Will our 2nd Amendment rights survive....

This is a discussion on Will our 2nd Amendment rights survive.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HotGuns Actually, his probable inaction and lack of support will just embolden the enemies of Israel even more and make life even ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will our 2nd Amendment rights survive....

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Actually, his probable inaction and lack of support will just embolden the enemies of Israel even more and make life even more difficult than usual for them.

An Iranian friend of mine that has become an American citizen believes that the election of Obama will be the beginning of the end of the U.S. He was a radical Muslim that became a Christian and left his home when his family tried to kill him.

He has a very interesting perspective of things.
    Hummmmm....I'm trying to find one thing 2A related in the above and on a number of posts.

Rick

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Direct attacks against the 2A? Maybe, but the Executive Branch can do untold damage without having to pass by congress. Commerce can ban the importation of ammunition and some firearms, ATF can embolden itself to come up with mores stupid letters (992R rings a bell? or that AK kits all of the sudden cannot be imported with complete barrels?), Interior can withdraw the CCW decision on National Parks. OSHA and ammunition storage?
    Believe me, there is lots they can will do.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Anything Obama does will eventually affect the 2A. Either the US is ruined and it will not matter, or he will directly take our ights away. Pick your poison!

Quote Originally Posted by concealed View Post
    Anything Obama does will eventually affect the 2A. Either the US is ruined and it will not matter, or he will directly take our ights away. Pick your poison!
    Hummm...he takes on global warming...and that will affect 2A? That is a stretch. I guess every thing GW and every prez did affected 2A as well with that analogy.

I really wished people would understand how govt works...

We have the strongest nation in the world...ruined...hardly...no matter who is prez.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Hummm...he takes on global warming...and that will affect 2A? That is a stretch. I guess every thing GW and every prez did affected 2A as well with that analogy.

We have the strongest nation in the world...ruined...hardly...no matter who is prez.
    Stick your head in the sand if you will, but he is the beginning of the end. I do understand the government and how it works. My job is in the one of the most regulated industry in the world and has federal government intervention everyday! It gets worse everyday. Too many regulations that can and are interpreted differently by each different regulator. You canot win.

BTW, I hope he does work on the environment and global warming! That would be different and worthwhile.

Senior Moderator
    I understand how it is supposed to work and how it really works.

If we have a total economic collapse and the dollar becomes as worthless as the paper it is printed on, it wont matter who is "prez".

Then the Second Amendment will be put to the test in a way that it has never seen before on the local,state and federal level.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Stick your head in the sand if you will, but he is the beginning of the end.
    Hummm...stick my head in the sand??? I guess you better stock up then if the end is near :)) Understanding regulations has absolutely nothing to do with understanding govt. But to keep this 2A...understanding regulations has everthing to do with understanding 2A.

I agree Hotguns...if the economy collapses...chaos will result. But I also believe there are many checks and balances to keep this from happening. Will there be corpses (businesses, jobs, people) left behind...you bet. Will it affect 2A...I guess time will tell...but don't believe it will happen under this prez. He needs the support of the people to weather the potential chaos from the economy...killing 2A will not endear that support.

Rick
    Last edited by bandit383; January 18th, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

bandit383, what do you think people are doing. Ammo is in short supply, and guns are flying off shelves faster than ever before. Too bad these people did not talk to you first.

bandit383, what do you think people are doing. Ammo is in short supply, and guns are flying off shelves faster than ever before. Too bad these people did not talk to you first.
    Press on...plenty of ammo and firearms where I'm at. The sky is falling though...keep the faith :))

Uh...anybody think perhaps that various groups want to fearmonger on ammo and firearms...wonder where all those profits are going??

Too bad...but keep spending...you are helping the economy for sure :))

Rick

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Uh...anybody think perhaps that various groups want to fearmonger on ammo and firearms...wonder where all those profits are going??
    Didn't people say that right before the Clinton AWB? And Oh Yes, it did happen! The only difference is that this time the list will be much longer and there will be no sunset provision.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Didn't people say that right before the Clinton AWB? And Oh Yes, it did happen! The only difference is that this time the list will be much longer and there will be no sunset provision.
    I think the AW's are toast (but also watered down that it will be meaningless)...but not because of the prez...Congress has that say...just as they did with Clinton. I also believe that it will be sacrificed to fend off the anti's...it will be interesting to see how hard the political arms of the gun pact groups like NRA fight (especially in light of the meaningless...).

Ahhh...politics...got to luv it.

Rick

VIP Member

"there you go again"

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Why is that your hope? We always have new readers who might not understand that the Second Amendment does not apply to the states.
    There you go again-- round 25.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    They'll survive, but as stated here time and time again, we will have to be watchful. He's not stupid, he knows by saying he supports the rights of citizens to own weapons, that gained him an important segment of the population, if wants that 2nd term, he won't alienate that segment the first 4 years, plus membership in the NRA has probably risen 40% in the last 2 months.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

From what, what has happened that would cause this, tell me what has he done without Presidential powers that would cause this, the election, please, it's called mass hysteria, pure and simple and I'm just love how people justify their fears with "oh he's going to be President" so we better, it's not justification when nothing has happened, it's mass hysteria and that's all it is for nothing has happened yet and no one here can prove differently, nothing has happened, they can claim it will (and I for one will watch and be on guard for it also), but I won't dive in the hysteria line of it could happen, we could have nuclear war from Iran tomorrow also or a disease could break out and wipe most of us out.

Our 2A rights/privileges (whichever way you look at it) are safe for now folks. Nothing has been done and it'll take him months if not years (if he is deciding to do something about it) to make it happen over all the pro-gun representatives and pro-gun folks in this country.

Praise the 2nd Amendment, but stop the hysteria, that's what's driving prices up and making ammo short, nothing else.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    Sorry guys but you are suffering from Wishful Thinking which is funny in a forum that is so heavy in not believing in the "It won't happen to me" mentality.

I am not planning on depending on their good intentions or political shrewdness towards a second administration. I am planning on be prepared and make a fight to make sure they do not go down the evil path by raising as much hell as possible.
    Randy Cain.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links