BHO whistle stop speech

BHO whistle stop speech

This is a discussion on BHO whistle stop speech within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; very disturbing to me when he talks about us having an imperfect "Constitution" and us needing a new "Declaration of Independance". im·per·fect: 1: not perfect: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BHO whistle stop speech

BHO whistle stop speech

very disturbing to me when he talks about us having an imperfect "Constitution" and us needing a new "Declaration of Independance".

im·per·fect:

1: not perfect: as A: defective

not even sworn in and his agenda is showing.

Who? What?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have been trying to avoid all things Obama so I did not hear that speech. Did he really say the the Constitution is imperfect. I know he said it before in the past. But did he really repeat that belief.

This is the guy who will be sworn to uphold it. God help us all.
    NRA Member

An article or something would be nice for those of us that don't follow the news.

sorry, dont have an article. i was watching Fox News live feed and he made the speech before he boarded the train.

VIP Member
    YouTube - Barack Obama: The US Constitution Is "Imperfect"

And let's keep it related to Second Amendment Issues
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

His thoughts in that interview go hand in hand with his thoughts on the 2nd Amendment. As of Tues the 20th, it is obvious that the "stuff" is gonna start rolling down hill. It's amazing how the Constitution and it's Amendments have served us faithfully since the birth of our Country and now, all of a sudden, the new "bossman" thinks it needs major overhaul to reflect the current times...I think I'm gonna go somewhere and be sick!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Guys, Watch your backs
    We had the same [Edited] when blair became prime minister in 1997
    They will do their upmost to change your way of life and interfer in what has worked well for 200 years.
    You are so lucky you have the constitution to protect you, your liberals are not nearly as crazy as ours, and some can see reason.
    You can also vote him out in 4 years when the rest of the people in the US come out of their obama coma.

Tint Bob
    UK
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; January 18th, 2009 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

obama-coma i like that

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    It matters little what Obama thinks of the Constitution. On Tuesday, Obama will swear on a Bible to uphold and defend the Constitution. The Court just rendered an opinion concerning the Second Amendment, which was favorable to gun owners.

Of course, the Constitution is an imperfect document. Is anyone going to argue that it is perfect? I know I would change it significantly, removing the ambiguities and making certain that states' rights were preserved.

I'm sure the nervous nellies will continue to be frightened by the incoming administration.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Some information on what exactly needs changing would be nice, though I'm sure that we won't find out until the latest possible moment.

What worries me most is that for as long as I can remember (I'm not that old) almost all politicians, irregardless of position, affiliation, or creed, have wanted to increase the governments power in all things. It's bad enough that they have done this through laws and regulations, but to change the document(s) that form the bedrock of our very country would be breathtaking.

And of course, any modification to the 2nd amendment is unacceptable. I am assuming the suggested amendment is not "guns, ammo, and all associated paraphernalia, are in no way to be controlled be the government. everyone has the right to bear any arms they so choose." (my legalese is not up to the challange, but I'm sure you get my drift).
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    It matters little what Obama thinks of the Constitution. On Tuesday, Obama will swear on a Bible to uphold and defend the Constitution. The Court just rendered an opinion concerning the Second Amendment, which was favorable to gun owners.

Of course, the Constitution is an imperfect document. Is anyone going to argue that it is perfect? I know I would change it significantly, removing the ambiguities and making certain that states' rights were preserved.

I'm sure the nervous nellies will continue to be frightened by the incoming administration.
    And I'm fully convinced that swearing to uphold it will mean less than nothing to him and the decisions he makes while in office.

And I'll gladly wear the nervous nelly hat here. We must be even more vigilant than usual in the next several years. Hopefully, he and congress will be too busy trying to muck through economic and war issues too bother with much 2A abuse.

He is right that the constitution is imperfect though. It is not nearly strict enough on enumerating only specific powers delegated to the federal government and retaining the bulk of powers to the people. In that respect, it could do with a serious re-write, but somehow I don't think that's what BHO has in mind.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    And I'm fully convinced that swearing to uphold it will mean less than nothing to him and the decisions he makes while in office.

And I'll gladly wear the nervous nelly hat here. We must be even more vigilant than usual in the next several years. Hopefully, he and congress will be too busy trying to muck through economic and war issues too bother with much 2A abuse.
    I agree. I am old enough to have seen plenty, and nothing has shaken me the way Obama has talked. This is a situation that we should not turn our backs on. Call it nervous-nelly or anything you want, but we must remain vigilant in our efforts to protect our 2A rights. NEVER trust the government to do what is right. Blind faith is a weakness exploited by a many of leaders, both good and bad.

I celebrated today by buying my first AR-15. While we still have a Constitution.
    And I stimulated the economy, too.

On a side note, it is ironic that Bill Clinton and Obama will go down in history as having more guns sold on their watch then any others before them. Of course the guns sold before he gets into office won’t count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links