Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA?

This is a discussion on Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And of course you will provide us with independent and accurate references supporting your statements, right?...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA?

VIP Member
    And of course you will provide us with independent and accurate references supporting your statements, right?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

I am a member of the NRA, GOA nad RMGO. Of the three my favorite is the RMGO, but they just don't have the HP that the NRA has. The NRA is the 500lb gorilla in the room. RMGO (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners) is moe pro-active in Colorado than any other group, they only lack in funding.

I would suggest joining the NRA, GOA, RMGO, hell join the PTA if they will support CCW in the school system.

VIP Member
    Join NRA, then whatever other organization at the national level you want and don't forget your local organization!
    Better yet, join an be active with your local group.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

I have been an annual member of the NRA since 1972. When I joined the liberals had all the intentions in the world of banning all types of guns. They always use the ploy of "common sense gun control", we all know what that means we compromise and they get things the way they want.
    Rush Limbaugh said once on his show that liberals don't like the NRA because they(liberals) aren't use to dealing with people that have principles." paraphrased

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just joined the NRA (1 yr. membership) a few minutes ago as a result of this thread. Hopefully others do the same. :)

I just rejoined last week.

VIP Member
    Thank you guys for joining. Just remember that you must be active not only as shooter but also contacting your representatives and local media (even though it may seem futile) and spreading the word on your own. The NRA and other organizations provide a great amount of materials and information in their websites that you can use.
    Randy Cain.

VIP Member

Nope -- But that's not enough

Join the NRA to support things at the National level.

Join, or create a grass roots State organization to deal with local & State issues. In many cases, the NRA affiliated State org are not getting it done -- esp on local problems and local attack on liberty.

What we need is an aggressive, effective, and independent State level org -- in every State.

A VCDL Member reported the following great Lobby Day observation:

"I was in the hall on the 5th floor. Two women with General assembly ID badges walked by.

The first was asking what was with all the "Guns save lives" stickers.

The second said "That's VCDL and it's the most powerful group in the state".
    We don't aways agree with the NRA. We focus on lots of local issues. We get a lot done that would slip through the cracks, with only a nationwide org -- any nation wide org.

You need to keep alert at all levels. We need to defend our freedoms at all levels.

dave -- NRA Life Member
    Supporter of FoNRA
    GOA Member
    VCDL Member
    Last edited by DaveH; January 28th, 2009 at 06:34 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I'm an NRA member and will remain so (I won't get a life membership because I like being sent free stuff by companies hoping to encourage me to renew ) but I also intend to be a pain in the a$$ with e-mails and letters because I feel that few (if any) of their compromises are justified. Instead of calling on people to abandon the NRA, I think members need to call on the NRA to better represent the interests of all firearm owners, not just target shooters and hunters.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

I joined because of the threads on defensivecarry.com

I had considered joining the NRA for a long time. Just wanted to mention one reason I joined the NRA was this site.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Join and also download the NRA Toolbar!

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    I just joined and I requested the freedom magazine, is that a good one or just same old/same old ?

Yes I joined because Obama Scares me. I see what they did to Illinois, can't imagine what he will try to do to the rest of the country.
    I just joined and got the same mag. I liked the latest issue. I learned Holder was basically a polital yes man.

Ok, well after thinking and thinking about it and after getting a membership card and everything in the mail today, I think I am going to finally join the NRA. I am still disappointed in the fact that I had some issues with NRA and they never responded to my email. I would have thought that if they had someone on the fence that they would do what it took to get me to join. I see in the mail today, its $25.00 a year plus I get a free gym back with NRA wrote on it. Looks like a nice bag.

I just think that the NRA could be doing more, and I would like to see them on TV shows, Fox news, CNN news and MSNBC news. You just dont see it. I am kind of concerned in that regard, but going to pull the trigger anyway. After all they do fight for my right.
    Eric

There were NO Guns used to take over the flights on 9-11, IT STILL HAPPENED

Wake up Americans - GUN CONTROL - Means WE LOOSE

I am a NRA member but I think you would like to know how your money is being spent here in Northern Utah. West of Brigham City and north of Willard Bay is a DUCK CLUB. It is called the Millionaire Club. The NRA and DU are members of this club. It is for the filthy rich. The top Exec's hunt here for 3 weeks a year. This is why we have the Northern Goose Zone. It costs $150,000 per member per year. Our state DNR set up the Northern Zone for this reason. The rest of the state has a divided goose season. Your money goes towards these memberships. The NRA does help protect our rights, but we pay their expensive perks.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I was a member a long time ago, for the past 5 years, I've been debating of giving it a go again, I guess after reading all this, I guess a year wouldn't hurt anything.

I gave it up about 10 years ago because they seemed to be going off the path of what I viewed they should be taking. They seemed to be getting a little to radical in their approach, from what I can see now, they have come back around to pushing hard, but staying within reasonable bounds.

What the heck, I guess I'll give them another go for I do love my right to have my weapons.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links