UK again - screw the good guy!

This is a discussion on UK again - screw the good guy! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well - not 2A because UK but - read this and weep! And to think I came from that lilly livered nation ! http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0...name_page.html (Britain) ...

Thread: UK again - screw the good guy!

Assistant Administrator

UK again - screw the good guy!

Well - not 2A because UK but - read this and weep! And to think I came from that lilly livered nation !

http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0...name_page.html
    (Britain) Farmer robbed - and police confiscate his shotgun
    Farmer robbed - and police confiscate his shotgun

Jan 19 2006
    By Alex Adams

TWYFORD strawberry farmer Eric Jarnet is fuming after police confiscated his shotgun on his 70th birthday because they feared he might emulate Norfolk farmer Tony Martin.

Mr Martin became a national figure after the shotgun killing of a burglar at his farmhouse.

An exasperated Mr Jarnet publicly admitted he might "do a Martin" after raiders stole hundreds of yards of irrigation piping from his 25-acre Twyford Fruit Farm in London Road, effectively putting him out of business.

Moments after he made his remarks police arrived to seize his shotgun, for which he has a licence.

Mr Jarnet said: "The thieves have all the rights in the world. Even if I had a dog here and he bit an intruder he would have to be put down.

"And years ago we had the gypsies on my land, and all the layabouts on their motorbikes and quad bikes, who cost us a fortune.

"And they keep breaking into the farm shop run by my tenants, so why put up with it?

"I have had enough especially as it happened on my 70th birthday. I will go to America and then I can have my gun and a licence."

Mr Jarnet added: "Residents and farmers have no protection and the police have just proved my point about how far will somebody be pushed into doing a Martin up in Norfolk.

"He was pushed too far. Nobody is saying he did the right thing, and I did not make a specific threat to a specific person.

"I was asking if a person could be pushed too far and when a person could be pushed too far.

"I gave up my gun voluntarily because there's no point in antagonising the police.

"The police and the judges are not doing anything to protect us.

"The policeman took the gun and he hid it under his coat. If it was all legal and above board why did he have to hide it under his coat?

"They have overreacted and they have proved they are protecting the villains.

"In other words, they are saying 'you come on Mr Jarnet's land, at least he can't shoot you.'"

Police spokesman Tim Wiseman said: "If anyone is making these public comments then we have a duty to check them out. Firearms, particularly in West Berkshire, are a sensitive issue.

"Concerns were passed to police following comments Mr Jarnet made on a local radio station. Thames Valley Police have a duty to make sure that no risk exists.

"We obviously had to respond to this and a firearms inquiries officer went round, and Mr Jarnet surrendered his gun."
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sad....very sad.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

"I have had enough especially as it happened on my 70th birthday. I will go to America and then I can have my gun and a licence."
    We'll be glad to have you, Mr. Jarnet. Maybe we can do a trade? Send them Feinstein or Shumer for Mr. Jarnet?
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

I'd welcome Mr. Janet. But he better hurry. It's only a matter of time before the US is like the UK. I really hope not, but I'm not to optimistic.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Senior Moderator
    Poor guy gets robbed twice. One by the civilian thieves, and then again by the government thieves.

I think the English need a Revolution....

Matt

Lead Moderator
    That is just sad........
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Unhappy Some would like the same thing

Right here in the USA we have some who would like to be able to do this very same thing to any gun owner who tried to protect his propriety from thieve's.

The Anti-Firearm bunch are always working to disarm us.

It's a never ending fight we are in. And it's not just for us today it's for our children and their children.

And also for anyone else who wants to own a firearm in our Country.

Assistant Administrator
    Sorry no links here but snagged this from a THR post - more proof of how wonderful it must be, to be a freedom loving criminal there - so little chance of being hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Random beatings for fun in the UK

-----------------------------------

Four jailed over killing of bar manager

Press Association
    Wednesday January 25, 2006

Guardian Unlimited
    A 16-year-old girl and three young men were jailed today for killing bar manager David Morley in a "happy slapping" spree of random violence.

The gang, who filmed the killing on a mobile phone, were convicted at the Old Bailey last month of the manslaughter of Mr Morley, 38, a survivor of the 1999 Soho nail bombing.

Reece Sargeant, 21, Darren Case, 18, and David Blenman, 17, were each given 12-year sentences.

Chelsea O'Mahoney, 16, was sentenced to eight years. She was said to have kicked Mr Morley's head like a football as he lay on the ground.

The four were acquitted of murder but found guilty of manslaughter and conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm in December following their attack on Mr Morley as he chatted to a friend on a bench on London's South Bank on October 30 2004.

The court heard how the gang were addicted to happy slapping, the act of carrying out an attack and filming it on a mobile phone.

"It seems that three of you had been on previous expeditions and had become obsessed with the activity of catching people unawares, assaulting them and filming it for your later gratification," Judge Brian Barker said on passing sentence.

"No-one listening to this case could fail to have been affected by your selfishness and blindness to the suffering of others.

"You sought enjoyment from humiliation and pleasure from the infliction of pain and you were clearly determined to continue and take advantage of any opportunity that presented itself.

"Each of your victims was totally innocent and taken totally by surprise. You behaved with total indifference to those who crossed your path in the heart of London."
    ------------------------

And another...criminals run amok. No way for the innocent to stop them.

-------------------
    Police investigating the murder of solicitor Tom ap Rhys Pryce in north London yesterday arrested three men. Mr ap Rhys Price, 31, was mugged and stabbed last week on his way home from Kensal Green station.

A police spokesman said three men were arrested in Kilburn at around 5pm. "The men - all arrested in the street - are all in custody at various London police stations," he said. CCTV footage was released on Tuesday showing two suspects in their late teens or early 20s.

They are believed to have mugged an Asian man in the station half an hour before attacking the solicitor.

--------------------
    And look...why, the criminals didn't give up their guns, even highly illegal full autos! Gasp...perhaps they don't obey laws! Who would have thought?

--------------------
    Street killing at club raises fear over gangs' fire power

Rosie Cowan, crime correspondent
    Thursday January 5, 2006
    The Guardian

Gunmen who killed a teenager with an automatic weapon could have caused carnage when they opened fire on an east London street packed with partygoers, a senior police officer said yesterday.

Two men shot Barrington Williams-Samuels, a 19-year-old barman, as he sat in the driver's seat of his 4x4 vehicle outside a nightclub in Hackney in the early hours of Monday morning.

He was hit in the head and chest and died shielding the 21-year-old woman sitting next to him. She was not hurt but a 19-year-old man in the back of the car was shot in the leg. He is in hospital under armed police guard.

Mr Williams-Samuels was known to police and officers are trying to establish whether his murder was gang-related.

Detective Inspector Paul Gapper from Scotland Yard's Trident unit, which investigates gun crime within the black community, said ballistics experts were carrying out tests to establish the make of guns used. But he said at least one was an automatic weapon.

"We don't know yet exactly what kind of weapon, but it could have been a submachine gun. There were about 15 shots. One went into the bonnet of a bystander's car, another hit a nearby building."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<SIGH>
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links