but I'd say they are probably wasting their time. CC will have to be a state wide thing, and it will never pass in the Chicago area as long as Daley and his buddy's are alive. Once a freedom is surrendered, it is very seldom recovered.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Good luck, Daisy, in getting your letter printed. Let us know when it does hit the print.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    It's good they have decided to try, but I'd say they are probably wasting their time. CC will have to be a state wide thing, and it will never pass in the Chicago area as long as Daley and his buddy's are alive. Once a freedom is surrendered, it is very seldom recovered.
    Maybe.....however they do have a pending lawsuit in Chicago(not CC though), along with pending incorporation cases there and CA, makes it ripe for some kind of a carry lawsuit, since carry is banned in many parts of the state, open or concealed. It can be done though, although I agree Chicago is the only reason they don't have it now.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Good luck with it all. I hope you all turn the tide before it's too late. Keep up the good work!

Sponsored Links