It starts

This is a discussion on It starts within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Everyone knew that when Obama was elected our gun rights would deteriorate fast and its already starting just after 8 days. Not only all the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It starts

It starts

Everyone knew that when Obama was elected our gun rights would deteriorate fast and its already starting just after 8 days. Not only all the reports about guns sails going up to scare people but now this report

Local 10 Investigates Gun Law Loophole - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami (Watch the video on the right side)

It was on my local news last night. The are already trying to scare the public about CCW. They never once mention that crime actually droped since the law passed.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Everyone knew that when Obama was elected our gun rights would deteriorate fast and its already starting just after 8 days. Not only all the reports about guns sails going up to scare people but now this report

Local 10 Investigates Gun Law Loophole - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami (Watch the video on the right side)

It was on my local news last night. The are already trying to scare the public about CCW. They never once mention that crime actually droped since the law passed.

You actually expect the media to "report" the facts.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    (OffTopic:: Whats the small black pistol displaying before you click to start the video?)

Well, the media was sympathetic to his campaign, now that he's elected they will probably push his agenda on anti-gun sentiments as well.

They really don't waste any time though do they!

That reporter would really flip out when they found out that no class at all is required in GA
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    That reporter would really flip out when they found out that no class at all is required in GA
    Ditto for Mississippi. Complete notarized application with photo; pay your fee; get fingerprinted; wait 120 days; check mailbox; carry handgun. Pretty much the same for security guard gun permit except 180 day wait. But you do get a card so you can go to work right away.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

You will also notice that the "instructor" would like
    you to get more "training"
    I wonder who you will have to pay for this "Training"
    Oh! that right , the INSTRUCTOR
    looks like somebody's tying to use the press
    and the law to make money off of us ,again
    And who else is making money, the reporter,
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    What would the reporter say if made aware that president-elect Obama would be disqualified from acquiring a Georgia Firearm's License for admitted past drug use?
    Last edited by Scott; November 13th, 2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: unecessary name calling

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    (OffTopic:: Whats the small black pistol displaying before you click to start the video?)
    The perfect makings for a ND.

LOL...the crime watch segment...nice touch. They end with, "It is a little frightening..." Cherry on top.

Plenty of crime stats that show how often people w/o firearms are killed or beaten. Thats just par for the course.

1000s of FLA legal CC, what are the stats of the untrained legal citizens who CC hurting themselves.

Amazingly lower then the crime rate of those injured and unarmed.

If I recall correctly this same type pf stuff was slung around a few years back and it prevented the concealed carry law in Missouri from passing,I believe it did pass a while after that if I'm not mistaken on any of this. Now my point is that hysteria goes an awfully long way especially with the misinformed among us,who may not know enough about gun ownership and that facts and this could work against us.

We need to start writing our elected officials and yesterday at that and let them know how we feel. I've already started writing mine. We must let them know we don't want or need any more restrictions on law abiding gun owners. We also need to vote accordingly in two years and join the NRA because this is the best chance we have a maintaining our rights.

MGD
    Holy crap! lol I was in same class I took my concealed weapons course at...still watching the video...

I love how she didn't mention the instructor of that class talking about being "mentally prepared" for a situation and spoke about the need of extensive practicing and training before carrying a firearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links