Where the anti crowd gathers...

This is a discussion on Where the anti crowd gathers... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Guys : Where Everyone's a Straight Shooter! This blog is the rabid ultra left. You have been warned....

Thread: Where the anti crowd gathers...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Where the anti crowd gathers...

Gun Guys : Where Everyone's a Straight Shooter!

This blog is the rabid ultra left. You have been warned.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Gun Guys : Where Everyone's a Straight Shooter!

This blog is the rabid ultra left. You have been warned.
    If I thought those people would listen to logic and facts I would go there and argue with them. But, they have a (to my way of thinking) ridiculous world-view (and mindset to boot), so that logic and facts get twisted beyond belief. Anyway my head is already about to explode over Obamanation getting elected...I got enough of this stuff already!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Gun Guys eh? Another misleading group that posts Brady Campaign stuff up under disguise of being a Gun owners group. Actually a group named Freedom States Alliance who's method of "reducing gun deaths and violence" is to outlaw your guns.

* Our Mission
    * Gun Violence Epidemic
    * Affiliates
    * Our Plan
    * Highlights
    * Why Support FSA

Freedom States Alliance is a national non-profit organization working to free Americans from gun violence. Our focus is to reduce gun-related deaths and injuries through public awareness campaigns and by providing technical assistance and support to grassroots organizations.

The Freedom States Alliance is calling on you to join our growing movement of passionate and committed advocates who are working to reduce gun violence in America. An investment in the Freedom States Alliance is an investment in our mission to save lives!

Please join us today!

Our Mission
    FSA is actively changing the way America thinks about guns in order to build and strengthen the grassroots movement to reduce gun violence. We believe that all Americans deserve to live in a country free from the fear, threat, and devastation caused by gun violence--each one of us deserves to be safe in our homes, schools, and communities. By organizing supporters, sponsoring Internet and public education campaigns and bringing new resources to the movement on behalf of gun violence prevention organizations, the Freedom States alliance is reframing and redefining public perceptions of the gun issue.

Our mission is to:

* strengthen the efforts of state groups working to reduce gun violence and bring new resources and diversified funding to the movement;
    * galvanize new momentum and attention to this issue by expanding our network of concerned citizens and grassroots supporters; and
    * change attitudes about guns through media outreach and efforts.

Freedom States Alliance believes more needs to be done, and can be done, to reduce gun violence in our country. It is imperative to educate the public and shed light on the real and overwhelming problem of gun violence in our communities. We must use a comprehensive approach by changing policy, modifying personal behavior, challenging cultural norms, sustaining a long term public education effort, winning the message and public perception war, and mobilizing a broad base of supporters at the grassroots level.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    "A Nation Gone Gun Crazy: Young Children Shooting Machine Guns and Other Weapons Embroiled In Gun Culture’s Dark Side"

hmmmm first time I knew I had moved to the dark side. Need to get me a Darth Vader outfit me thinks
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

While I'll admit that there is merit to the concept of "know your enemy" I think that in the coming years we can do the most good for our cause by reaching out to those who are 'on the fence' rather than trying to convert those who are already rabidly anti-gun. The more we can do to promote the idea that gun ownership (whether for sport, hunting or defense) is as 'American as apple pie' the better off we'll all be.

Brian

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Benthic View Post
    While I'll admit that there is merit to the concept of "know your enemy" I think that in the coming years we can do the most good for our cause by reaching out to those who are 'on the fence' rather than trying to convert those who are already rabidly anti-gun. The more we can do to promote the idea that gun ownership (whether for sport, hunting or defense) is as 'American as apple pie' the better off we'll all be.
    I agree 100%. The only thing you could do to "swing" the hardcore anti-gun people would be to figure out a way o stigmatize them as they have tried, with some success, to do to us.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I don't read their BS, I don't debate those who support them...move on with life!

Stay armed...always...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

wpk
    Not sure who originated the quote but: "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

"America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Interestingly, I think we can find common ground with Freedom States Alliance immediately. The fact is, we all want to "reduce gun violence". The big question is - what are the best methods to accomplish that task? The debate needs to happen, so we need folks on our side who can argue intelligently and forcefully about things like the merits of CC for honest, law-abiding citizens.

One more good reason to support the NRA.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by wpk View Post
    Not sure who originated the quote but: "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
    Excellent example...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    Gun Guys eh?
    * change attitudes about guns through media outreach and efforts.

Freedom States Alliance believes more needs to be done, and can be done, to reduce gun violence in our country. It is imperative to educate the public and shed light on the real and overwhelming problem of gun violence in our communities. We must use a comprehensive approach by changing policy, modifying personal behavior, challenging cultural norms, sustaining a long term public education effort, winning the message and public perception war, and mobilizing a broad base of supporters at the grassroots level.[/I]
    Wow, that sounds so admirable. I'm so impressed!
    I'll bet though that they expend no energy or funds to make sure violent criminals serve out their sentences so that they do not return to the streets to commit more violence against the law abiding public. I also wonder what their view is on the death sentence for murderers and serial kilers is?
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Interestingly, I think we can find common ground with Freedom States Alliance immediately. The fact is, we all want to "reduce gun violence". The big question is - what are the best methods to accomplish that task? The debate needs to happen, so we need folks on our side who can argue intelligently and forcefully about things like the merits of CC for honest, law-abiding citizens.

One more good reason to support the NRA.

-
    I think you may be right... if their intent is truly to end gun violence, vs being set on ending guns. Some of the members will be open to discussion. The org itself along with some of the members... I would guess not so much. They probably just want guns to go away and can't or won't see the logical reason for guns to exist in civilian hands.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

For a long time, they denied that the cash originated from the Joyce Foundation, given to the Mark Karlin PR ad agency, which then funded Freedom States Alliance, which in turn funds Gun Guys, 50 cal terror, and an assortment of other whack-job sensationalist websites. GunGuys are their most high profile effort, the idea of "pretending to be gun owners, but parodying them" makes them an "onion" of sorts to the left.

LOL you could go to the Joyce Foundation where they declared the whole thing ... this was a couple years ago. The gun guys are such a bunch of liars, you can send them a URL that lists their website as supported by (x), and they will deny that they get money. If they can't be honest about how they are funded, how can they be honest about anything else?

The truth is, anti-gun websites cannot exist on the internet without paid bloggers. Whereas there are a million pro-gun websites that are fueled by passion, not special interest dollars. If the gun guys had their Joyce Foundation dollars dried up, they'd be offline in five seconds.

Links