Update on my letter to the Editor

This is a discussion on Update on my letter to the Editor within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Somehow I missed my letter on line, but here is my letter to the editor. It appeared in Nov 14th, Rockford Register Star: "As a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Somehow I missed my letter on line, but here is my letter to the editor. It appeared in Nov 14th, Rockford Register Star:

"As a former lifelong resident of Winnebago County, with many ties to the community, I was excited to follow the concealed carry vote. I am pleased some of you have attempted to take the initiative for the state to change this unconstitutional law. Illinois does a great job ensuring that guns are in the hands of the "bad guys," because the rest of us law-abiding citizens have respect for the law, and therefore, cannot carry, nor defend themselves. I now live in Pennsylvania. I am, by law, legal to carry a firearm, and I do. Every woman confronted with an attacker has a choice: Do I choose to be a victim or not? Illinois has made that "yes" choice for you with unconstitutional gun laws. many years of statistics have proved that crime rates decrease when citizens are able to carry and protect themselves. guns are tools; it's how they are used that makes all the difference. it's time to change the mindset about guns and see them as they are, tools. It's time to change the law, so that it may not infringe on your rights."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I kind of wish now I wouldn't have announced to the world I carry, not that it matters in IL! However, I felt I needed to, to drive home the point. My opinion doesn't hold water unless I can back it up.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Good job on the letter!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Good job.

Well done!

-Jeff-

Strong work! I hope that it helps open some eyes!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Good job!
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Good job! I'm curious about what kind of replies it received. What paper/website was it?
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    Good job! I'm curious about what kind of replies it received. What paper/website was it?
    Letters to the Editor - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star

I checked the paper she referenced in the OP on the date she spec'd but it does not appear as any of the letters on the 14th. Guess thats what she was saying.

Bluedaisy Said
    Somehow I missed my letter on line, but here is my letter to the editor. It appeared in Nov 14th, Rockford Register Star:
    rolyat63

VIP Member
    I found her letter, you have to click the title to see the whole letter, just the first 2 sentences show in the script on the website.

Posted Nov 13, 2008 @ 08:33 PM

As a former lifelong resident of Winnebago County with many ties to the community, I was excited to follow the concealed carry vote.

I am pleased some of you have attempted to take the initiative for the state to change this unconstitutional law.

Illinois does a great job ensuring that guns are in the hands of the “bad guys,” because the rest of us law-abiding citizens have respect for the law, and therefore cannot carry nor defend themselves.

I now live in Pennsylvania. I am, by law, legal to carry a firearm. And I do.

Every woman confronted with an attacker has a choice: Do I choose to be a victim or not?
    Illinois has made that “yes” choice for you with unconstitutional gun laws.

Many years of statistics have proved that crime rates decrease when citizens are able to carry and protect themselves.

Guns are tools; it’s how they are used that makes all the difference. It’s time to change the mindset about guns and see them as they are, tools.

It’s time to change the law, so that it may not infringe on your rights.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

bluedaisy
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the real link, guys! I too, wanted to see what comments I'd receive from that.

Those were some pretty heated comments....really about the big picture. IL is my home state, and I want to do my best to help the cc movement there. I want to help squelch the "ignorance is bliss mentality". We have property there, and all my family is there, so I obviously have some solid connections....thankfully just not the home address!

I like that Peg!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I found her letter, you have to click the title to see the whole letter, just the first 2 sentences show in the script on the website.

Posted Nov 13, 2008 @ 08:33 PM

As a former lifelong resident of Winnebago County with many ties to the community, I was excited to follow the concealed carry vote.

I am pleased some of you have attempted to take the initiative for the state to change this unconstitutional law.

Illinois does a great job ensuring that guns are in the hands of the bad guys, because the rest of us law-abiding citizens have respect for the law, and therefore cannot carry nor defend themselves.

I now live in Pennsylvania. I am, by law, legal to carry a firearm. And I do.

Every woman confronted with an attacker has a choice: Do I choose to be a victim or not?
    Illinois has made that yes choice for you with unconstitutional gun laws.

Many years of statistics have proved that crime rates decrease when citizens are able to carry and protect themselves.

Guns are tools; its how they are used that makes all the difference. Its time to change the mindset about guns and see them as they are, tools.

Its time to change the law, so that it may not infringe on your rights.
    Good job Archer, I stopped looking at the end of the 14th postings...Glad to she Bluedaisy stirred some conversation.

It's funny to see the arguments. I guess most there believe you can own fireamrs but the founders had no interest in us being able to protect ourselves.
    rolyat63

I think articles like that are better accepted/understood by the anti's when written by a female. We as male are seen as gun totting wild men.

Great post. Interesting comments. How a person can equate "Keep and Bear Arms" to "Own a Gun" nothing more, not carry, not carry concealed, basically not leave the house with it, amazes me.

I thought I took a lot of hits to the head.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links