Joining the NRA - Page 4

Joining the NRA

This is a discussion on Joining the NRA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, I am going to open myself up, but here goes. I have not always agreed with the NRA, and at times thought the image ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Joining the NRA

OK, I am going to open myself up, but here goes. I have not always agreed with the NRA, and at times thought the image they projected was poor. Though I cannot stand Michael Moore, his interview with Charlton Heston did us no good. Anyway, for these reasons I have shied away from the NRA. I have been going with GOA, and Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL).

I have started to understand that the NRA has one of the most powerful lobbies for 2A, and has benefited many of us whether we like them or not. So do I suck it up and join the NRA, and why, other than the obvious one I just stated?

VIP Member
    You answered your own question.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

NRA doesn't like me. I've tried to join. I really have. The first time I talked to them.... I called them by the way.... I signed up for a year and mailed them a check. Never got any literature or magazines.... thought it odd. Finally checked and my check was never cashed. Figured well maybe the mail got lost.... called them AGAIN a few months later and reupped and even sent in a $25 political donation this time as well. I put it on my credit card to be sure it would go through. Waited and waited and never got any paper work or magazines.... after about 2 or three months I started checking on my credit card and the charge never did get put through. Still hasn't. Go figure. Whats a guy gotta do to join anyway?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
    minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd
    by the clean end"

VIP Member
    Giddy, we don't like you either but we keep it quiet

Try again online, see what happens
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyUpGo View Post
    NRA doesn't like me. I've tried to join. I really have. The first time I talked to them.... I called them by the way.... I signed up for a year and mailed them a check. Never got any literature or magazines.... thought it odd. Finally checked and my check was never cashed. Figured well maybe the mail got lost.... called them AGAIN a few months later and reupped and even sent in a $25 political donation this time as well. I put it on my credit card to be sure it would go through. Waited and waited and never got any paper work or magazines.... after about 2 or three months I started checking on my credit card and the charge never did get put through. Still hasn't. Go figure. Whats a guy gotta do to join anyway?
    I had the same problem signing up for a life membership. It finally went through on the second try for me.

Michael

Good choice.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I have mine which is in dire need of replacing.
    You can get one of those fancier mylar ones. They're kinda shiny in a way, I think, and the colors look deeper and more vibrant. I think you can get them at the NRA store . I haven't seen it in person, but I think its a little nicer than the regular decal they have.

http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product....uctid=SS%20591 - 3" diameter.

Yea, I have been sort of conflicted about putting the sticker on my car. I don't even own any guns (sorry folks, in time... the economy is to blame) but I kind of just wanted to get around to breaking stereotypes and showing my support. Bad side is that everyone will judge me before I even show my face.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links