Joining the NRA - Page 2

Joining the NRA

This is a discussion on Joining the NRA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Thanis Just wanted to mention I'm joining up. It is time. I hunt to often and just appreciate this orginization to much ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joining the NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Just wanted to mention I'm joining up. It is time. I hunt to often and just appreciate this orginization to much not to join. While I'm not worried about the loss of 2A right in the near future, I do ponder what will become of those rights by 2010, and even more come 2012. If I value those rights, better start now.

Think I'll join on my b-day (comming soon) so it will be easy to remember my dues. Maybe someday I'll be a lifetime.
    Welcome to the club! It's a gift to yourself in the future IMO. And I know you'll enjoy the magazine subscription. I do.

I also joined last Wed (or was it Thurs? ahh, doesn't matter anyway, I doubt anyone was working the holidays at the NRA office). Feel nice to finally join, even if I don't have any guns (yet).

Anyone know how it long it takes to get the membership stuff including that nifty little decal?

They just cashed my check for life membership.

Michael

There's strength in numbers.

IMO, everyone should join, even if they don't carry.

the NRA is like any other lobbyist group; they want more money, and more power, and wrap themselves in the 2A to get it.

I just re-newed my subscription and also signed up my 16 yr old son. I figured he loves shooting with me, so why not.
    Howard
    USAF (Ret.)
    Proud NRA member
    Iron Butt #26949

the NRA is like any other lobbyist group; they want more money, and more power, and wrap themselves in the 2A to get it.
    There may be a modicum of truth to that. However, regardless of motives, the NRA does have a positive effect on 2A legislation on the Local, State and Federal levels. Those of us who are members use the NRA as much as the NRA uses us. If you want pure motives, join a monastery. ("You" used collectively). The only thing congress members understand is money. If there's no NRA or other lobby groups, it would be much easier for our basic rights to be compromised. As ugly as the money issue is, it's something we have to endure until congress becomes the aforementioned monastery.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Thanks for joining. I received life membership (after paying annual dues for years) from my wife as a birthday present last year. She was able to get a leather jacket with the NRA emblem on it as part of the deal.

Yes, the NRA is like any other organization, it has it good and bad points, but when it comes to protecting the 2A, IMHO they are the leaders in that field.

I do not know if the N.R.A. is still offering life membership where they bill you 25.00 per qtr. until paid in full. They had the offer I think last fall.

I've been an annual member for a long time. I guess I could become a life member because I'll always remain a member, but I like to get the free incentives each year or two to renew my membership.

I signed up about 6 months ago or so. I really love that 1st Freedom magazine.

I just renewed as well, it is the thing we can all do to protect The Second Amendment. Go to The Heritage Foundation - Conservative Policy Research and Analysis
    for more info on the great USA

smn
    New member here. I just signed up Friday. I've been a member of GeorgiaCarry.org for some time, too. I'd prefer seeing the NRA support legislative efforts of the state 2A groups. There's not just one 2A group but many and the members of each (complementary and supplementary) are very important in fighting for our rights.

Given that we'll be facing down a gun grabbing executive cabinet we need to back each other up and not divide over minor disagreements.

VIP Member
    While the NRA works at mainly the federal level don't forget to join and support your state level groups as well.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Joined today.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links