The Republic of Wisconsin

This is a discussion on The Republic of Wisconsin within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wanted to share the "Outrage" that we have to deal with here in Wisconsin. Moderators if this is the wrong place, please feal free ...

Thread: The Republic of Wisconsin

The Republic of Wisconsin

Just wanted to share the "Outrage" that we have to deal with here in Wisconsin. Moderators if this is the wrong place, please feal free to remove.

Denied:1up! Software ()

2. Remove Ads

Heil Hitler
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I avoid the DNR at all costs, they are a heck of a lot worse than the police. ANY little thing they can find to fine you or harass you, that's the order of the day anyday for them. Now they are bordering on illegal orders with this new one. It's just getting terrible.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Senior Moderator
    I dont see it as a big deal. Any officer can request your gun whether it is carried openly or concealed.

Some will do this for number checks, others will do this for personal safety. Some will hand them back, some will keep them for the duration of the "stop".

As long as they give them back, it should'nt be an issue.
    Do I like it? No. But in most cases it is the law.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I dont see it as a big deal. Any officer can request your gun whether it is carried openly or concealed.

Some will do this for number checks, others will do this for personal safety. Some will hand them back, some will keep them for the duration of the "stop".

As long as they give them back, it should'nt be an issue.
    Do I like it? No. But in most cases it is the law.
    "Wisconsin law does not specifically prohibit the open carrying of loaded or unloaded firearms in public, but a person doing so may risk being arrested, and charged with disorderly conduct, on the grounds that the display threatens the public peace or safety," the brief stated.

If that's the case, then police departments and the DNR could effectively make open carry illegal by defining it as disorderly conduct from the get-go, making an end run around both the Supreme Court and the Legislature. Using the same logic, any law enforcement commands not obeyed could result in a disorderly conduct citation.

Can you say "take an inch, get a foot"

Senior Moderator
    "Wisconsin law does not specifically prohibit the open carrying of loaded or unloaded firearms in public, but a person doing so may risk being arrested, and charged with disorderly conduct, on the grounds that the display threatens the public peace or safety," the brief stated.
    I read that and there is nothing right about it. If something is not specifically prohibited, then there is no law against it. Some one needs to hire a lawyer and get that crap stopped.

Unfortunately, its going to take a legal case to get that practice of being arrested for something that is legal stopped.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I read that and there is nothing right about it. If something is not specifically prohibited, then there is no law against it. Some one needs to hire a lawyer and get that crap stopped.

Unfortunately, its going to take a legal case to get that practice of being arrested for something that is legal stopped.
    HotGuns, could not agree with ya more!!!! It's just a shame that one of us "little folk" would have to litigate it as opposed to our representatives doing the right thing.

Senior Moderator
    It's just a shame that one of us "little folk" would have to litigate it as opposed to our representatives doing the right thing.
    That because most of them are laywers. Speaking plain English would be counterproductive to their paychecks.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

It seems to me, a more appropriate title for this, would have been "The Peoples' Republic of Wisconsin."

So it's not illegal, but you can be arrested for it anyways?

Are the folks in WI working on getting a CC permit system going again? Sounds like it's really needed now more than ever........
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Well hopefully Mr. Krause will be successful in his case and put the breaks on this type of unwarranted activity by leo's or dnr.

I don't have a problem with the dnr holding the weapon while checking license etc, but that is where it should end.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I used to live in WI. They've had two close runs at CCW but funnybusiness politicing got it overturned both times. Then the sponser if the bill lost re-election two years ago.

I used to open carry in WI while out hiking or riding my horses. Sometimes that would take me into a bar for lunch. As I recal, I had to make sure to unload before going into anywhere liquor was sold.

I lived near Rice Lake where the hunting party was gunned down about 4 years ago. If any one of them would have been allowed to have a concealed handgun on them, then maybe more than just one person would have survived. I was sitting in my deer stand and could hear all the emergency sirens going by and heading to that shooting.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Links