AWB question....

This is a discussion on AWB question.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Under the new AWB (if it sees the light of day) would 1911 pistols be affected? The reason I ask is because I was considering ...

Thread: AWB question....

AWB question....

Under the new AWB (if it sees the light of day) would 1911 pistols be affected? The reason I ask is because I was considering getting one next year in March(birthday present to myself). I am torn between the Para-Ord LTC model or the Springfield Armory Lightweight Operator model. Are these good choices or no? I would use it for ccw.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Under the new AWB (if it sees the light of day) would 1911 pistols be affected?
    Nobody knows what the new AWB will actually include yet. If it is the same as the 1994 one then no.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

A new AWB? I don't think it will be as simple as the previous AWB if/when it happens. It will likely encompass a whole lot more than we can imagine at this point in time. In that case, anything is fair game. Only my opinion. Are you ready?

VIP Member
    One of the things that was being considered was a ban on ANY handgun with a capacity greater than 6 rounds.....If that is the case....then yes, a full size 1911 would be banned.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

NRA-ILA :: "Yes We Can . . . Ban Guns"--Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

VIP Member
    Depends on how it is written. If worded to the effect any weapon/ammunition designed for military/ LE use, the kiss the 1911 good bye. But also kiss most revolvers good bye also, most successful revolver designs were designed for the army and navy, doesn't matter that is was 100 years ago. This would also include the good old 30-06 rifles out there.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    If worded to the effect any weapon/ammunition designed for military/ LE use
    This would effectively ban all firearms useful for self-defense. Not happening. Besides, 2A specifically protects THESE weapons...that is the whole point! Otherwise why have the part about militias...oh, wait, right. That is there to show that it is a right of the government to have weapons, not a right of the people

Luckily the Supreme Court has already agreed with the rational interpretation of this (mostly).
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Links