Second Amendment Support Form Letter

This is a discussion on Second Amendment Support Form Letter within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is the time in our history when I believe gun ownership and the Second Amendment are at the greatest risk. If you look carefully ...

Thread: Second Amendment Support Form Letter

Second Amendment Support Form Letter

This is the time in our history when I believe gun ownership and the Second Amendment are at the greatest risk. If you look carefully at some of President elect Obama's appointments to date, some of the key appointments are of aggressive anti-gun people.

I think that it is time for all advocates of the Second Amendment to express our views to our respective Senators and Congressman.

Perhaps, a member of this Forum, who writes well, can draft a sample letter for us all to use. We can elect to use it as written, or change it to reflect our own particular views.

But, the benefit would be that it will make it easier for those who don't want to take the time and trouble to compose their own letter, and thus hopefully get more letters out at a time when I believe they really need to be sent.

Just a thought.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

2. Remove Ads

If it's still the way I was told in the past, at least in FL, congressmen and senators consider EACH letter they receive to represent 10,000! constituents.

I'm not a very fluid writer, but if someone drafts one up I'll send it to my senators.

Every last vote counts...
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

I was planning on writing while between semesters, but I'm doing some research at the moment and trying to make sure it sounds like a concerned citizen and not something fringe. I am concerned about my rights, and the constitutional establishment of those rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    I was planning on writing while between semesters, but I'm doing some research at the moment and trying to make sure it sounds like a concerned citizen and not something fringe. I am concerned about my rights, and the constitutional establishment of those rights.
    Go for it, and then post what you come up with. Hopefully, it will serve as a basis for some of the rest of us to try and add to it, so we ultimately come up with a letter we can use.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I agree. Some of my other groups keep a list of contacts for all members to view as well as form letters, which can editted and made more personal. Maybe this site should compile email/snail mail addresses for individuals or organizations that can further our cause, or need educated. Hopefully we all know our local representatives, but a broader list would be helpful. Any thoughts?

Links