Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA?

This is a discussion on Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a lot of reasons not to join the NRA, and only one to join. The one is the legislative influence they have on ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA?

I have a lot of reasons not to join the NRA, and only one to join. The one is the legislative influence they have on our behalf. So I am still debating sending them money myself, but that one reason seems good enough.

Maybe NRA needs to so some changing too!

2. Remove Ads

NRA Slow?

Hi all..

Well I bit the bullet last week and mailed in my membership for the NRA. As of 4 days ago, they have already taken their money from my card and I have heard nothing. Somebody please tell me that I am just overreacting.

Why would they take my money and not give me my membership information? Why would it take 4 days or for that matter longer than that to get someone their info? You know I had second thoughts about joining and I am glad that I did because they are our political voice, but this is in my opinion not starting off on the right foot. Am I overreacting to this??
    Eric

There were NO Guns used to take over the flights on 9-11, IT STILL HAPPENED

Wake up Americans - GUN CONTROL - Means WE LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    I have kicked around around joining the NRA for a for a long time now. I am thinking about it more now. It may be a dumb question, but is ther any reason NOT to join up?

Thanks, Ron
    I can't think of any reason.

There are some people that think the NRA is to "accomodating" and willing to deal, but they are still the best chance we have.

Remember, "United we stand, divided we fall." There is stregnth in numbers, and the NRA definately has the most members. If you own a gun and don't belong to the NRA the level of respect I have for you gets lowered by a bunch. They, the NRA, have done a lot of good work in protecting out gun rights.

No, they are not "perfect" but lets face reality here, who is? Certainly no large group of people is perfect. I only know of one that was perfect, and it's not me, or any NRA member. They may not do everything we would like, and I even "unjoined" myself when they agreed to the ban on armor piercing ammunition years ago. I've since rejoined because as I came to realize, "United we stand, divided we fall."

Biker

Everyone that owns a gun or enjoys the freedoms that they have in the United States should join.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman31 View Post
    Hi all..

Well I bit the bullet last week and mailed in my membership for the NRA. As of 4 days ago, they have already taken their money from my card and I have heard nothing. Somebody please tell me that I am just overreacting.

Why would they take my money and not give me my membership information? Why would it take 4 days or for that matter longer than that to get someone their info? You know I had second thoughts about joining and I am glad that I did because they are our political voice, but this is in my opinion not starting off on the right foot. Am I overreacting to this??
    Thanks for Joining!
    Yes you are over reacting. The NRA as anything else involved with guns nowadays is swamped with new orders. Your membership paperwork, benefits, card and assorted stuff should be in the mail in 3-4 weeks.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

IF not a member along with every member of your family of the NRA, SAF, GOA, SAS (men and families can join) , and JPFO (do not have to be Jewish - I am not not) on the national level, your State Shooting Sports Association and your State Rifle and Pistol Association, and a local gun club or two where you live, then buy a hunting license (whether you hunt or not), helping out the BSA, 4H, Women on Target, SAS shooting events - women and kids are the future of shooting, writing you Congress persons along with your Governor and State reps - then not doing your part protecting America, the U.S. Constitution, and the Second Amendment. Maybe include a conceal weapon permit - probably should if you can get one - depends on where you live.

Quit whining about the junk mail from NRA - a simple phone call stops the mail.

If cannot do the above then most probably cannot be depended on
    to pickup a rifle or shotgun or pistol to protect the Nation.

Although I'm a NRA member I may not renew when the time comes.

The NRA helped craft the 1934 NFA act, the 1968 Gun Control Act just to name a few. These laws help restrict the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.patriotpages.net/nrafraud.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tszpara View Post
    Although I'm a NRA member I may not renew when the time comes.

The NRA helped craft the 1934 NFA act, the 1968 Gun Control Act just to name a few. These laws help restrict the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.patriotpages.net/nrafraud.htm
    True, the NRA did this, 70 years ago and 40 years ago.

What have they done the last 20 years ?

All organizations and all people make mistakes, does not mean they all need to be in jail or hung. although some to many should be.

Maybe you should not re-new your USA Citizenship either, USA once supported Slavery, USA once had civil war over State Rights, USA in the 1980's supported Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden, USA did not fight against the Nazis until attacked by Japan, the first leaders of the USA were called Terrorists by the British.

I stand by my previous post - word for word.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Since a whole whack of right leaning Americans sat on their butts in your last election, the only hope you have is groups like the NRA, even if you don't like them that much, it's the best hope your going to have for the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Since a whole whack of right leaning Americans sat on their butts in your last election, the only hope you have is groups like the NRA, even if you don't like them that much, it's the best hope your going to have for the next 4 years.
    Very True - your statement hits the nail like a hammer. Thank you for your comment.

DOGOFWAR01 summed it up very well! I wish I could be as eloquent.

On November 5th I upgraded my NRA membership to Life, and then joined GOA. Money very well spent.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you own a gun, join the NRA. Everyone can afford $10 associate membership, the NRA needs numbers now more than ever.

Gun Talk Radio : Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio Show : High Powered Talk Radio

Click on 'Join NRA' at the bottom left of the page, and you can get $10 off any membership.
    NRA Member

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links