Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA?

This is a discussion on Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have kicked around around joining the NRA for a for a long time now. I am thinking about it more now. It may be ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA?

Is There Any Reason NOT to join NRA?

I have kicked around around joining the NRA for a for a long time now. I am thinking about it more now. It may be a dumb question, but is ther any reason NOT to join up?

Thanks, Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

2. Remove Ads

Not really. There may be some things the NRA does that I don't always agree with but that can be said about anyone, or anything. They will bug you to death for more contributions but that is how they fund their organization. I support them and I instruct for them too.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    Not really. There may be some things the NRA does that I don't always agree with but that can be said about any one, or any thing. They will bug you to death for more contributions but that is how they fund their organization. I support them and I instruct for them too.
    Joe speaks the truth. We all don't ever agree on everything, but we do need to stick together to fight the anti's. Join GOA and the others too. They are all working on our behalf in one way or another.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

The junk mail is annoying, but my wood stove doesn't mind. The more members the more clout we have.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quit kickin' and start lickin'...the membership envelope.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Hey?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Are you still here?
    Go ahead and join!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have been a member for several years. I really do support the NRA and think they do a great job defending the 2A. Not to mention all the benefits that come with the membership i.e. insurance etc. Now I am extending my membership and also my wife is becoming a member as well.
    NRA Member
    Ret. LEO

Of all the 2A groups, the NRA has the most members. More members=more lobbying clout with Congress.

I've been a life member since 1973 and am an instructor in several of their disciplines ... many times I am convinced that they're too soft on some 2A matters. Other times, I believe that they aren't worth anyone's dues because of gradually conceding territory to the "anti's".
    On the end, however, for sheer clout, the NRA is the only game in town.

The more members; the more clout. Please join.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

The only reason not to join is the junk mail. About once a year they'll call you for donations. I usually slip them a hunskie but there's been tough times where all I could do was 5 bucks. I never say no. Giving them 5 bucks beats me fighting for my own rights on capital hill alone, I figure.
    You also get your pick of several magazines which is nice. You can change at any time.

That's just my take on it. Lifetime member here. :)
    [I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.

I just joined and I requested the freedom magazine, is that a good one or just same old/same old ?

Yes I joined because Obama Scares me. I see what they did to Illinois, can't imagine what he will try to do to the rest of the country.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

No good reason not to join NRA in my opinion. There are other pro 2A organizations, but dollar for dollar, I think the NRA has more resources, and the members benefit more. I've supported CCRKBA and SAF in the past as well, but my NRA membership seems to be ever increasingly helpful for me. Matter of fact, my local gun club membership depends on it. You also get rather basic firearms insurance coverage and discounts and such.

Senior Moderator
    An opposing view point that you can take or leave...

The NRA has over 4 million members and is currently the largest PAC on record.

When Obama goes ape and attempts to confiscate handguns, the first list he will grab is the NRA membership list. That list has a wealth of information, and its a list of people that are interested enough in the Second Amendment to donate to it and keep it alive.

Any tyrant that would consider banning guns, would consider the membership list of the NRA to be very valuable and for one that wanted to eliminate private ownership of guns, that would seem to be the first place to look.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

When Obama goes ape and attempts to confiscate handguns, the first list he will grab is the NRA membership list. That list has a wealth of information, and its a list of people that are interested enough in the Second Amendment to donate to it and keep it alive.

Any tyrant that would consider banning guns, would consider the membership list of the NRA to be very valuable and for one that wanted to eliminate private ownership of guns, that would seem to be the first place to look.
    I can almost see the reduction in those numbers happening right now. What would I tell an already panicked crowd? No matter, I'm on plenty of lists. It's not for the timid or shy, you gotta have principles. Principles worth dying for.

Senior Moderator
    Principles worth dying for
    Amen.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I was 'kicking it around' too, then the election results came in and I (re)joined.

As far as being soft on the 2nd A, like any other membership club the members can dictate the agenda if they speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

Three words:

Bring it <expletive>.
    [I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links