I just joined the NRA, what else can we do?

This is a discussion on I just joined the NRA, what else can we do? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I kept putting it off, just did it 5 min ago,...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just joined the NRA, what else can we do?

I just joined the NRA, what else can we do?

I kept putting it off, just did it 5 min ago,

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Do your best to contribute to NRA/ILA and NRA/PVF. They are the lobbying and campaigning arms of the NRA. Try to get as many friends, relatives and coworkers to join. There's strength in numbers.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Do your best to contribute to NRA/ILA and NRA/PVF. They are the lobbying and campaigning arms of the NRA. Try to get as many friends, relatives and coworkers to join. There's strength in numbers.
    I think this is it, I mentioned it in another thread. Money is power, this election should prove it beyond anything.
    What Would Gumby Do?

I joined the morning after the election. Now I am working on getting others to join. Not sure what else one man can do.

SIgn up for the NRA/ILA email list. Then when they put out a bulletin that some bill is being voted on, immediately contact your representatives and senators and let them know your position.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Be a good ambassador. Study up, have the right calm collected answers and present yourself as an educated calm individual.

Thank you for joining the NRA.

I have been a member since Junior High School, then when had my first semi-steady job bought my Life membership.

Join the NRA, SAF, GOA, SAS, and JPFO - send money to all when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    These are all great recommendations. The NRA-PVF sent me an email a couple of weeks ago to help support our Attorney General here in PA. It was for a breakfast about a week before the election. He is pro 2A and did get reelected. There is some talk about him running for Governor in '10. I'm thinking about doing what I can in the way of volunteering on his campaign if he chooses to run.

The NRA is good about emailing about ways to support local politicians who are pro 2A. The key is to act on their advice. I usually take it a step further and let all my friends know who are 2A supporters so they can get involved.

Getting involved does work. That was one of the lessons learned in the last Presidential election.

I just joined again after letting it lapse for years. The next two years might be scary.

I went to life member status and my baby sis just e-mailed that she's just joined -- both because of the recent election.
    All preceding suggestions are excellent.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

What else can we do?

Joining the organizations is a great first step. The next step is to be involved in the process of your government. Too many people believe that their membership in the NRA, GOA, etc., takes care of thier duty to protect their rights as gun owners and citizens. Just like many believe that voting for president once every four years takes care of their need to be involved in government. We must become involved in a dialogue with our legislators. Here on this board we are concerned with 2A rights, but it is our duty as citizens to be involved in all the workings of the government. By the end of next year the staff at the offices of your representatives in government should recognize your letters when they arrive. We have to keep on them all the time about everything. Our 2A rights will mean little if we let them continue to bankrupt the country, and do all the other things that are turning us from the proud, strong, independent nation we should be into just another has been on the world power scene.

We gave congress their lowest approval rating ever, yet the majority of incombents were re-elected. We have to wake up and get involved. The politicians have no fear of their constituents, they believe they hold the power of government, not the people. The more you get involved on 2A and all issues the more power the people have, and the more you will really know what your representatives do. I voted against my pro-2A legislators because they failed me in every other area of their job at representing me. That means they don't listen. That means their pro-2A stance is just a convenience and when it comes time that they will gain power in some back-room deal, my 2A rights could be sold down the road just like anything else.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post
    Join Gun Owners of America too! Gun Owners of America
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

New NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post

Me too. I just signed up about 5 min ago. I was a member 25 years ago and never felt the need to keep it going. I have a renewed interest i what they stand for. Just so happens that I agree with lots of their positions.

Bob

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I have been debating this very thing. Then I read some piece of propaganda that makes me have ill will. (that is what propaganda is intended to do I guess.) The most recent article was "Has the NRA lost it's clout"

I just became a life member...and, I'm buying lots of extra ammo.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links