Time To Go To Work

This is a discussion on Time To Go To Work within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We all know people, friends, acquaintences, associates, etc., who are anti-gun, not because they have a political agenda or are ideologically against guns, but are ...

Thread: Time To Go To Work

Time To Go To Work

We all know people, friends, acquaintences, associates, etc., who are anti-gun, not because they have a political agenda or are ideologically against guns, but are simply uninformed.

I believe that it is now time for all of us who believe in our Second Amendment right to own and carry a gun to take every possible opportunity that presents itself to try to convert the uninformed.

It would be nice if we can get them to shoot with us, and, even better, to get a CCW license and start to carry. But, that is not necessary. It is enough if we can get them to simply change their view and understand that guns are not bad, and to appreciate what the Second Amendment is all about.

We have all read posts on just this Forum about how many of us have, from time to time, been successful in converting an anti-gun indiividual.

Just imagine what the result would be if each gun owner in this country actually converted only one person who had previously been anti-gun.

As gun owners, we need to become proactive in assisting groups, such as the NRA, JPFO, and others. They can't do it alone.

I believe that we will, over the next several years, be facing a Second Amendment crisis in terms of gun control legislation, and we should not only be preaching to the choir, as we tend to do, but go on the offensive, which includes trying to change views by personal contact, and by writing letters to the editor, letters to our Federal and State legislators, and anything else that might be helpful.

I know that some of us believe that it is hopeless and we will just be wasting our time and energy. But, my experience has been quite different, and has convinced me that it is not hopeless, and that it is well worth the effort.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

2. Remove Ads

I agree Ron, every new gun/permit owner is a plus to the whole concept of the 2A.
    That's one reason I have no problem discussing (test the waters first) firearms at work...I work in a school.
    I have 'converted' six individuals who now either have their permits, or are planning to get them in the near future.

Stay armed...grow the CCW crowd...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links