We need to block Holder from taking office. - Page 2

We need to block Holder from taking office.

This is a discussion on We need to block Holder from taking office. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I heard the NRA won't be actively opposing this turkey, I'm disappointed! BREAKING: National Rifle Association Wusses Out On Holder - Erick’s blog - RedState...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We need to block Holder from taking office.

I heard the NRA won't be actively opposing this turkey, I'm disappointed!
    BREAKING: National Rifle Association Wusses Out On Holder - Erick’s blog - RedState
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Just wrote to our senator's as well.

Just trying to do my part

I sent my letters today.

Wrote mine just now.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    I heard the NRA won't be actively opposing this turkey, I'm disappointed!
    BREAKING: National Rifle Association Wusses Out On Holder - Erick’s blog - RedState
    Fine... did you send your complaints to the Judiciary Committee and your Senators yet? Otherwise your post is irrelevant
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Yep and the worst is yet to come.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

From my lovely senator:
    Dear Mr. Milchman:

Thank for you contacting me to express your view on the nomination of Eric Holder for Attorney General in the new Administration. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this vital issue.

It is encouraging to see such a gifted, experienced, and committed leader nominated to become the first African American Attorney General of the United States. I am particularly pleased to see a fellow civil rights advocate nominated to lead the Justice Department. Part of Mr. Holder's responsibilities in DOJ will be to restore the agency's focus on protecting our civil rights.

If confirmed as the next chief U.S. law enforcement officer, Holder will need to win back the public's confidence in the Justice Department. The agency has been tainted by the political agenda of the Bush Administration. U.S. Attorneys were fired if they did not make the political grade and civil rights violations were pursued half-heartedly. This must change in the Obama Administration. I expect the new Attorney General to correct these past problems and steer the agency back to a place of independence.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate your support. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of more assistance. I invite you to visit my website (Senator Robert Menendez | Standing Up for New Jersey Families) to learn of other important issues to New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    From my lovely senator:
    Dear Mr. Milchman:

Thank for you contacting me to express your view on the nomination of Eric Holder for Attorney General in the new Administration. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this vital issue.

It is encouraging to see such a gifted, experienced, and committed leader nominated to become the first African American Attorney General of the United States. I am particularly pleased to see a fellow civil rights advocate nominated to lead the Justice Department. Part of Mr. Holder's responsibilities in DOJ will be to restore the agency's focus on protecting our civil rights.

If confirmed as the next chief U.S. law enforcement officer, Holder will need to win back the public's confidence in the Justice Department. The agency has been tainted by the political agenda of the Bush Administration. U.S. Attorneys were fired if they did not make the political grade and civil rights violations were pursued half-heartedly. This must change in the Obama Administration. I expect the new Attorney General to correct these past problems and steer the agency back to a place of independence.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate your support. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of more assistance. I invite you to visit my website (Senator Robert Menendez | Standing Up for New Jersey Families) to learn of other important issues to New Jersey.
    I think I'm going to vomit.

Ryan

P.S. That's why I did NOT send a letter to my senator (Feinstein).

Eric Holder votes

For those that do not know, here is the breakdown of which Senators voted for Holder:

For Holder: :

