National Park Carry ?

National Park Carry ?

This is a discussion on National Park Carry ? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has there been any news on the National Park issue ? I vaguely remember that some kind of decision was going to happen around mid-November....

Thread: National Park Carry ?

National Park Carry ?

Has there been any news on the National Park issue ?
    I vaguely remember that some kind of decision was going to happen around mid-November.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I think the decision will be announced soon but it probably won't matter much because next year BO will write an Executive Order to do away with it.

Here is a recent news article about the impending decision. Don't hold your breath expecting any rule change.

Decision expected on rule about guns in parks | TheNewsTribune.com | Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by rtroha View Post
    Don't hold your breath expecting any rule change.
    Don't be so certain. The article was obviously slanted towards the status quo, with a quotation from a very anti change person who had no official status. I remain hopeful....

As far as the next president overruling a change with executive orders, I think some people need to relax a bit. It is very unlikely that an issue like this would rate that level of intervention. The next big rollback in gun laws will probably relate to so-called assault weapons.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Here is an audio of a conversation with Barrack Obama on gun rights and Concealed Carry on Chicago public radio.

http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/au...48_040913c.ram

---------

He is against Concealed Carry in general, and would like a Federal Ban on Concealed Carry in his own words.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post
    Don't be so certain. The article was obviously slanted towards the status quo, with a quotation from a very anti change person who had no official status. I remain hopeful....

As far as the next president overruling a change with executive orders, I think some people need to relax a bit. It is very unlikely that an issue like this would rate that level of intervention. The next big rollback in gun laws will probably relate to so-called assault weapons.
    If BO has the power to do it...he will do it. BO HATES guns and he will do what ever it takes to limit them. If he has the power through Executive Order then he will use it. Since The Department of Interior follows under his directive, it would be NOTHING for him to write an EO abolishing CCW in any National Park.

I don't see it happening with Osama in charge in a couple of months.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Thanks for the info !!!
    I just hope O will have his hands so full with major problems (economy war terrorism) that he is not going to go into 2a stuff ...

jfl

Well, YOU FOLKS NEED TO BE MORE OPTOMISTIC. Where is all the Hope??

Here is how I see it: Right now you can't carry in the parks. So since the candidate of "change" has been elected, that would mean that you will be able to carry in parks. Remember that slogan: Change you can believe in. So strap on your peashooters and get ready to tour the National Parks my friends because Change is coming......"Yes We Can"..carry in the parks, soon!
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post

Here is how I see it: Right now you can't carry in the parks. So since the candidate of "change" has been elected, that would mean that you will be able to carry in parks. Remember that slogan: Change you can believe in. So strap on your peashooters and get ready to tour the National Parks my friends because Change is coming......"Yes We Can"..carry in the parks, soon!

jfl

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I don't see it happening with Osama in charge in a couple of months.
    I don't see it happening either. But don't forget GWB had 8 years to change it for us gun owners and for 6 years the Republicans had control of everything. For close to 40 years i've voted Republican This was the first time I voted for a third party. Never again will I vote for who I think is the lesser of the two evils. The Republicans in DC are anti gun to. The only difference between them and the Democrats is the time frame. In 8 years the only thing that was done for us gun owners is the AWB expired. Don't forget it came up right before the election. If it wasn't right before the election their is no doubt it would have been pushed through and GWB would have signed it. Outside of that in 8 years what has been done for us????????
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by lostone1413 View Post
    I don't see it happening either. But don't forget GWB had 8 years to change it for us gun owners and for 6 years the Republicans had control of everything. For close to 40 years i've voted Republican This was the first time I voted for a third party. Never again will I vote for who I think is the lesser of the two evils. The Republicans in DC are anti gun to. The only difference between them and the Democrats is the time frame. In 8 years the only thing that was done for us gun owners is the AWB expired. Don't forget it came up right before the election. If it wasn't right before the election their is no doubt it would have been pushed through and GWB would have signed it. Outside of that in 8 years what has been done for us????????
    agreed with lonestar

now with this current anti gun admin going into office soon ,,national parks carry will never happen
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post

That is great

VIP Member
    I did not comprehend the seriousness of this issue until I went on a kayak-camping trip in a huge national park. The first thing one sees is the warning about guns. The next thing one sees is the warning about bears.

There is something "crazy" about the way 2 and 2 are not put together here.

This case can be made even without resorting to concerns about two legged human predators.

Sponsored Links