Support Judge Alito

Support Judge Alito

This is a discussion on Support Judge Alito within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a web site to send e-mails to your two U.S. Senators, urging them to support Judge Samuel Alito's nomination to the USSC. Fill out ...

1943 - 2009

Support Judge Alito

Here's a web site to send e-mails to your two U.S. Senators, urging them to support Judge Samuel Alito's nomination to the USSC.

Fill out the information on the right side, select your state from the pull-down box, then click on "Send This Message" and the messages will be sent automatically to both your Senators.

http://ga3.org/campaign/support_judge_alito_sportsmen

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

sent

Crunch,

From the GOA website:

There are other conservative judges who are currently on the federal bench who also have a high regard for the U.S. Constitution. Judge Samuel Alito, Jr., in the Third Circuit, has argued that Congress has no right to regulate the private possession of machine guns.

It seems Gonzales is the one to keep out of the USSC:

Gonzales believes the Constitution is a "living document" and that only the nine justices on the court have the capacity to explain what it means. He has also stated that, "The Supreme Court tells us what the Constitution says and means." In his view, the high court actually "makes law" through its precedent-setting rulings.

I have done my part through the GOA...

Regards,

Fred
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Saying that Alito is pro-gun on the basis of that one argument wherein he apparently said that the government had no business regulating the sale of full auto to private citizens is dangerous.

My readings seem to suggest he made that specific argument on the basis of TRADE & COMMERCE regulations and NOT the 2nd Amendment. I would like to see some more arguments or positions he has taken specifically relating to gun ownership or gun control. Can anybody provide these?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

About all I need to know about Alito to support his nomination on Second Amendment grounds is contained in the quote posted front and center on the Brady Center's webpage:

The Brady Center strongly opposes the nomination of Samuel A. Alito, Jr. to the U.S. Supreme Court. The Brady Center does not take this position lightly. This is the first time the Brady Center has ever opposed a Supreme Court nomination.

Wink Is it real or is it "MEMOREX?"

Quote Originally Posted by hirundo82
    About all I need to know about Alito to support his nomination on Second Amendment grounds is contained in the quote posted front and center on the Brady Center's webpage:
    Welcome to the forum!

Ever hear the story of Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear? And the Briar Patch? No?

Okay, Alito opposed the Federal law banning machine guns NOT for the support of the 2nd Amendment, but rather based on the government's role in regulating interstate commerce. I like what I see of Alito, thus far. But I worry that all this opposition is mere window dressing and that like Souter, this might be a pseudo conservative.

In 1913 the Federal Reserve was sold to the American public as a regulatory agency on the banks and was "fought" tooth and nail by the bankers. Guess what? it ain't "federal" there are no reserves and it's controlled by the very same private owners who also own all the major banks in this country and are connected to those around the world. Don't take everything at face value.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    IIRC Ex - the Fed Res prints money with nothing to support it.!

There's quite a lot of what folks call ''tinfoil-hattery'' around the whole thing but - there is a substantial lending deal that goes on behind the scenes, of which I forget main details right now.

Costs 8c each to print a $20 - but looked at from some angles, that is all it's worth!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Exclamation BINGO P95Carry!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    IIRC Ex - the Fed Res prints money with nothing to support it.!

There's quite a lot of what folks call ''tinfoil-hattery'' around the whole thing but - there is a substantial lending deal that goes on behind the scenes, of which I forget main details right now.

Costs 8c each to print a $20 - but looked at from some angles, that is all it's worth!

Wanna know the details? Go to amazon .com RIGHT NOW and order this book:

The Creature From Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin. It will explain everything and offers TONS of support and proof. I use this book when I explain money and banking theory to my students. This book reads like a detective novel and it is so gripping it'll be hard to put away. Every chapter has a summary if you find it tough to get thru. My copy is so worn, underlined and dogeared, I will have to buy a new one soon.

Links