Petition to our State representatives...

This is a discussion on Petition to our State representatives... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With regards to the Second Amendment. It is my goal to gather 100k registered voters signatures from every state of the union (minus only California ...

Thread: Petition to our State representatives...

Petition to our State representatives...

With regards to the Second Amendment.

It is my goal to gather 100k registered voters signatures from every state of the union (minus only California and Hawaii) to present within a day of inauguration to our new and current Senators and Congressmen/ women.
    It is my goal to preserve through legal means our Constitutionally granted absolute human rights of self defense through use of firearms.

I would appreciate all of the input possible and when the first draft has circulated, I would doubly appreciate as much assistance as is humanly possible with the circulation of this petition.
    I do have the first draft completed however, I am in need of review from some of our more dedicated members to review and comment on potential changes.

Please email me directly at jesse.mathewson@hotmail.com and preface the email with Second Amendment as I receive several hundred emails from various people daily.

Again thank you for your support J.
    Rule of Honor

2. Remove Ads

jesse, check your pm box...

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    That's a lofty goal. To do something like this, you would need serious organization. I would say it would only be possible with support from the NRA or similar groups. Or maybe Ron Paul

The point is though that you need money to do something on that scale.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    That's a lofty goal. To do something like this, you would need serious organization. I would say it would only be possible with support from the NRA or similar groups. Or maybe Ron Paul

The point is though that you need money to do something on that scale.
    I have sent a letter to Ron Paul as well.
    Currently we (a small group of us) have also been working on getting people to okay it prior to signatures.
    I would rather not deal with the NRA though I am not adverse to the idea of their input.
    I agree it is a lofty goal though I feel that we could in fact at least end up with 3 million signatures.
    The central idea is to utilize individual states and rally everyones state voter base to this.

It is an attainable goal, and if we all participate it will be much easier.
    Please email me as it is easier to send updates via group emails than by posting to the many forums that are available.
    Rule of Honor

Petition completed, if you want to assist with your own states, contact me directly. I am not rich, I am not asking for money, ALL I want - no- ALL WE the people need is for your help in getting signatures. Presenting this petition to congress is the truly EASY part. (especially since it will go individually to each congressman/ lady- and representative FIRST.) The small group of people I work with are already handling that part, now we need SIGNATURES from registered voters.

Will you help ?

And remember the idea is to make it from the people NOT big lobby.
    Rule of Honor

Ok the petition has an Online generally focused copy ( to Congress as a whole)

Click Here!
    Rule of Honor

I signed this, but noticed some grammatical errors....maybe you can revise?

"While we as citizens of this country understand that, there must be some laws; Our concern is that we will lose those rights fully at some point in the future. "

This should read: While we as citizens of this country understand that there must be some laws, our concern is that we will lose those rights fully at some point in the future.

Also, this is just a suggestion, but "esteemed Congressmen and women" may appear as though the Congresswomen are being slighted. I would use 'esteemed men and women of Congress'.

One other item that caught my attention. The phrase "...will not entertain in any way legislation that is contrary to current legislation allowing us these rights fully" leads me to think that with current laws, we have this right to its fullest extent. Its subjective, I know, but just a thought.

Just a few suggestions

I hope this goes far!

Im was nmbr 21 to sign...we need a lot more...
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

I too noticed the grammatical error's. I am willing to sign, but please correct the errors!

oh and thanks for putting this up!
    Eric

There were NO Guns used to take over the flights on 9-11, IT STILL HAPPENED

Wake up Americans - GUN CONTROL - Means WE LOOSE

Signed.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    We are not against possible mandates that would require better training and certification
    I am. Sorry.

Training requirements are an easy way for anti-gun people to make permits unattainable.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

My apologies for the grammatical errors. We verified legality and revised some of the wording to fit with the legal side, it will be revised (only grammatically) on the paper copy, unfortunately the Internet version does not allow it to be revised at this time.

Thank you and keep circulating it.

As for the wording that has worried several people, this is simply explained by pointing back to the opening statement "We, the people of these United States, hereby petition Congressmen and women to support the Second Amendment of our Constitution fully, and request that they not agree to nor sign any legislation that would intrude further upon those rights." as well as the following part "We are not against possible mandates that would require better training and certification, however, we are not willing to allow laws to be passed restricting what, and how we arm ourselves for that protection." and lastly this part "It is our sincerest desire that the esteemed Congressmen and women will not entertain in any way legislation that is contrary to current legislation allowing us these rights fully."

Though it seems we are inviting changes to be made, in effect we are signaling that we will stand for no changes being made at any point.
    Writing politically focused petitions (and the following bills) tend to be confusing at times.
    Please understand the focus of this petition is to awaken those of us who are not willing to actually "do" anything for their rights.
    I would encourage those who have signed to make this available to everyone around you, and encourage them to do the same. Please feel free to email me directly jesse.mathewson@hotmail.com for further information, also be aware that it is currently in 3 states in paper form and we are working on getting more out there.
    If you live outside of Arizona contact myself for information on who and how to go about publicizing this through local media outlets, as well as your neighbors and others around you that may not have Internet access.

My sincerest thanks to those of you who have signed the Internet version, and I truly hope to see over 1000 signatures before the week is up!

Jesse M
    Rule of Honor

Keep passing this around, the signatures are growing and we have several paper editions circulating as we speak. Your voice may not be heard legally for much longer take advantage of your freedoms and make your voice heard NOW...Please sign this petition and pass it around EVERYWHERE!

Also email me directly at jesse.mathewson@hotmail.com for a paper copy and how to get it circulated and sent in properly.
    Thanks!
    Rule of Honor

The first link is a petition to secure and keep safe our second Amendment rights, this means that you can continue to legally defend yourself and your family!
    FORWARD THIS ON TO EVERYONE...

PETITION

This next one is a special page to leave a comment for our new president, think long and hard, and remember if you support constitutional rights WRITE IT... it takes 30 seconds.

Leave Feedback for OBAMA!

Every single thing you do DOES and will continue to make a difference IF you do it, I see allot of talk here- but have yet to see as much walking being done.

Now is the time, make the right decision and legally do everything necessary-
    Rule of Honor

Links