Akaka (D-HI)
    Alexander (R-TN)
    Baucus (D-MT)
    Bayh (D-IN)
    Bennet (D-CO)
    Bennett (R-UT)
    Bingaman (D-NM)
    Bond (R-MO)
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Brown (D-OH)
    Burris (D-IL)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Cardin (D-MD)
    Carper (D-DE)
    Casey (D-PA)
    Chambliss (R-GA)
    Collins (R-ME)
    Conrad (D-ND)
    Corker (R-TN)
    Dodd (D-CT)
    Dorgan (D-ND)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Feingold (D-WI)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Graham (R-SC)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Gregg (R-NH)
    Hagan (D-NC)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Hatch (R-UT)
    Inouye (D-HI)
    Isakson (R-GA)
    Johnson (D-SD)
    Kaufman (D-DE)
    Kerry (D-MA)
    Klobuchar (D-MN)
    Kohl (D-WI)
    Kyl (R-AZ)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    Lautenberg (D-NJ)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Levin (D-MI)
    Lieberman (ID-CT)
    Lincoln (D-AR)
    Lugar (R-IN)
    McCain (R-AZ)
    McCaskill (D-MO)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Merkley (D-OR)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Murkowski (R-AK)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Nelson (D-FL)
    Nelson (D-NE)
    Pryor (D-AR)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)
    Sanders (I-VT)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Sessions (R-AL)
    Shaheen (D-NH)
    Snowe (R-ME)
    Specter (R-PA)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    tester (D-MT)
    Udall (D-CO)
    Udall (D-NM)
    Voinovich (R-OH)
    Warner (D-VA)
    Webb (D-VA)
    Whitehouse (D-RI)
    Wyden (D-OR)
    Men look out for themselves; real men look out for others!

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I 've already contacted both my senators :Snow and Collins who both vote like
    democrats when it comes to the assault ban.They both supported it last time
    despite our opposition! What really concerns me is have you seen what's on the list? ruger 10/22.give me a break! This tell me Uncle Sam doesn't want us to have much of anything over a bolt action and revolver.

Arrow

I wrote both my Senators and both voted "NAY". Here's the response I received from one of them:

"Thank you for contacting me regarding the confirmation of Eric Holder as Attorney General of the United States. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this issue.

After carefully studying Mr. Holder’s record as Deputy Attorney General, I remain doubtful regarding his judgment and ability to operate independent from political influence. Additionally, I have concerns that Mr. Holder’s record demonstrated a failure to understand the profound threat posed by radical Islamic terrorism. And I remain troubled by his apparent hostility to the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

During Senate Confirmation, Mr. Holder’s answers to the questions posed by the Senate Judiciary Committee failed to alleviate my concerns. During his testimony, Mr. Holder avoided giving a full and candid account of his actions regarding former-President Clinton’s pardon of Marc Rich, the clemency offered to 16 terrorists, and other matters that gave rise to my concerns about his judgment and independence.

My utmost concern, however, is that Mr. Holder fails to fully understand the unique challenges and threats posed to our country by radical Islamic terrorism. I fear that Mr. Holder is not prepared to lead the Justice Department at a moment when this nation is waging an asymmetric war whose battlefield extends across the globe and onto U.S. soil. While I was pleased that Mr. Holder testified that protecting America from attack would be his most important job as Attorney General, his public statements regarding the War on Terror often betray a willingness to advance ideological rhetoric without fully appreciating the sensitivity and complexity of a particular issue.
    For these reasons I opposed the confirmation of Eric Holder as Attorney General by the Senate Judiciary Committee. Although I am disappointed that on February 2, 2009, Eric Holder was confirmed by the full Senate to be Attorney General of the United States, I hope that he will study the important issues facing his Department carefully and independently, and will use power responsibly—and not simply cater to the extreme voices on the left.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator"

Letter from my Democratic Senator:

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of Eric H. Holder, Jr. to serve as the next Attorney General. I appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution provides that the President "shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint.Officers of the United States.." As a former Chief Executive, I respect the constitutional authority and prerogative of the President, regardless of party, to select nominees for the executive branch who he believes will best serve the interest of the American people. I also take very seriously the Senate's constitutional duty to render advice and consent on Presidential nominations.

On January 28, 2009, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted 17-2 in favor of Mr. Holder's nomination, and on February 2, 2009, the full Senate confirmed his nomination by a vote of 75-21, with my support.

Again, thank you for writing. As we move forward in the 111th Congress, please continue to be in touch with your opinions and concerns.

Sincerely,
    MARK R. WARNER
    United States Senator
    Men look out for themselves; real men look out for others!

VIP Member
    At l;east you guys got an answer.... I got zilch from both Fla Senators
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links